Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#495511 18/05/14 04:50 AM
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm concerned about the Crafting ability because "Crafting" was essentially nerfed to make "Blacksmithing" (AKA "Repair") more appealing. This was done by (if I'm understanding this correctly) moving any crafting involving metal away from "Crafting" and over to "Blacksmithing" (AKA "Repair).

Yes, I'm aware that twice now I've pointed out that Blacksmithing used to be called Repair. That was intentional.

I'm one of those gamers that loves crafting and I have to be honest.. the crafting in Divinity : OS leaves a lot to be desired, like it never received the attention it deserved and thus feels tacked on.

So.. to make the investment of points into the Crafting ability even *less* appealing by moving a good bit of it over to "Blacksmithing" (in order to make the Repair ability more appealing) is an odd decision, and not one I'm super jazzed about.

If anything, maybe Repair Blacksmithing should have been rolled into Crafting in order to make Crafting more appealing, rather than sacrificing Crafting to boost Repair Blacksmithing.

How are other people feeling about the current setup?

addict
addict
The current system is so dumb, in all its forms (gathering (aka "opening crates"), crafting itself (aka "dragging and dropping"), everythings), that its even not really worth mentionning. DOS is not about crafting, its about fighting.

However, I do have a proposal: add diversity by using blueprints and droppable recipes.

So, have a piece of paper be called "Basic Arrow shaft recipe", req 4 Dex and crafting 1. Drag and drop a log on it, and if you have the proper tool equipped, you can craft 1 Arrow shaft out of it.

Now have a "Advanced Arrow shaft recipe", req dex 8, crafting 3. Drag and drop a log on it, and you can get 3 Arrow shafts out of it.

Now have a "Legendary Arrow Shaft recipe", req dex 12, crafting 5. Drag and drop a log on it, and you can get 6 Arrow shafts out of it.

This doesn't prevent the actual blend system, but can add more diversity.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 20/05/14 04:56 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No doubt there are better ways to overhaul the Crafting skill, although (with time being so short) I'm concerned that it wasn't very appealing to invest in to begin with.. and now suddenly made worse to make the Repair skill more appealing.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Has anyone got 4 / 5 crafting? Apparently you can use those elemental stones from the statue quest to imbue other items, but I've never done it since my crafting skill is too low (3).

If there was a system for enchanting already made items, and it used the crafting skill, that would make it a more attractive option.

C
C
I've got 4 crafting and still can't use rubies for anything. Must need max level crafting.

'nut
addict
addict
Larian has always thrown surprises in their games. Hopefully we will get a good one at some point :-(

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by chimp
Has anyone got 4 / 5 crafting? Apparently you can use those elemental stones from the statue quest to imbue other items, but I've never done it since my crafting skill is too low (3).

Yes,
You get 15% resistance to the corresponding element.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Crafting in its current version is useless. What is the point of crafting an amulet with a bonus when you already have amulets with 2 or 3 bonusses ?

Crafting should allow to replace or add a bonus to any piece of equipment. The crafting level could fix the limit to the number of bonusses on a single item.

It should allow to salvage bonusses from items ( destroying the item ). The crafting level could fix the chance % to salvage a bonus.

Crafting base ingredient + pixie dust -> rune
Salvaging item -> rune(s)
Item + rune -> magic item
Item + rune -> better magic item

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Well if there is a more diverse enchanting system, then that would be a reason to invest in crafting. Being able to tailor your already decent gear to specific needs (i.e. adding more fire resist, putting a gem that gives +1 to pyromancy) would be really valuable.

At the moment though the scope sounds very limited. Needing 4 or 5 crafting to use an incredibly rare reagent to put +15% fire resist on one item is just not worth it.

I like the idea of salvaging though.

apprentice
apprentice
you need crafting 5 to use rubies on armor.

i am glad to see things like sharp tooth and adult antler (useless) were removed, however "blue mushroom" (useless) remains. frown

ok
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
What bonus does using a rube on armour give?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Sharp tooth isn't gone, just rare.

Same same sharp claw.

apprentice
apprentice
has anyone figured out what the sharp things do, if anything then?

rubies give resistance to the 4 elemental types

ok
O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by thorska
Originally Posted by chimp

Yes,
You get 15% resistance to the corresponding element.

Also:

You get a small amount of corresponding elemental damage on a weapon.

It may be possible that the 'enchanting' side of crafting simply hasn't really been implemented yet. But yeah as it stands crafting really isn't that beneficial or practical, more just a way to waste time.

Link Copied to Clipboard