Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
VienxInq #497399 29/05/14 10:03 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by VienxInq
Imo there should be a upgrade tier for people who bought into the Alpha/Beta since they have the base game. Having us paying the difference shouldn't be that hard really. I mean having to pay $70 even tho I already spent $39.99 kinda sux.

I don't make a lot of $ so I have to be careful what I invest my $ in and D:OS was and still is the bet option. I just hope the $29.99 upgrade option comes around so I can keep investing.


I don't get it at all...what are you talking about? If you choose a steam key from your tier what's keeping you from buying the $10 Source Hunter pack which gives you all the digital CE goodies for your Steam copy of the game without having to buy the $70 Digital CE?

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 29/05/14 10:04 PM.
Joined: May 2014
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: May 2014
What you don't get is what you don't know. The $10 doesn't give you everything the DCE has.

Divinity : Original Sin $39.99 ( Base game )

Buy Divinity Original Sin - Source Hunter DLC pack - $10

Unlocks Divinity Original Sin: The Golden Grail DLC, Divinity Original Sin: Zandalor's Trunks DLC, Divinity: Original Sin Design Documents and Art Pack, and Soundtrack. (DLC will only be made available on release.)

Buy Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition - $69.99

Includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. Send the second copy to a friend! (DLC will only be made available on release.)

As you can see there is a big difference. I am not against the DLC at all. My post was just stating that there should be an upgrade option for owners of the base game to the DCE. Not to just buy the DCE for $70 or the DLC contents for $10.

Last edited by VienxInq; 29/05/14 11:29 PM. Reason: Added
VienxInq #497410 29/05/14 11:36 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by VienxInq
What you don't get is what you don't know. The $10 doesn't give you everything the DCE has.

Divinity : Original Sin $39.99 ( Base game )

Buy Divinity Original Sin - Source Hunter DLC pack - $10

Unlocks Divinity Original Sin: The Golden Grail DLC, Divinity Original Sin: Zandalor's Trunks DLC, Divinity: Original Sin Design Documents and Art Pack, and Soundtrack. (DLC will only be made available on release.)

Buy Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition - $69.99

Includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. Send the second copy to a friend! (DLC will only be made available on release.)

As you can see there is a big difference. I am not against the DLC at all. My post was just stating that there should be an upgrade option for owners of the base game to the DCE. Not to just buy the DCE for $70 or the DLC contents for $10.


I don't see much difference at all actually. Divine Divinity along with Beyond Divinity cost $6(USD) each or $12(USD) for both(prices as shown on the Larian Vault and Steam) so let's do some math:

$40 SEA purchase + 10 Source Hunter pack +12 for DD and BD = $62

That gives you everything the Digital CE has for $62 instead of $70 minus one copy of Original Sin which doesn't much matter to you personally....your pal will have to buy the game him/herself but oh well...too bad so sad. The trade-off you got instead of the 2nd copy was the Alpha and Beta access which do cost money.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 30/05/14 12:23 AM.
ynotndalton #497424 30/05/14 03:26 AM
Joined: May 2014
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: May 2014
While being part of the development cycle is seen as a great boon for some people, it is actually a tool for the developers that requires work on the part of both parties - even if it is doing what you normally do. That is work that is unpaid, but is nonetheless work. The developer gets feedback, bug reports, and fun statistics to work with and everyone gets a more polished game as a result.

I couldn't care less about getting DD or BD, as I own them both already. However, I would truly like to have the same opportunity for obtaining CE content for an additional cost, rather than simply purchase the CE x2 - because it does matter to a lot of us.

So I'm looking at 60 + 10 + 10 = 80, which is ten dollars more than what is on offer right now, but I miss out on all the CE goodies, like the trunk and the grail for each account. That's the crux of the matter, really. VienxInq had a point and you didn't get it, which is OK, but waxing snarky doesn't help with understanding.

Nasotha #497429 30/05/14 04:50 AM
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Nasotha
VienxInq had a point and you didn't get it, which is OK, but waxing snarky doesn't help with understanding.

Agreed, particularly when it's aimed at newer players coming into the community. It doesn't make the best first impression. Don't let that behavior run you off, folks. The developers here are great, even if some of the locals could use more polish.

Gyson #497501 30/05/14 11:35 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by Nasotha
VienxInq had a point and you didn't get it, which is OK, but waxing snarky doesn't help with understanding.

Agreed, particularly when it's aimed at newer players coming into the community. It doesn't make the best first impression. Don't let that behavior run you off, folks. The developers here are great, even if some of the locals could use more polish.


Why do people keep perceiving me as an ass? I just say things the way they are....and Nasotha, you do get the trunks and golden chalice with the $10 CE content package....you don't miss out on that. And you don't have to pay for it twice. You're already doing the person to whom you give your second key a huge favor by giving them the game, if they want the extra stuff they can pay for it themselves. Or am I missing something here....where do you get your 60+10+10 from if you're not getting the CE upgrade? The game is $40 iirc or will the actual release be $30 in which case I could see your $60 but what's $10+$10 for then? Even the CE only gets one copy of the CE content so if the person getting the second copy of the game wants it they'd have to pay $10 which would still amount to $80 but what do you mean you miss on the CE content like the chalice and the trunks? I am NOT being a smartass here I literally see no sense in your argument at all.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 30/05/14 11:44 AM.
ynotndalton #497504 30/05/14 12:03 PM
Joined: May 2014
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: May 2014
Yeah, sry for sounding snoody and the such. I didn't mean it like that but I can come off that way at times. For that I am sorry Darth. Trying to make a point can be done better. I don't always read back to myself what I write. which I usually do but this was one of those times I didn't.

Gyson #497579 30/05/14 09:24 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by Gyson
So, Steam has the Digital CE up. $70, includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity.

The Source Hunter DLC pack is available for $10, and it unlocks Divinity Original Sin: The Golden Grail DLC, Divinity Original Sin: Zandalor's Trunks DLC, Divinity: Original Sin Design Documents and Art Pack, and Soundtrack. This appears to be the "upgrade" solution for SEA backers.

So, going the "upgrade" path instead of buying a digital or physical CE will result in less stuff, but a lower total cost of $50. There doesn't seem to be a way to upgrade to the $70 digital package.

I'm a little confused by the "Divinity : OS Design Documents and Art Pack", as that is not included in the physical CE.


Well, spoke too soon. The Source Hunter DLC pack has been removed from Steam, for some reason.

Gyson #497585 30/05/14 10:09 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Gyson


Well, spoke too soon. The Source Hunger DLC pack has been removed from Steam, for some reason.


Probably because it's too soon....buying it won't give you anything until the game releases so there's no point for it to be there. Or they got the content list/price/whatever wrong. I wouldn't mind it much attention now anyway, it's irrelevant until release day anyway and it'll probably be back by then.

ynotndalton #497592 30/05/14 10:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Well, it's a little relevant. It basically was the only thing on the Steam store informing current SEA backers interested in the digital CE that a cheaper purchase option exists. Hopefully it comes back soon. Maybe it's a screwup on Steam's end and Larian doesn't even know.

ynotndalton #497656 31/05/14 11:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: NC, USA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: NC, USA
I just copied this off of STEAM:

Buy Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition
Includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. Send the second copy to a friend! (DLC will only be made available on release.)

So the DLC is still there, just not released early.

ynotndalton #497668 31/05/14 01:04 PM
Joined: May 2010
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: May 2010
Larian ,I refused to resist to my temptation to buy SourceHunters Pack when it was availble,I hope very much, that dissapearing of that thing will not affect on my purchase....

Last edited by James 540; 31/05/14 01:05 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
LeBurns #497672 31/05/14 02:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Jan 2014
Originally Posted by LeBurns
I just copied this off of STEAM:

Buy Divinity: Original Sin Digital Collectors Edition
Includes two copies of Divinity: Original Sin, the Source Hunter DLC pack, plus Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. Send the second copy to a friend! (DLC will only be made available on release.)

So the DLC is still there, just not released early.


Yeah, the $70 Digital CE is still there. The $10 Source Hunter upgrade for existing owners is the one that's removed and missing.

ynotndalton #497981 02/06/14 10:21 PM
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Brazil
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Brazil
The Golden Grail DLC will not be available to digital-only KS backers? I'm not interested in the upgrade pack because my pledge already have all that content except the Grail

gandalfnho #497983 02/06/14 10:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by gandalfnho
The Golden Grail DLC will not be available to digital-only KS backers? I'm not interested in the upgrade pack because my pledge already have all that content except the Grail


Interesting question, I imagine that certain digital tiers are considered to be digital CEs(maybe $80 and over?) but none of them says this outright so I'm just guessing here. I already have the golden grail for Original Sin unlocked on the Larian Vault because I got it from the boxed physical version of the Divinity Anthology.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5