Print Thread
#499957 19/06/14 04:23 PM
M
macman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
ya hi larian studios. I used vacation time from work for June 20th-30 so that i could actually have time to play the game on the day you said it would be coming out. We have to set up vacation time early so i couldn't switch it when you announced yet again another delay. So I would like a refund of the money i paid for your game since I'm sure you will delay it again and I wasted my vacation time. If i do get the refund from steam who knows maybe i will buy your game when it actually gets released in 2015 since you guys just pick random days then change them. What was the originally release 2013 I think? Anyway companies like yours shouldn't set dates when your not ready just so you can get pre orders or early access buyers its wrong

veteran
veteran
I think the release date on the 30th is pretty set in stone at this point.

addict
addict
the 30th is a fixed date, the delay was due to late addition to the game but the collector boxes were already manufactured (watch today's update)

"-Oh that's fullmoon, cuttie cuttie sheep
-baaaaaaOOOOORGH"
***Sprotch***

Weresheeps will rule the world (At least one night every 29 days)
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by macman
ya hi larian studios. I used vacation time from work for June 20th-30 so that i could actually have time to play the game on the day you said it would be coming out. We have to set up vacation time early so i couldn't switch it when you announced yet again another delay. So I would like a refund of the money i paid for your game since I'm sure you will delay it again and I wasted my vacation time. If i do get the refund from steam who knows maybe i will buy your game when it actually gets released in 2015 since you guys just pick random days then change them. What was the originally release 2013 I think? Anyway companies like yours shouldn't set dates when your not ready just so you can get pre orders or early access buyers its wrong

I would use a bigger lure and a bit more shiny. That one just isn't going to get the bites you are looking for.

M
macman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
i don't understand what you mean by bigger lure and more shiny. Everything I said was true I used vacation time to play this since i'm usually busy with work and family stuff and now thats ruined for what? a few more voices that honestly don't matter

addict
addict
Entitled much?

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by macman
i don't understand what you mean by bigger lure and more shiny. Everything I said was true I used vacation time to play this since i'm usually busy with work and family stuff and now thats ruined for what? a few more voices that honestly don't matter

I hear kicking and screaming helps. Maybe froth at the mouth a bit for effect. Don't forget to claim it is your right to have what you want!

enthusiast
enthusiast
The Larian staff members would probably love to take a vacation right about now...

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
old hand
old hand
Welcoem to the forums macman, sorry to hear what has happened to you.

Being in the military, I can easily sympathize what it is like to not have time to do anything. However, from personal experiences with video games, a rule of the thumb has been to take vacation time to play it AFTER a product is out. I've already been burned (like you) on a game that ended up being cancelled. That burning was from buying a Sega Dreamcast to play Castlevania: Resurrection. The benefit of waiting to take vacation after a game comes out is that by the time you play it, most bugs should have already been patched making your precious vacation days more enjoyable! This goes for ANY video game.

If you really and truly want a refund, it is best if you would PM Lynn or Lar. They don't discuss any kind of financial transactions publicly on the forums. It may take them a few days to get back to you as they are pushing 20-hour nights getting the game done. I wouldn't be surprised Swen (Lar) hasn't even gone home to see his family in the past week. As a 12+year customer, I know that at least Lar makes an effort to check private messages and forum posts frequently though this is crunch time now.

In the mean-time, I wish you the most enjoyment from your vacation time. Perhaps you can play another game released in the past that you never got a chance to. For me, there is a whole library of games from the past 10 years that I haven't gotten to including Skyrim.

The original release dates were in Spring of 2013 for Dragon Commander and then late fall in 2013 for Original Sin. Instead, Larian Studios realized the Original Sin environment was massively empty and they would have released a poor game. Last summer they launched a Kickstarter Campaign which proved more successful then they could have dreamed. This is one of the side-effects of that success. As a backer in one of the higher tiers, I'm impressed on the beta so far. Many backers have begged them to take a longer time and release the game. I personally wanted it released in September-October of this year.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 20/06/14 04:38 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
old hand
old hand
If the game is purchased via Steam than I do not think Larian can provide a refund as the publisher (Steam) take their cut and then gives the left over $$ to Larian but do not provide any sort of method to refund/revoke the game.
-
I *think* that if you have not downloaded the game there might be some option but again you woudl have to talk with Steam not larian.
-
Larian does sell their games via their instore Vault and GOG has a stated refund policy but Steam well that is more difficult as they really hate giving refunds.

It's not a noble thing to blame other people for your own mistakes, macman...

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
TIL:

1. don't schedule your vacation around events which are not set in stone.
2. don't pre-purchase anything on Steam. Hell, even Origin has a refund policy for EA titles.

journeyman
journeyman
This seems petty. People need to learn to understand what it means to buy into early game access...Your rights as a consumer are still valid, but if you do not want to be a part of the early games creation process...do not get involved.

I have a family as well, work and children...none of this has any effect on the game, unless you count how much you can play. So do in your life what you please..the game won't be going anywhere. The devs will be there regardless, doing their lives as well (behind the scenes)..

Click to reveal..
D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D

This thread should be closed. It's just silly.

Last edited by dot; 24/06/14 08:15 AM.
A
A
Yeah, pre-orders on steam are already bad, but buying early-access without any intend to use it is a downright dumb move.

If you have any doubt about a purchase use a retailer that has a refund policy. gog.com offers 30-days without even questing your reasons, but even satan himself offers iirc 1-day refunds on origin.

Link Copied to Clipboard