Next Thread
Print Thread
E
ELB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
(Raze, if you can help with this one... thank you, thank you...)

This is, essentially, a continuation of my prior posts regarding installation problems.

I followed Raze's model regarding the appropriate folder layout in Explorer.

I re-unrared the root file from the Game disk to my "Run" folder, since I was missing the FMOD.DLL for lord knows what reason. Then, of course, it was there.

I ran Divine Divinity. This time I made it through the videos, unlike last time, and got to the game load screen. The sword filled about 30% up, and bang, quit to windows. Clearly, something somewhere is still wrong, or my corruptions (CRC errors) did not disappear as I had thought, though copying the files from my CD-ROM to the hard drive and unraring from there did not result in any CRC error messages.

So, any input?

- ELB

P.S. This is quickly becoming the worst experience I have ever had with installation, and I am beginning to lose faith that the game will ever operate bug free, especially given other's comments. But I shall persevere a bit further. Strange that the patch worked so seemlessly. Usually the other way around.

E
ELB Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
I also want to add that I just installed the VIA Latency patch suggested by Larian/CDV's tech page. Not sure that will make any difference in the errors I was getting, but I suppose it could based on the contents of that page.

Running the game after installing the VIA latency patch had no effect on my problem (still crashed during sword load). Still, the latency patch difference might only kick in PRIOR to install (to avoid errors). If this is the case, I would have to attempt the install yet again from scratch with the latency patch now in place.

Support
Support
Did you clear the read-only flag from any files copied directly from the CD (rather than extracted from rar files)? If that's not the problem, did you try the file verification method?

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard