Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alastar Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So I completed the Dragon Knight saga a moment ago. . . and my completed I mean found every secret, killed most of the enemies in the game with a few stragglers, completed all of the quests that can be done with a few labeled as "failed" due to conflicting conditions, and watched the ending cinematic, and after the screen goes black at the last scene and you see the Divinity 2 logo spinning at the lower right corner of the screen to show its loading, then it disappears, and nothing happens. I wait and nothing happens and I have to use ctrl alt del to close the game.
I have seen videos where it appears that you can in fact transfer your character from DKS to Flames of Vengeance, but it seems the game crashes during the loading screen. any suggestions or any way someone found a way around this or what can I do? I could start a new game on flames of vengence, but I REALLY don't want to do that. I had some really good gear and progress done.

Support
Support

There should be a seamless transition from the end of Ego Draconis (after the Hall of Echoes) into Flames of Vengeance (back to Aleroth).

How long did you wait? There can be a bit of a delay on some systems.

Can you start a new FoV save? (to determine if the problem is with the start of FoV or the transition itself) You existing autosave may get overwritten, but other saves would be fine.

Try installing the AC3filter audio codec.

Try setting the game resolution the same as your desktop resolution, and see if that helps (Crashing during opening of Flames of Vengeance...). If not, try lowering both the game and desktop resolution temporarily, to see if that will let you get past that point.

You can try temporarily running the game in windowed mode, and see if that lets you get through the transition (see Crashing between ED and FOV).

[FIXED] - Crashes in the first loading screen

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

Alastar Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I waited for several minutes when on my machine load times would take seconds and nothing happens.
But today I loaded my game and tried again and it FINALLY worked. seems I had to reboot the machine for SOME REASON I guess. I also beat the Flames of Vengeance just a moment ago. Thanks anyway.

Flames of Vengeance was cool, had interesting quests and for being in just one small city map they managed to pack a decent amount of varied content in the city. Still, when I seen ads for the game before its initial launch I was hoping for more, and it seems Larian had hoped to include more as well. Maybe in the future they can make a Divinity 3 with Dragon Knights again and this time make it HUGE! This game had some fun moments and the dragon form was AWESOME.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Raze

Try installing the AC3filter audio codec.

Try setting the game resolution the same as your desktop resolution, and see if that helps (Crashing during opening of Flames of Vengeance...). If not, try lowering both the game and desktop resolution temporarily, to see if that will let you get past that point.

You can try temporarily running the game in windowed mode, and see if that lets you get through the transition (see Cheating between ED and FOV).

[FIXED] - Crashes in the first loading screen

[PC] Support FAQ - The Dragon Knight Saga

Audio codec did not work for me... could it be that this just does not work on W8?

Because previously on W7 everything was working just fine. frown

Support
Support

It isn't a consistent problem on Win 8, at least.

Can you start a new FoV character? This might overwrite your current autosave, but wouldn't effect your other saves.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard