NHLST Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Mouse click controls are really flawed.

- Hold + drag to move works perfectly fine

- clicking has issues:

- fast consecutive clicks are often not registered and the characters only move to the first or so clicked location, instead of adjusting their path each time a spot is clicked.

- sometimes, when clicking, but accidentally holding the button down for just minimally longer than necessary, the click gets already registered as "hold+drag" and the character stops moving when releasing the button.

- interacting with objects sometimes has the same issue, eg. clicking to access a container registers as hold+drag and instead of opening it, the container is moved.

- when clicking to move a character and then switching to the other, the first stops moving.

It seems that the differentiation between "click" and "hold" is where the problem lies.

stranger
stranger
Seconded. It does seem like I'm fighting with my cursor more than I'm used to in an isometric game (and I've played a few!)

Added note on the click-drag to move items, I've noticed if I do, in fact, do this on accident, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to cancel the lift & move action? I want, for example, to right-click while dragging the object around to cancel the pending move and remove the "ghosted" object from my cursor, but it doesn't seem to work. You're just kind of stuck moving that object, even though that wasn't the plan originally.

Support
Support

It's not the most elegant solution to cancel a drag and drop, but you can make sure the destination is blocked (move the object into a wall), too high (over a tallish object, even just a sign post) or too far before dropping.

stranger
stranger
Also if you're moving by dragging and run into a fight one of your guys automatically uses his turn to move to your cursor if its your turn first... which blows a lot of AP and has my mage standing right in front of the enemy... hi guys...

journeyman
journeyman
I agree, another thing that annoyed me is that there is no party formations when ur moving around. Entering battle in the right formation is very important for me.
The way it is now is so that character that ur controlling is 5-10m ahead of everybody and the rest is just bunched together in the rear.

Link Copied to Clipboard