Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Razzmann
Originally Posted by Razzmann
I got to know another bug making the game unplayable - luckily only for me (atm I don't know anyone who as the same problem): I believe it happens because of the murder-quest (forgto the name). After I went to the room in the Inn which is guarded, the "Hall of Heroes" unlocks and the rift travel symbol starts glowing. As soon as I'm teleporting to the homestead, from this point on the game always crashes as soon as I try to save (it does not matter whether I quicksave or use the normal save menu). Even if I travel back to Cyseal, the game crashes upon saving. frown

Ok so I figured out that it's not asociated with the quest. In every Savegame (of these characters), as soon as I enter the end of time (it is never for the 1st time) the game crashes upon saving.

This problem gets bigger and bigger. As it turns out, as soon as I enter an area which has a loadscreen as soon as you enter, e.g. the black cove or the homestead, it "triggers" the "bug" which causes to crash the game upon saving.... frown

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
veteran
veteran
There there Stabbey, you obviously don't understand the golden rules of game development;

* BETA is the stage everything is bugfree, and you just pile on more and more functions!
* These functions are always working perfect.
* Never EVER does fixing a bug or adding functions create new issues.
* Game goes Gold on the highest point of feature creep.
* Games are capable to be adjusted to suit *everyone*, game developers just don't do it since they're evil.

And a mod should probably split this to it's own humour thread, since we're poluting the bug report thread 0_o

journeyman
journeyman
I believe this guy never had the pleasure to pragramme anything...
It would be great if it was like "Hey lets put this, this and this in! Oh it works fine and no bugs appear!" If this was the case, the game would have been finished already

Spiegelberg! He, Spiegelberg! Die Bestie hoert nicht.
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
And a mod should probably split this to it's own humour thread, since we're poluting the bug report thread 0_o

Sorry, sometimes I can't resist provoking a certain type of individual. The anonymity of the internetz clearly brings out the best in all of us. wink

But as you say - and assuming no particular poster cares to hurl additional pointless insults at the hardworking Larian team - back to the bugs...

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
OK, here you can get another bug^^:

If Murphy, the graveyard dog accidentally gets killed (like running into poison pool created by the zombie Dave), and you then resurrect him, then you can not talk to him anymore. (Murphy also does not join the fight which is a little strange)

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Elwyn

If Murphy, the graveyard dog accidentally gets killed (like running into poison pool created by the zombie Dave), and you then resurrect him, then you can not talk to him anymore. (Murphy also does not join the fight which is a little strange)

That actually happens to all player resurrected npcs. Someone said they weren't sure if that was a broken feature or bug because you shouldn't be able to resurrect npcs in the first place

Originally Posted by Fedayin
Originally Posted by Elwyn

That actually happens to all player resurrected npcs. Someone said they weren't sure if that was a broken feature or bug because you shouldn't be able to resurrect npcs in the first place

I also had this problem with the female warrior companion. She got friendly fire, was angry and attacked us. We killed her and resurrected. Wanted to ask if she joins again, she told us to give a gift, but after that she doesn't want to join and stays where she was killed before..

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
N
stranger
stranger
N
is this the most recent bug report thread?

Got a problem with madora:

after a fight in which she got gravely wounded, Madora left the party. She says something about having gone too far, then she attacks.
I killed her and ressurrected her, but when talking to her now she doesn't seem to remember the incident.
When i try to invite her back into the party she states that she would like to, but that sadly enough the party is already full (which it isn't).
i only got scarlett, roderick and jahan in the party and noone got lone wolf.

cheers

ps: enjoying the game so far, had a good laugh at the "You must gather your party before venturing forth" smile you definitely need to put in the voicesample

apprentice
apprentice
Sorry if it was posted already but here's what happend: My friend started trading with the scrolls vendor at the market and while he was in the scrolls vendor screen I started trading with the fish vendor after about 5 seconds after I started trading with the fish vendor the items which my friend was going to buy appeard in my BUY tab at first i though wow i didn't knew fish vendors were selling scrolls but then my friend told me someone(me) was moving around the stuff he was planning to buy.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Noizhende
is this the most recent bug report thread?

It actually isn't, but everybody is acting like it is :p
Granted, 1.0.239 was just a hotfix, but it can still be misleading.

The Brotherhood of norD is love, the Brotherhood of norD is life.
Click to reveal..
- Abandoned Basement bug, where the camera will continually shift around. You will notice it when you headed down the Abandoned Basement and not moving your character and the camera will shift around.

journeyman
journeyman
Here is the sequence of actions I took to reproduce this crash (3 times) as well as some initial information.

- 4 Party members
- Single player

- Summon Wolf
- Send wolf to trigger the dialogue for the encounter with the madman in the graveyard. (The one that summons 10 exploding zombies)
- Game crashes to desktop

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Minor bug:

After loading any savegame Madora and Roderick now have a yellow level up arrow to their portraits although there are not actually any points to distribute. When I open the character screens the level up arrows disappear. I believe, I saved once when Roderick and Madora have just leveled up and after that the bug started to appear.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've the same bug crashing the game twice, so I thought to register here and report it from here too.

The first time the game crashed I was in the market in Cyseal, buying stuff. I had Scarlet, the second character, selected and opened Roderick's inventory to give her the money to buy magic books. When I transfered the money the framerate went down, the NPCs thought I stealed the money, when obviously that wasn't true, then the guards came, asked me to return the money, to what I said yes, then the game froze and crashed.

The second time was basically the same. This time, with Roderick selected, I gave the money to Scarlet, this was outside the Mayor's house. This time the game didn't crash and nobody thought I stealed the money, so I went and bought the magic books without any trouble. Then I decided to buy stuff for Roderick too, so with Scarlet selected I transferred her money to Roderick and the game instantly crashed, so I don't know if the NPCs would have marked that as stealing.

Both times the game crashed I was in the market. I had one companion, the female warrior that sees Source Magic everywhere, dunno if that's important. I can upload my save file if someone wants to try to recreate the bug.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Found a minor issue in character creation, when both players are simultaniously are changing their names.
Everytime one player enters a letter, the cursor in the letterbox of the other Player gets reset to start.
So assuming one player S wants to call his hero scarlett and the other player R roderick.

S starts typing in the name, when he reached Scar, R starts typing resetting S cursor. S finishes typing and the charactername now is lettScar.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Blocking Bug: While playing co-op, my partner went to trade with Arhu. He was there in both human and cat form. He talked to the human. My partner said "I'll take my leave", and then cat-Arhu started combat for no reason. Combat continued to start about twice a second indefinitely. That made the game unplayable, obviously. He may have been controlling Jahan to trade with him, as he "doesn't like to play as a girl."

I took video of this and can post it on request.

Bug: The Trap House Garden door can theoretically be unlocked with the key by the shelf on the inside, but not really, since when trying, my Rogue wants to walk all the way around instead of using the door right beside him.

Bug or WaI?: The Trap House, there’s a static cloud in a doorway arch. I used ice wall and the cloud vanished, so I think it’s one of those things where you have to place a crate over top… but if you do that then the door isn’t going to be navigable. If there’s some switch to deactivate it that I missed, then never mind.

Bug or WaI?: Rain doesn’t seem to do anything to the lava in the trap house. This seems intended though. Maybe ice works?

Crash Bug: In Esmerelda's shop, standing right next to her. I was in control of Jahan, and I was transferring money from Jahan to Madora (so I could re-roll Esmeralda's inventory. It crashed immediately as soon as I dropped the gold on Madora's portrait. I suspect this is related to the bug where source hunters transferring things to each other inside a shop is considered stealing.

Bug: I moved behind an enemy attacking me, and entered Sneak mode successfully, but when I went to move away, it provoked an attack of opportunity from the enemy who couldn't. see me.

Last edited by Stabbey; 12/04/14 02:19 PM. Reason: sneaky AoO
D
stranger
stranger
D
Found something!

You can walk through the closed door(even if it is still locked) of the house of the undertaker OUTSIDE the city (east).

T
stranger
stranger
T
I sure hope devs are lurking through those threads...

[Major bug]

After killing Eglandaer you can't talk to any npcs. Bug is repeatable. Relaunching the game doesn't fix it.

[Minor bug]

Arhu robot in the cave sometimes seems not to do anything on his turn. He didn't even damaged me once in a fight, because mostly he didn't do anything or focus on NPCs. Maybe NPCs caused it? At the moment he only looks scary but is a total wuss.

Last edited by thisisnighthawk; 12/04/14 05:41 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
I was able to teleport off a cliff near the top left of the map by throwing the teleportation pyramid.

Once I was at the bottom all my characters were stuck in the same position and could not move.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=248511756
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/486695669220511943/A4522535624C768084C9EA36FA736BD4CED77A4A/

Last edited by NinjaSteave; 12/04/14 09:21 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
We have found a bug with Murphy to dog.

We were in the graveyard and started to dig up the graves, one of them dug up a zombie.

When the zombie was killed it made a poison ooze/cloud which was on the grave near Murphy.

Murphy the dog was not terribly smart and decided he should run through it about 15 times.

When he died, I attempted to resurrect him which worked, but you can no longer interact with him.

A) I would of assumed that if anything Murphy would of ran through it once and learned his lesson possibly saving his life and

B) It should not have broken the NPC script/dialog/interactive ability.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard