Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The game is heavily changed and become much more pleasant to the eye for you thank you so much ...

But here are two things do not give me no rest :

First : it does not fit the profile and image of my fighter , looks very uncomfortable when I create a white-haired character with a mustache and a portrait for it does not correspond. It is very uncomfortable looks visually , whether you plan to add more portraits to the game ? Although to be honest it would be ideal to see your character portrait that I 'm not talking about the animation or change the avatar ( put on a helmet and helmet appeared on avatar ) , but at least after creating a character to make it as an avatar picture ... then playing with a friend is visually it is clear that this one redhead barbel now says ... I think it adds character perception .

Second : I still do not know how things are going with dual-swords. For me it's the perfect character , and I really hope that I will have the opportunity to create dual-swordsman shoot lightning . I've seen that so many people believe the same forum so I think making such a possibility you will please many of his fans. (and I would also like to clarify that there are projects that make a stub, creating dual-swordsman giving only use two daggers, I'd like to see in your project is the use of dual swords)

Please do not post my questions without attention ... thank you for what you do ...

stranger
stranger
To be honest it was really too hard for me to understand your second point (english is not my native language so that could it be). So I only can comment on your first point.

And I agree with it. hehe Yesterday I created my two chars and I couldn't find a fitting portrait. I would love to see the technic from other games like World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2 (I know both MMORPGs ^^) here in D:OS. A 3D-rendered picture of my actual character. If its to much of a workload to do a live picture with equipment a simple screenshot at the end of character customization would be enough for me.

M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
For me, too, English is not their native language, I hope the developers will understand the second question.
I wanted to say that I wanted to create a character who can use two swords.

addict
addict
same same about the portrait, it is really odd

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
old hand
old hand
We still need to add more portraits, don't worry smile

Dual wielding is not planned for release.

Tweeting @forktong
M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by ForkTong

I was very upsetting frown actually it looks very strange, because if you look at one blow with a dagger in his hand hitting the animation is how double strike, although in the end is only one weapon ... for me it is not very understandable.

stranger
stranger

So it will still be the painted portrait method?

(Attention: made up numbers! ^^)
Say we have 15 skin tones, 8 face types, 12 hair types and 14 hair colors, that would mean we need 15*8*12*14 = 20160 portraits to have one for each combination. That would be a lot(!) of portraits. hehe How will you handle this (because I don't believe you will paint 20160 portraits *g*) circumstance?

M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by motoko

So it will still be the painted portrait method?

(Attention: made up numbers! ^^)
Say we have 15 skin tones, 8 face types, 12 hair types and 14 hair colors, that would mean we need 15*8*12*14 = 20160 portraits to have one for each combination. That would be a lot(!) of portraits. hehe How will you handle this (because I don't believe you will paint 20160 portraits *g*) circumstance?

It is for this than to draw portraits less similar to most of that user can create a lot easier to charge after the character generation of programmers to create a screenshot of the face and put it in place avatars.
I myself am a programmer and understand what I'm saying, it's not technical problems or routine work, it is only a matter of do or not.

It seems to me that such a small function is extremely endorsed by all the fans of the game

T
stranger
stranger
T
I think the decision of going with painted portraits was a bad one. I'd rather have them remove it and display only the name than forcing one to follow a specific look, simply because there is not the right picture for your desired appearance.
The whole character-creation-editor-thing is weird and lackluster.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tabeha
I think the decision of going with painted portraits was a bad one. I'd rather have them remove it and display only the name than forcing one to follow a specific look, simply because there is not the right picture for your desired appearance.

nah i dont agree with u, what they could do to avoid doing all avatars is that they simply take a pic of your face in character creation window and replace it with avatar pic - similar to NWN2

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Fanest

nah i dont agree with u, what they could do to avoid doing all avatars is that they simply take a pic of your face in character creation window and replace it with avatar pic - similar to NWN2

Wouldn't that break the style of the game? Isn't it kind of odd when the player characters have 3D models as avatars while everyone else is stuck with painted ones? It's more of a soft push to have only the names displayed.

M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Wouldn't that break the style of the game? Isn't it kind of odd when the player characters have 3D models as avatars while everyone else is stuck with painted ones? It's more of a soft push to have only the names displayed.

3D character models will look out of place. Avatars must be 2D that would not spoil the overall style of the game, they read must be established on the basis of established character and not be selected separately.
Here in this request only

veteran
veteran
So far, all 3D character portraits to me look... off and ugly.
I much prefer a stylistic drawn portrait over that dreck, even if it may vary slightly from my chosen look.

journeyman
journeyman
if u take a screenshot of face in character building window u get 2D so u dont really need 3D animation in avatar.

Last edited by Fanest; 04/04/14 11:29 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
if u take a screenshot of face in character building window u get 2D so u dont really need 3D animation in avatar.

That's not the point. We're not talking about actually animating the avatar but the fact, that a screenshot next to a PAINTED picture is completely different in appearance and feeling. I agree with Hassat here that it looks off and ugly.

stranger
stranger
For me (and I can only speak for me smile ) it is out of question: I like the painted Portraits a lot more than the 3d rendered. My concern is that it is a lot of work to paint 50 portraits. And it is a lot of work during the character customization to click through 50 Images to find the matching. And then again with 50 (just a number I imagined :)) Images you won't get every possible combination of Skin tone, hair color, face type and hair type. Even (becuase of similarity) if you reduce skin tones to 5, hair color to 8, faces to 4 and hair types to 4 you get 640 combinations.

So at the end I like the painted more. But if that means I can't find the matching portrait for my customized char then I would prefer 3d rendered Pictures. smile But as said at the beginning that is only my preferation.

veteran
veteran

That's not the point. We're not talking about actually animating the avatar but the fact, that a screenshot next to a PAINTED picture is completely different in appearance and feeling. I agree with Hassat here that it looks off and ugly.

I don't really understand this complaint as your actual avatar (and the environment) is in 3D, and yet still manages to fit the look of the game.

Doing a handpainted avatar of every possible hairstlye, hair color, skin color, face choice, and beard combination is a crazy amount of work. A screenshot of your head from character creation would be a lot easier, and a lot more accurate. If the artists have done their job in make sure the artwork for the 3D avatars fits the look and feel of the game (and they seem to), then there shouldn't be a problem. Especially if the game does some post processing on it to give a more painted look.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Gyson

I don't really understand this complaint as your actual avatar (and the environment) is in 3D, and yet still manages to fit the look of the game.

Doing a handpainted avatar of every possible hairstlye, hair color, skin color, face choice, and beard combination is a crazy amount of work. A screenshot of your head from character creation would be a lot easier, and a lot more accurate. If the artists have done their job in make sure the artwork for the 3D avatars fits the look and feel of the game (and they seem to), then there shouldn't be a problem. Especially if the game does some post processing on it to give a more painted look.

All the portraits in the game are painted and it might look out of place if the player characters are not.
But whatever, if they put some effort in it and make it look similiar to the rest of the avatars then I'm fine with it.

M
Muslim Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Good afternoon again staff "Larian Studios", my question was lost in Topeka and bugs remained unanswered, but I would still like to have that answered my question is the official representative of "Larian Studios".
First I want to apologize for my English , my native language is Russian .
I also paid to play very little time paying attention only on the mechanics and appearance, all because he did not want to deprive yourself of pleasure and enjoy investigating the history of the world in a place with my boyfriend after the official release of the game.

First, is that today I have not found a way to use two weapons simultaneously. Even two daggers can not pick up even one hit animation when it looks like a dagger shot two guns .
I would very much like to see a fight with two swords , and that would not spoil and do not adjust to fit his balance , I offer you this arithmetic :
Greatsword is (approximately ) 150 % damage from hitting the same level of one-handed sword.
Let using two swords - the second sword does only 50 % damage and then get about the same for the balance . But give rampant player dreams ( like me) to create combat mage with two swords ...

Please, I would like to see a small comment Representative "Larian Studios" that if we can expect this in the future? if there are problems then what are they? balance? engine? Animation? I would at least what may be the answer to get from people who know ...

Second, it is still the case for avatars . And this problem is much more important as creating two characters I have to remember that when dialogues Behold this avatar bald man with tattoos - actually belongs to my red-haired and bearded fighter , but this is short - cropped black hair on the avatar - in fact my mage with long white hair ...
This is not terribly comfortable and looks stupid if to regain its role in the game as unbalanced psycho avaricious character , the first psychosis begins at the stage of their own avatars which clearly has nothing to do with my character smile

Being a programmer and a little understanding of your kitchen studio, I would like to ask you to do the automatic creation of avatars means screenshot created character . It actually raise immersion in the game and facilitate understanding of dialogues ( who owns what dialogue ) .
I note that your game has the ability to connect to a stranger and help the player to play the role of his running mate . Only here at the first dialogue , any player may hang trying to figure out who owns the avatar ...

Please do not leave my questions unanswered, really looking forward to comments from your employees , and very grateful to you for your work . You create a really great game that I look forward to.

M
addict
addict
M
Muslim: Larian did already answer your first point; dual-wielding (i.e. combat with two swords) will definitely not be in the game:

Have to admit I'm a little disappointed myself, but not surprised - adding such a balance-changing feature at this late stage would be a lot of work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard