Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LordCrash
It would be the optimal version if we could choose the AI in the character creation screen on our own. On top of skills, traits and appearance we would also give our 2nd character a "character" based on the preferences/character traits we choose for him/her to follow in dialogues.

I hope for "random AI, some predefinied AI sets and "custom AI", set by the players themselves. smile

That would be truly awesome. I know whether this is even possible depends on however they are implementing personalities, but wow I want this so much. Dare I hope for such a thing? I don't see why not.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jito463
You cannot be serious. Conservative as heartless and vindictive? Liberal as altruistic, forgiving and compassionate? You're hanging around the wrong people, pal. That's all I have to say. Overall, I'd say all of your "examples" are carp (and yes, I misspelled that intentionally).

While I agree with you, if you've played Dragon Commander you'd know that Larian's ideas of Conservative/Liberal are generally the opposite of reality. Liberals I know (US) are extremely along the lines of: Romantic, Egotistical, Independent, Renegade,
Bold, Heartless, Vindictive and Materialistic. Now I can almost guarantee you that Larian's version will be the opposite.

I can already tell I'm not going to like this system.

Last edited by LeBurns; 29/06/14 01:00 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Please can we not derail this into politics.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I think this will be one of the most important RPG's of the last 10 years, so if it takes a wee bit longer to "get right", I for one wont complain.

I can understand peoples disappointment at some aspects not being there for launch, that disappointment is only exacerbated by realising how awesome this game is going to be, fueling the desire to play it even more.

I can wait for perfection and its nearly here and that is awesome, thanks Larian smile

old hand
old hand
As many talk about the lack of personalities and such, the one nugget that players and Lar have confirmed with the latest update is the Coop Linking issue. That is a lot bigger to those who play coop (which is a big feature of the game) then even the personalities, abbreviated dungeon levels, day/night and lack of additional companions, possibly all those combined. If this isn't worked out by Monday, this is a realistic show-stopper for Coop.

We had this broken early on, I played through it I had 3 the other player had one, that is all the game would allow then. Not ideal by any stretch, but we made notes for devs.

Then there was a way to get 2 and 2, but you had many issues where things got confused, you had to dlink, kick from group, then go back to the tavern or homestead to relink properly to the 2nd player. This was better but a chore I wouldn't go through with the full game.

Then we had one or two versions were it worked! Ahh... blue skies.

Now reports by players and Lar is the linking isn't working again. I haven't played coop for many versions back, it passed our seal of approval when it all worked and we planned on waiting for release from there. Something went backwards... And if we think COOP is a big feature of this game, we possibly are staring at a bigger issue then the mains one's being discussed.

I'd love to hear if this is planning on being addressed for release or if we should plan on this being patched in soon'ish.

Thanks.

EDIT: Or being forced into Lone Wolfing, forgot we did that... and we had a lot of fun. But is wouldn't be our first choice.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 29/06/14 04:54 PM.
Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Yeah, the problems coming up with co-op controls again this close to launch are discouraging. And while I was willing to say "it's beta" prior to launch, post launch the co-op features need to be working correctly right out the gate or this game is going to get slammed by people on the Steam forums.

Gyson Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Did the option for character respecs ever make it into the game anywhere? This was one of the features advertised during the Kickstarter campaign, but I haven't seen it in the game. To be fair, I haven't been looking since it was beta and I wasn't concerned with needing it back then.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyson
Did the option for character respecs ever make it into the game anywhere? This was one of the features advertised during the Kickstarter campaign, but I haven't seen it in the game. To be fair, I haven't been looking since it was beta and I wasn't concerned with needing it back then.

Can't remember it being in the beta. Maybe it's possible in another room in the Shelter plane we couldn't visit during beta? With the mirror you could only change visual appearance so far...

WOOS
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm bit confused with these personalities options so before I start, because I'm not sure if I understood correctly.

- loyal - Scarlett always agrees
- random - just random
- no AI - I pick up her answers in dialogues

???

addict
addict
Originally Posted by droovihn23
I'm bit confused with these personalities options so before I start, because I'm not sure if I understood correctly.

- loyal - Scarlett always agrees
- random - just random
- no AI - I pick up her answers in dialogues

???

Yep, that's pretty much the gist of it. Actual personalities will come later, with patches; but for launch, that's the long and short of it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
@ droovihn

Exactly!

With loyal the second protagonist will always agree with your decisions. With random, the second protagonist may or may not agree, in a random fashion and not according to any personality or pattern. With no AI you will be required to choose both dialogue options (effectively role-playing both characters).

If you want some interesting disagreements but don't want to roleplay both characters yourself, you may like to set both protagonists to random (in case you are controlling the other charcater at some point).

Further AI personality settings will come soon in future patches.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Don't want to repeat all that was said many posts earlier, but it seems Larian forgot about no-coop players at all frown Along with just huge fun of Divinity series gameplay, relationship between tho heroes supposed to be the most important feature of this game, making it so special in the world of puppet-like cRPG companions...

So now my only possibilities are to talk with myself or wait for this "soon" to happen... It would be nice Larian if you announced what time should we except. Other companions or additional levels, these can wait, but lack of the other AI personalities is a big dissapointment.

Or I set her to random, and give her small charisma, then there still be some fun when she disagrees, but I win the the majority of arguments so it wouldn't ruin the gameplay with some stupid and irrational decisions. Because to wait with starting this game, would be unimaginable torture. wink

But anyway, game is still awesome and hail to the Larian for what they've done so far.

journeyman
journeyman
The missing AI personalities are a show stopper for me. frown

So I'll wait until they're patched it. Hope it doesn't take too long...

Last edited by Morrandir; 01/07/14 12:15 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
True, on the other hand when I was playing Icewind Dale I was always trying to imagine some kind of relationships and dialogues in my party... so... it's time to practice imagination with "no AI" option wink

I hope I won't fall into schizophrenia wink

If only someone from Larian stated what scope of time we're talking about considering these new AI options...

addict
addict
Schizophrenia is fun.

No it's not, stop being stupid!

Oh, you're just saying that. Don't be such a bully.

If you'd listen to me once in a while, I wouldn't have to be so forceful!

*sigh*

journeyman
journeyman
True, on the other hand when I was playing Icewind Dale I was always trying to imagine some kind of relationships and dialogues in my party... so... it's time to practice imagination with "no AI" option wink
Well, I could do this... but that's not why I'm playing RPGs with companions for. wink

If only someone from Larian stated what scope of time we're talking about considering these new AI options...
Indeed!

Last edited by Morrandir; 02/07/14 11:39 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

They probably don't know themselves yet, being too busy responding to release issues and trying to schedule time off for everyone. I reckon they'll need a while for things to settle, so they can plan more pro-actively.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard