Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
veteran
veteran
Human heads probably shouldn't require strength 11 to move, that's for sure. Heck, there was an entire movie about that - "Eight Heads in a Duffel Bag".

- I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a change, but I didn't see the "Is it just me or was there something odd about that situation?" conversation between the Source Hunters after they left Thelyron's clinic. I had already activated the star stone from the murder scene, so the one in the clinic just flashed. Madora also didn't make her comment about it being a blood stone.

It's possible these lines were intentionally removed to be less of a flashing bell.

old hand
old hand
That shouldnt require any strength at all really. Its not just that you cannot "move it". You cannot start the conversation with it unless you have 11 strength, if you deal with the crier first and talk to Lillian second.

In addition to the quest being so constricted and linear in all the wrong ways.

Gonna put this next one under spoiler tags for a reason.

If you attack Evelyn in the doctors house
- first, you need to attack her five times for her to start combat
- second, she calls all her support troops when she reaches half health but they attack her too.
- third, if you do it in the room where doctor is he also joins the fight and calls several Legionnaires to basically teleport in and then its just one big free for all, everyone against everyone.

It is fun. But.. im not rally sure thats the best thing to allow at that point. Maybe, if i attack Evelyn there she should just "teleport" away or disappear. Or just call the guards.

So the mystery of the murder quest doesnt get spoiled too soon.
- edit - and that her reinforcements arent revealed too soon. -

She and doctor are sufficiently hard at that level to deal with. Doctor has a gazillion hp and some decent magic, plus Legionnaires ... seems like more then enough.

Additionally , i dont think she should wait to get her health to half to summon the additional support, although i understand that is done to make it easier for the players.
She is attacked by several people, which is hardly fair, right?
Just a thought.

Last edited by Hiver; 31/05/14 04:38 PM.
Elverils/Larian Studios
Elverils/Larian Studios
Mac answers:

1. Clicking reopen after crash will immediately crash game - thanks to Steam and its DRM. Nothing to do here, sorry. You can't run Steam protected executables on OS X. Only through Steam "Run" button.
2. Illegal buttons [X][X] in hint screen - yep, known, Mac only, will be fixed
3. Candles - damn it we just fixed another candle dragging issue in .80! Prev. one was in Drag&Drop manager. This one is not, so it's different crash. Will pass on to QA.

T
stranger
stranger
T

In the latest beta my rouge has started walking into the middle of boxes with only the top half of the body showing and then getting stuck.

T
stranger
stranger
T

In the latest beta my magic users were able to hit a skeleton standing in front of them with their staffs but when they tried to use telleport on it they got "target out of sight" and could not cast.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Don't know if its a bug or a deliberate change, in latest beta I read the diary from the dead flyer on the beach and it does not trigger a conversation between my characters.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by tom8a
Don't know if its a bug or a deliberate change, in latest beta I read the diary from the dead flyer on the beach and it does not trigger a conversation between my characters.

I had the normal conversation between my characters at that point. It sounds like a bug caused yours not to trigger. You said you read it, but (just to be certain) did you actually use the book or just pick it up?

veteran
veteran

In the latest beta my rouge has started walking into the middle of boxes with only the top half of the body showing and then getting stuck.

I had this happen to me in the Hidden Hatch house. I clicked on a crate in the corner and walked into it, I had to move the crates to get out.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Re - book on beach.

Yes I definitely read it. In fact I got each character to read it. But no conversation started.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Stabbey

I had this happen to me in the Hidden Hatch house. I clicked on a crate in the corner and walked into it, I had to move the crates to get out.

Now you mention it. It happened to me on two occasions. Once in the backroom of the black widows shop, and once in the hidden hatch house. Both times it was a crate in the corner with other crates around it.

In the hidden hatch house it was bottom right of room / screen. In the black widows house it was top right of the room / screen, In the corner behind the wash tub.

Last edited by tom8a; 31/05/14 08:48 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Re - book on beach.

Yes I definitely read it. In fact I got each character to read it. But no conversation started.

That definitely seems bugged then.

You know, for a while there my two companions used to have a multiple-choice conversation about the shovel the first time they used it. A patch a two later that vanished. I assumed maybe it was changed to trigger after a couple of shovel-uses (rather than the first one), but now I'm wondering if it's just bugged too.

old hand
old hand
Not a bug specifically, but more of a unfinished feature:

New rooms in homestead open without me actually needing to take the star stone there or to give it to Zixzax. I dont even have to have it with me when i travel there.
I left Evelyns on the floor at the doctors, yet i got the room all the same.
I had unused one from BC in the inventory, used it - it dropped out of the inventory on the ground - and i got a prompt that i got a new room.
I could travel, go into my new room, while the stone was still on the ground in Cysael.

