Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Eggnog Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Now that I'm out of town and running around a bit, I've discovered it's not too difficult to run into packs a level or more above you. Sometimes I'm not sure if there are more of them in a pack, or if I occasionally have the misfortune of placing myself in between two packs. Either way, if you take a moment, plan your strategy and use your skills wisely, you can take them down.

I love having to think my way through the fights - figuring out which bad guys are positioned where, and what they do - who's standing in something I can use to my advantage right away - checking if there is a barrel or some other environmental object I can exploit to my advantage - or lamenting that one of my wizards is behind a column when the fight starts so I have to use coveted action point to move her, or launch my spider somewhere inconvenient.

This is much, much more rewarding than mindlessly twitch gaming with hacking-and-slashing in real time. I use Grim Dawn alpha to scratch that occasional hack-and-slash for loot itch. I'm afraid I will lose myself for hours upon hours when this finally releases in all its glory.

Being able to plan fights is a definite win in this game.

Planting barrels and clouds for explosions, making it rain so the enemy conducts electricity etc. It's all great, on top of carrying a bow on a rogue just to shoot a fire arrow at an oil barrel and take out 3 guys before the first turn occurs!

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I played through the game on normal and found it decently challenging; will wait for release and try it on Hard - I love having to think through fights too and the way you can interact with the environment makes the game so diverse. I've won many fights by carrying several barrels nearby ready to teleport or drag mobs back into a trap.

I can't wait to play the full game!

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Boooster
I played through the game on normal and found it decently challenging; will wait for release and try it on Hard - I love having to think through fights too and the way you can interact with the environment makes the game so diverse. I've won many fights by carrying several barrels nearby ready to teleport or drag mobs back into a trap.

I can't wait to play the full game!

This and dropping them on mobs..I have to agree with the OP.

Click to reveal..

Link Copied to Clipboard