Print Thread
I
Indik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Good day to everybody!

I`m a KS backer and since the release is coming soon, I`m trying to decide which version of D:OS should I claim after it. There are a lot of discussions on steam vs GOG topic, but they mostly contain argues about DRM and not the game features themselves. I couldn`t find any info about things like global chat, opening your game to public etc. with GOG/Larian vault version.

So here are few questions about GOG/Larian vault D:OS:
Would I be limited to connecting by IP/by LAN?
Will there be a global chat without Steam? What about partying with some random guys?

It would be nice if anybody shares some info.
Maybe Larian should make a FAQ? think

enthusiast
enthusiast
I asked that question a long time ago, and still have no answer. Possibly the team at Larian doesn't know either. Mulitplayer in LAN and over IP should be possible, but I have no idea regarding global chat, global community, joining 'random' people.

And then there's the announcdement of gog galaxy, which could make all features that exist in Steam available on gog as well, but there's no info on that either. If Larian doesn't know yet, the least they could do is publicly state so .. better than leaving us in the dark and ignoring our questions.

Support
Support

The only confirmed connection methods for the non-Steam versions are LAN and direct IP. During the GOG Summer Conference Swen tweeted "Make sure you pay attention to @GOGcom Galaxy!" and a link to GOG's Twitch.tv page, so that suggests maybe the plan is to eventually support that.

The global chat is not dependant on Steam at all. A couple weeks ago Larian was considering what they were going to do about the chat, since if it is kept for the release version, they will need to set up additional servers.

There will be some kind of lobby list but no details have been announced (like whether or not it will use Steamworks). Larian did say in the D:OS chat a few weeks ago that they had some very big news related to the lobby list that they couldn't talk about.

Presumably an announcement of at least some of this is coming soon, before the deadline for choosing where kickstarter backers want their digital version(s).

I
Indik Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Thanks for detailed replies!
It seems we are limited to waiting and hoping for announcement.. Hope it`ll come before the release, not after.

Link Copied to Clipboard