There should be a requirement to actually pick them up and maybe give them to Zixzax?

I still cant even mention that i saw a freaky green looking woman or a huge demon to Zixzax right after i return from those rooms.

He talks about Astarte only when the next room is opened. And then i cannot mention the demon to him.

He doesnt need to have explanations for those right away, but i should be able to mention them.

All edible items cost much more APs to use in combat then their description says.

Almsot none cost 3 APs and cost even changes through the battle - regardless of any status effects i have btw - middle healing potions cost 3 APs as advertized in one situation, then on reload they cost 4 or 5, while all other food costs 5 or 6 and even 7 APs to use.

(that was all noticed during the fight with the Sparkmaster 5000)

my characters sometimes heal from enemy hits.

I have no idea how or why. it happens in seemingly random moments, sometimes from weapon hits, sometimes from any "hand" attacks. I was just fighting a fire demon at the statues nand after several turns, in one - his hits healed my character - no i did not have fire resistance up to 100.

It happens from ordinary weapons and other enemies too, usually only during one turn, then it becomes normal damage.

Ive seen atleast one instance where i was damaged and then healed by the same hit.

journeyman
journeyman
Yesterday I just found an odd ball bug...

One of my characters is a fighter wearing plate armor and when she goes digging for something and when she uses the shovel she strips down to her undies and begins to dig...

When she finishes digging you need to re-equip her armor afterwords... >.<;;

It turns out that the bug is repeatable on plate armor and the bug will not work on characters wearing leather armor...

old hand
old hand
I have to correct myself on some things i wrote above.

The edible items only display the wrong AP cost, in the Ap bar, where too much APs turn red - but when you use any of them they all actually cost 3 APs. As they should, according to their descriptions.

correction on the previous spoilery "problem":

Evelyn does summon her support earlier. In previous version it was about half her health... but now she doesnt wait that long at all. Which is good. Great. telepathy?

But, i did fight her now and managed to get her to very low health, about 10-15% (maybe 20%), while she was frozen and then stunned all that time. I tried just clicking turns and not attacking her anymore after that, to see if she would call reinforcements but, she didnt no matter how long i waited. She just casts some ordinary spells at my characters and nothing else, for many turns.

So... maybe the "problem" is reversed now? :P

I tried that only once, though. After that i tried again, avoiding to get her stunned or frozen and she called her goons very soon, almost at the very start.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Hiver
I have to correct myself on some things i wrote above.

The edible items only display the wrong AP cost, in the Ap bar, where too much APs turn red - but when you use any of them they all actually cost 3 APs. As they should, according to their descriptions.

I know what's causing that: It's showing the AP costs for the things on a different skill bar, instead of the current skill bar. My wayfarer put some arrows on her Skillbar 3, but when mousing over the arrows, the AP gauge displayed the AP cost for the skills on Skillbar 1.

old hand
old hand
ahhhaa... interesting. Good perception reveal Stabbey.

That was the case with skills window in previous version but thats fixed now.
Ok so, that should be a relatively easy to fix little glitch.

apprentice
apprentice
I realize this isn't .80, but this bug has existed since the alpha. I was going to post it in the previous bug list, but I didn't have enough time. If it has been fixed in .80, then I guess it can be ignored.

Floating Light on Roderick's head. He's wearing a red hood. The light is floating mid air.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by zenkimoto; 01/06/14 06:41 PM. Reason: More Detailed Description
W
stranger
stranger
W

K
stranger
stranger
K
When I reached level 5 I could only upgrade sttributes - running with 2 battlemages - Is this a bug or a new upgrade schema?

My lead frequently gets stuck in barrels into which she has stuck her nose - the teleport gets her out.

10 out of 10 for all the hard work - its been a while since I played & the difference is enormouse

journeyman
journeyman
I've encountered what I think is a bug and pretty serious in terms of how I can progress in the game. In previous versions I've been able to use the blue pyramid to break into Evelyn's house and advance the story. In the latest version I now get "path blocked" when I attempt to do this.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/561009230880526170/A1322E82431BC9B24541216E9C2DBFBE63A95B1E/

Is this a bug or am I supposed to use another method to get into her house? I've included a screenshot above.

Last edited by Tombeatster; 01/06/14 11:40 PM.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard