Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
poiro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi everyone,
i've preordered my french CE on amazon.fr on may 16th just 2 hours after its announcement through the last update .
At this moment, shippping was planned to june 20th as expected.
Just received yesterday an email from amazon.fr that the release date is delayed to june 30th :-(
Does the delay only concern the french retail version of the game ( the june 30th release date is also announced on other french web sellers of the game, Collector's Editon as the simple Edition too, both delayed to june 30th ) ?
Sorry for my poor english, i do my best.

Last edited by poiro; 25/05/14 01:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
Hard to say for certain but if they are experiencing manufacturing delays then all physical copies of the game may be caught up in it. Digital downloads shouldn't be affected I think.

I am more concerned that they haven't collected shipping information from KS backers yet. I am extremely hyped for the CE and can't wait to have it.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 25/05/14 11:05 PM.
addict
addict
well actually I preordered mine on la FNAC and, so far the release date is still june 20th...
But perhaps there is a delay due to the localisation (translation)

@Darth_Trethon : don't worry there is still time, in the last update Swen told that they would deal with that in the upcoming weeks ^^

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Chaotica
well actually I preordered mine on la FNAC and, so far the release date is still june 20th...
But perhaps there is a delay due to the localisation (translation)

@Darth_Trethon : don't worry there is still time, in the last update Swen told that they would deal with that in the upcoming weeks ^^

I hope so, the release date is imminent now and the CEs are already in production if I understood correctly. As for the OP's question it could also be due to location depending where the game is being shipped from, when it gets to retailers and then for the retailers to ship to buyers and there's shipping costs and other potential international complications that could be causing delays. It could be something on the retailer's end, not necessarily Larian's fault.

poiro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
At least i'll still have the beta to wait for my CE to arrive at home.
Thanks for your answers.

PS : Chaotica : Fnac is the only shop to promise a release on june 20th. Amazon and Micromania both announce june 30th.

Last edited by poiro; 26/05/14 05:11 PM.
addict
addict
oh thanks poiro, perhaps the delay is indeed due to the translation and boxes production and the FNAC have not get the information so far...

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

old hand
old hand
There's been a problem at our manufacturer, or rather at one of their suppliers. The guys who make the dice informed them that they'd only be able to supply the set of RPG dice in the middle of July (instead of the beginning of June). Needless to say this came as a big surprise and is very disappointing for us. We've been working on finding a solution and ultimately decided to pull the RPG dice as we didn't want to delay the release of the CE in shops to the end of July (if we get it middle of July, it's only in shops end of July). Of course, the dice not being in the bundle also has an impact on the other materials in the Collectors Edition like for instance the back of the box, so there may be a small delay as a result of that. We're still working on that.

We'll be contacting everybody who bought a CE in the coming days and offer them the chance for a refund. The rest of the package will not be affected.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Will there be any replacement for the RPG dice in any form? Or simply removal with a chance of refund?

old hand
old hand
Sadly there's no time left to organise anything else so we will have to stick to offering refunds for those who want.

journeyman
journeyman
Does this rule out to buy the dices as standalone ??

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
journeyman
journeyman
Sadly there will be no dice:
see http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=496849#Post496849
Originally Posted by Lar_q
No, we had to cancel the order completely. The minimum required runs prevented us from ordering a limited set - we looked into that possibility.

Oh YEAH!
Have fun
poiro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Well OK i can easily imagine how disappointed Larian is to cancel the dices. So am I of course but even without it, the Collector's Edition is such a valuable package !
Will Larian only contact those who preordered on the larian Vault ?
How will other customers that preordered like me on amazon for example will be able to get a refund ?
By sending a proof of preorder ?
Thanks a lot for your answers, i still can't wait to play the game, even 1st of july !

veteran
veteran
Sad to hear about the dice but still very excited for the CE. Beyond all that I'm still very excited for the game and can't wait to play.

veteran
veteran
I suspect it does, but does this also mean the dice carrying pouch with the Larian symbol is being removed?

I am disappointed the item isn't being replaced with even an in-game digital bonus (the Engraving Tool, for instance, or some CE variant of the Kickstarter potion - something you already have that would require very little effort to use as a replacement). For the price of the CE to remain the same after an item is removed suggest the item had no cost or value associated with it, which is obviously not true.

old hand
old hand
I'm sure you're as upset by this as we are, if not more so, Swen. Thanks for the update, and still very much looking forward to receiving the final product.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
addict
addict

-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

stranger
stranger
German CE also delayed on Amazon.de.
New release Date: 30.06.

FUL IR
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Ningaubel
German CE also delayed on Amazon.de.
New release Date: 30.06.

Yes the 30th seems to be when the physical versions are released. I hope that at least we can download the digital copies on the 20th but ten days won't be a huge deal either way. I am growing more concerned by the day about Larian STILL not collecting shipping information from KS backers that need physical tiers so I fear a complete disaster like the KS backers not getting their physical copies of the game until a month later or worse.

apprentice
apprentice
I dont mind if it gets delayed as long as I get my Keys before hand laugh

R
apprentice
apprentice
R

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard