Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=491564&gonew=1#UNREAD

Originally Posted by "Lynn"
• Replaced “repair” with “blacksmithing” and charm/intimidate/reason abilities by “charisma”

That seems like a pretty big change, and I have to wonder what that means.

My guess is that it'll still let you pick Charm/Intimidate/Reason dialogue options, and it'll use your Charisma score and it'll tie in the Trait system to modify that - so if you pick charming options in dialogue a lot, you'll improve the trait that boosts Charm.

But maybe to make that work properly they may need a trio of Trait axes:
  • Charm - Intimidate
  • Charm - Reason
  • Intimidate - Reason

All of those might start out at 0 and can go to something like +100 or -100.

With your modifiers in place from the traits, it may then take those into account with the situational bonuses. Charisma would still probably have to be the main modifier.

However, I think the Trait system is still waiting for code, so it may not be in this update. We'll have to see.

Stabbey Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hmmm... from the changelog:

Originally Posted by "Lar_q"
-Added charisma XP

That must have something to do with it.

journeyman
journeyman
In 8min i will be able to check it out ingame laugh , but yea this seems like a big change. I hope this is not one of their decisions to cut some stuff out

Last edited by Fanest; 25/04/14 01:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's going to be interesting, don't quite understand the reasoning, but will reserve judgement till I see it in action ingame.
Which hopefully wont be too long (damn real life :))

Link Copied to Clipboard