Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Right, I hear you Stabbey... still holding out for a lot of the requests in this thread to be implemented eventually (please?). smile And the major beta updates have been coming about every 2-3 weeks, so yeah ynotndalton, hopefully by June 1 we'll see something new.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Larian implemented a couple more requests from the list in the OP with yesterday's update to version 1.0.80 (and they didn't even mention the first one in the change log - sneaky!). I don't plan to do detailed testing of what else might have been added until the next major update, but here's what we definitely got:

13) The value of every stat/ability modified from its base value should be displayed in a different color in the inventory menu
(Simple and awesome improvement. I can see the blue (purple? whatever) color-coding is now done when gear alters "basic" stats like movement/crit chance/resistances, but I'm not yet sure about abilities - I haven't played enough in the new version to test with a piece of equipment that raises an ability. But at least for the changes I can see right now, thank you!)

9) Character creation enhancements
Added 360-degree rotation of character models; allowed editing of starting skills
(Now if we can just get a true "classless" option, we'll be good!)

The change log also mentioned "Fixes to Item Descriptions, Stacking, Stats," but I'd need to test all the items that still didn't stack in the previous update to confirm, and I don't plan to this time. But if anyone else has the interest/patience to verify and post here about which of the non-stacking items listed in the OP have actually been fixed with this update, go nuts.

Anyway, more good stuff from the hard-working devs (not to mention all the additional bug-fixing and balance changes listed in the change log). But there's still a whole month to release, so don't stop improving the UI just yet! wink

old hand
old hand
They also changed on which side "compare tooltips" for equipped and item you are inspecting displayed. Now the description of the item you are inspecting is always first in order, next to the mouse pointer, regardless on which side the tooltips displays.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Havn't had time to really play yet.. did they make the npc dialoug thats already been read be dimmed and topics with new info highlighted in this update?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ynotndalton
Havn't had time to really play yet.. did they make the npc dialoug thats already been read be dimmed and topics with new info highlighted in this update?

Not in this update.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Originally Posted by ynotndalton

Not in this update.

If they don't do anything else i want this lol.. it drives me crazy im ocd and don't like missing any dialoug and to click it and it be a repeat sometimes and other times not sucks. i see that as a flaw

journeyman
journeyman
Can we have a check list on requests that are already added in? Pretty please... laugh

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
First, some bad stuff: in a previous beta update, the devs had implemented the request to have all weapon tooltips note "one-handed" or "two-handed," but for some reason, the latest update has removed that feature. As with removing the tooltip showing the effect of barter/attitude on prices, this is another little step backwards for the UI. Why, Larian, why? ouch

(EDIT: I just saw this in the 1.0.80 changelist, but I frankly don't see how it would be an improvement: "Removed to 1H 2H thing under title of item, should not be here, we will do it in description.")

But back to the good stuff: thanks for pointing out that other addition, Hiver. And Minchi, I've updated below the list of UI requests from this and other threads that Larian has implemented over the past several updates. Note there are a couple I still haven't confirmed (there have been a couple updates - including this one - where they said item stacking was completed when it actually wasn't, and I haven't tested the "exception" problem items listed in the OP under the current update), while a few I listed as "partial." As far as I can tell (based on very limited testing), none of the other requests in the OP have been implemented yet - but hopefully a lot more of those will be in with the next big update!

---(UNCONFIRMED) all non-equippable items of identical type stack with each other in inventory
---(UNCONFIRMED) the order of scrolling through inventory/skill windows using the left/right arrow icons now follows the currently selected player portrait order
---(PARTIAL) inventory sorting (but not yet "by type") has been added
---(PARTIAL) crafting enhancements: recipes learned from books are now tracked in the journal - but see the OP list for other requests related to crafting
---(PARTIAL) character creation enhancements: added 360-degree rotation of character models; allowed editing of starting skills - but still no "classless" option, or option to change starting equipment
---(PARTIAL) numerical values of stats/abilities positively modified from the character's "base" values by equipped gear/consumed food and potions are now displayed in blue - but stats/abilities modified by traits (which can be changed via dialogue) are still not color-coded; neither are any values that are currently suffering penalties (maybe these should be in red instead of blue - e.g. armor penalties on sight/hearing/movement)
---skills can now be used in combat via the main skill menu
---hotbar skill icons now display a colored triangle when plotting character combat movement if insufficient AP for the skill would be available if the path is chosen
---a popup message ("Are you sure you want nothing in return for that?") now appears if the player attempts to trade items without selecting any items in the NPC's inventory
---the trade window now allows switching between players
---NPCs now repair/identify items in their inventory
---NPCs can now repair equipped items
---unnecessary companion talents are now hidden
---windows now "remember" their on-screen locations
---"journal"/"map" keyboard shortcuts now act as proper open-close toggles
---switching to a new player no longer interrupts the started action of the original player
---left-clicking an unreachable location no longer recenters the camera on the player
---the mouse pointer now "cuts through" walls/obstacles to allow interaction with adjacent items/containers/NPCs
---equipped-vs.-new gear item comparison tooltip window locations changed so tooltip for equipped item is closest to that item

Last edited by Mikus; 30/05/14 12:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
I definitely think it's better as description instead of in the name...

It not being there currently is simply a bug waiting to be fixed.

I doubt "dimming text" will ever be implemented simply because for most NPC's the response is a random pick from several options, done when asked... and it's impossible to do a 'did you get it' pass on something that's not generated yet.
Changing that would be a LOT of work, especially seeing the payback.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Log window still does not remember its position after loading save. Sometimes it even forgets its size.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I definitely think it's better as description instead of in the name...

It not being there currently is simply a bug waiting to be fixed.

I still don't understand why that's considered better, but if they do at least put the 1H/2H info in the description, I guess I'll live.

Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
I doubt "dimming text" will ever be implemented simply because for most NPC's the response is a random pick from several options, done when asked... and it's impossible to do a 'did you get it' pass on something that's not generated yet.
Changing that would be a LOT of work, especially seeing the payback.

I'm no developer myself, but I'm thinking even if the "generic" dialogue options are randomly assigned to NPCs (though it doesn't seem they are from my playthroughs), couldn't they just attach the "dimming" to the global instance of the dialogue choice throughout the game, regardless of which individual NPCs it gets assigned to? Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me. wink

veteran
veteran
Just found another enhancement in the patch which isn't listed in your notes:

When trying to drag "Hair" onto "Hair" it pops up a Craft or Stack UI, so you can choose whether to...

That's great, and it's one step closer to the goal of a Craft UI which lets you drag things from your inventory into it to perform a craft. It's not there yet, you can't drag things onto there, in part because there's only the one ingredient slot, and the second slot shows the result of the craft - also a good thing.

M
Mikus Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
M
Thanks Stabbey; I didn't play enough in the latest update to see that - sounds promising!

But I saw you posted elsewhere that the beta will end on June 20 (which isn't surprising, if they're sticking to the June 30 release schedule), so we're really getting down to the wire with these requests - there are probably only one or two major version updates left. As I posted above a few days ago, I feel there are still many requests from this thread that would seem relatively simple, but would significantly improve the UI. Here's hoping they're still working on this stuff!

And as a side note, I've already mentioned how ridiculously tedious I personally find the current repair mechanic, but I noticed during my brief time with the latest update (I only played through the first two battles) that equipment durability loss, especially on weapons, seems to have been lessened quite a bit. (My fighter cut up about 6 enemies with his training sword, and the sword was still at 70/70 durability afterwards.) For those who have played more in the latest version: was this just a glitch, or has equipment durability loss really been toned down compared to earlier versions? If it has - assuming they won't give me my frickin' "repair all" button (and I'm afraid they won't) - this would be good news for me. Cheers!

M
stranger
stranger
M
1. vendors: we should have the possibility to show only usable items. also stuff that i have sold to the vendor should appear in another window. do it disappear at all? im level 9 and can still rebuy things i have sold at the beginning of the game.

2. map: wayshrines should have names when you mouseover them. sometimes i dont know what shrine i have to use to get where i want.

3. it would be cool if we could port by clicking on the waypoint on the map!

3. custom markers cant be removed.

4. more different armor/cloths! more colors, more variations (dyes?)

5. you cant compare to other characters while shopping. you have to quit the barter-window and reopen it with the character you want compare items.

6. recipes are not userfriendly. you have to open some recipes to find the one you search. also its too much text to read. they should be simpler, maybe with icons, like icon + icon = icon

7. i really miss "identify all"!

8. sometimes i dont know if i have found a 1 or 2handed weapon

9. we really need another solution for all those keys!

10. the functionality of traits is not clear enough: how can i push one trait? it feels its just luck.

11. tooltips are hard to read. maybe they could be a bit better designed, with some lines to separate some parts of text. also while bartering they are annoying.

12. a waypoint to the marketplace of cyseal would be really, really great!

Last edited by Metixen; 01/06/14 06:55 PM.
old hand
old hand
Ive checked better today, the mouse pointer stays unchanging, when you cast any spell - for three full seconds. So you cannot select another spell or a skill during that time.

Im not sure what could be the reason for it, maybe... to prevent players to throw several spells too fast..? or something?

Seeing how its turn based combat and engine is performing really well otherwise... it doesnt seem it would need such delay. If that could be lowered down it would be great.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mikus
I still don't understand why that's considered better, but if they do at least put the 1H/2H info in the description, I guess I'll live.

Personal preference mostly, but having it lengthen the item-name did get rather annoying giving more clutter when alting, or generally when hovering over weapons in your inventory... IMO.
It fits much better as the first description, all the way at the top. We'll see where they place it though.
I'm no developer myself, but I'm thinking even if the "generic" dialogue options are randomly assigned to NPCs (though it doesn't seem they are from my playthroughs), couldn't they just attach the "dimming" to the global instance of the dialogue choice throughout the game, regardless of which individual NPCs it gets assigned to? Not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me. wink

They could... if it wasn't for, what I said before, you can't check for something that isn't generated yet.
Maybe an example makes this clearer. "Jake talk" has 3 nodes, and there's a 4th node on quest update.

You talk with NPC1. You select Jake. The RNG comes up with "2"... you have now heard option 2.
You talk with NPC2. It has the Jake option. Should it be greyed out or not? You've heard 2 before, but it doesn't generate 1,2 or 3 until you select that option. How does it figure out to grey it? Or should it simply grey it hearing 2, even if you haven't heard option 1 and 3?
Or should it grey out when you heard 1, 2 and 3? If so, people would still complain they might hear repeatals.
It should ungrey upon the opening of option 4. Of course, like 1,2,3 4 gets generated actually clicking the option, then it runs the requirement if 4 should show. How do you check that before generation?

Answer; You don't.
And that's the problem with the suggestion, technically-wise.

It works in other games since they simply don't randomly generate answers based on a PC's input, and for say, questupdates, give an entirely new node for the player to choice rather than re-giving the same, but altering the feedback given to the player.

Hope that makes the problem clear... smile

V
VPA Offline
stranger
stranger
V
Critical everyday CONTROLS / HOTKEY

--- Add "T" as "Trade" activator in dialogue to NPC
[Linked Image]

--- Add "Space" as "Accept" in little pop-up window
[Linked Image]

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Originally Posted by VPA
--- Add "Space" as "Accept" in little pop-up window

Yes. This is much needed. And also ability to disable tutorial pop-ups.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Suggestion regarding Waypoint Shrine markers on the map: label them on the map according to their names in the Rift Travel menu so we can more easily figure out which shrine to teleport to.

veteran
veteran
Space to override tutorial seems prone to making them misable for the people who need them most (especially since they currently aren't logged in the convo log).

The "disable tutorial pop-ups" seem the better solution for non-first time players.

@ riptide; Sounds good smile

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard