Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#498594 07/06/14 09:43 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
As most already know, he got really sick and is still recovering form his illness. This has left Larian to use older tracks and some unreleased tracks to fill in the gaps.

If it is possible, I'd still like to hear his completed works that he planned on doing for the game even if they are to be released several months from now. His music I've found to be very inspiring and often "plays in my head" as a lot of it is very memorable.

An example is today I've gotten done a long and brutal foot race on a trail. This distance was about 12 miles with plenty of hills (like 3k+ foot elevation gain in total). Oddly enough a lot of the music that plays in my head has come from this composer. I don't run with head phones, especially on trail, because that is pretty much suicidal. I've finished as one of the top males in the race to the tune of quite a few of his tracks.

His music is more then just a game soundtrack for me and I'd still like to hear his completed works. It is always tragic when a music composer (or video game developer) cannot finish their compositions.

Get well soon Kirill! Looking forward to hearing your music in the future! smile

Last edited by LightningLockey; 07/06/14 09:45 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
I agree, and I hope that if he recovers, he'll be able to finish recording the pieces he intended to, even if they arrive to the game and OST months late.

addict
addict
I hope he makes a full recovery soon and before you know it Larian will likely need him for their next major game. For now though I think that we won't know what to do with 130+ songs. It'll take me a while to listen to all of it. For now I just hope Original Sin has an incredibly successful release.

addict
addict
well perhaps Larian could use them in a futur game laugh

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I just listened to this track and it's bloody amazing. Sorry to hear he's not well. I hope he recovers. Kirill has some of the most original music I've heard in the game industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHBEr7SFD7k

Last edited by slimgrin; 09/06/14 06:11 AM.
addict
addict
Damn, the bots are running loose on this site. Can Larian please implement more "prove you're a human" tests during user registration or something? There's a few bots popping on here every day now.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You're calling me a bot? All I did was link Kirill's music from youtube...

Support
Support

No, I deleted the post he was referring to.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Yeah, get well, Kirill. Especially after they announced the hundreds of music tracks, this sounds like an honorable injury.

Link Copied to Clipboard