Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi all,

So apparently my issues are a little special. After having described it, another player on global chat in-game encouraged me to post it.

The game's completely playable, and pretty smooth. But whenever I start the game, the main screen looks like this:

Main Menu

Not a huge issue. Everything can be navigated fine.

Later, when the homestead became available to me, that's when I encountered something bizarre. It made it extremely difficult to go through this area. Take a look below:

Homestead (End of Time)

My exploration of this place consisted of blindly running around until I ran into a wall. There was also lots of waving my cursor around wildly to see if I could highlight something I could interact with (characters, vases, etc). This was excruciating.

Take a look at my Hall of Heroes:

Hall of Heroes

Every so often, I'll see some foliage clip in. Take a few more steps, and the trees disappear entirely. I gather this is some sort of massive dining hall--but as you can see, I really can't be sure! Every section of my homestead is like this.

I don't get it--I've noticed no other visual glitches.

Otherwise...I think the beta's lots of fun so far, and am really enjoying it! But what the heck is going on?

Last edited by cilantroll; 11/06/14 09:48 PM.
Support
Support

A couple people have reported similar problems.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool. The report will contain some system information, which will hopefully help Larian fix the problem. It will also contain your saves, which are not directly relevant in this case, so you can delete most of them to reduce the file size (couldn't hurt to leave a save in the End of Time).

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Just writing to share that this was solved!

Looking at the "technical issues" thread by Larian QA, I saw the below:

Problem 4:
Strange graphical artifacts in game and very low fps

Solution
Go to your driver settings (nvidia or AMD) and reset 3d application settings to default. Forcing Anti-aliasing via drivers causes several graphics issues.

This did the trick. smile Main menu is fine, and wowza--the End of Time location is beautiful!! Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard