Print Thread
#500282 20/06/14 03:25 PM
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello all,

I would like to say that I love your game. I love the turn base stuff, with opportunity attack etc. Everything is cool in the game, but not the following points I will give which I would love to be changed wink

1. I don't like that we start very fast to a Huge town with 259 text to read. I would have prefer initially a small town where I can get used to the game mechanics with small quest one after the other. The game feels too huge initially and there is too much text useless to read from "Citizen" NPC. But SOMETIMES it is useful, so we kind of need to go through them all...

2. In our inventory, there is no way to sort it by Type. I know there is buttons on the left, but a way to sort ALL by Type would be very nice. Right now we have Value, Weight, etc.

3. When we are in a fight with a ranger (or anyone with a range skill), it is possible that we click on a monster to shoot an arrow on it. BUT, if by mistake I move my mouse like 2 pixel on the left, I may then target the ground! And at the same time I would have clicked to take the action. So I loose one PRECIOUS turn by targetting the ground frown. This game need like to ask you to press CTRL or something if you don't target an Ennemy. This is annoying!!!!

4. I understand that the Journal don't give enough details on quest... like only notes and not often indication on the map.... but I can only cry and cry knowing that in the full game I may see 4 or 5 towns with 450 notes in my journal with 65 unfinished quests. No sorting in our Quests log will be a nightmare. When we click on a note, we have no indication on the map where we are suppose to take care of it. I feel like being back at school where I need to remember everything and TOO BAD for you if you forgot. And I know that if I don't play the game for 2 weeks and go back in it, it is possible that I don't remember each NPC name and where they are...

5. The character portraits on the screen on the left never keep the order I gave it when I reload my game.

6. When we have opened the inventory for a character, and then we click on a character portrait on the left; it doesn't change the current opened Inventory. Perhaps I am wrong but this defies logic!

7. Click on every single "Vase" or "Barrel" to see if something is in it is quite a pain. Perhaps the ALT key could indicate the empty one or not.

8. Is it possible to add an option so the ALT key is always pressed? Or always display items on the ground? So we don't need to always think to press on ALT.

Perhaps some stuff I said there is already something that can be done about it. If it is the case, please let me know!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by Etdashou; 20/06/14 04:34 PM.
Support
Support

For miss-clicks in combat (ie when an animation moves an opponent just as you click) it can help to zoom in, aim for the lower part of the body rather than upper, or switch the camera to tactical view (overhead, hotkey b).

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello,

After searching I discovered that removing information to the Quest Log (or I would say map tagging etc.) was intended from you guys.

I understand that this can help give a better feeling of "RPG" to users, but what do you guys have to say to people that cannot play your game a lot and then after a 2 weeks brake decide to go back in their game; but by reading the Journal Log, it is said to bring back an item to someone called "Maximus" (example here...). Do you guys say:

1- Search again everywhere and try to find that "Maximus" again;
2- We have so much nice and detailed Journal Log that this kind of situation where you will be lost by reading the Journal Log won't happen;
3- Live with it.

Thank you for your feedback.

If you accidentally target the ground and your character is starting to move, you can try to interrupt the movement with clicking again. I didn't play the last build, so dunno if this is working now, but you can try it. So you can save some action points.

Regarding quest log: as much as I remember you can make notices on the world map, this could help a lot. By finding important people or locations again.

I hope they add a blank part to the journal where we can write our notices.

Edit: sorry if this info did not help, as I said I didn't play to last build, so no idea if this are working.

Last edited by Endre; 25/06/14 03:59 PM.

We are proud to report that we finished our DOS2 localization project (Hungarian). :'-)
https://warg8.jimdofree.com/
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thanks Endre,

I did find recently by "mistake" that I can click again to cancel my character movement. Thank you for the tip. But for this kind of game, this is not a good way to proceed I think. And also, you loose your PRECIOUS action points anyway.

The problem I have also is that I would move my mouse over a monster, and then this monster would suddenly start to move (like punch in the air for fun animation) - this will make my cursor that was once an attack action suddenly a move action. I think it is unacceptable for this kind of game.

It should really be:
1- Click once to set the action (Move, Attack, etc.), You can then see the path taken, % of attack, etc.
2- And then click again to confirm.
I think that is how it works in the last XCOM and I don't remember being angry at the game because I missclicked something.

Missing an attack or move because of this kind of behavior is pretty unacceptable in this kind of game and it forces me to quick save each 10sec.

I hope to see this kind of option!

Last edited by Etdashou; 25/06/14 05:13 PM.
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Raze

For miss-clicks in combat (ie when an animation moves an opponent just as you click) it can help to zoom in, aim for the lower part of the body rather than upper, or switch the camera to tactical view (overhead, hotkey b).

I tried. It does help but not perfect. But it is sad that we need to do this to prevent missclick frown.

But thank you for the tip.

Last edited by Etdashou; 25/06/14 05:47 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Unlike xcom, D:OS doesn't use a grid or anything alike for combats, making misclicks possible.
Just switch to tactical view whenever you need to be precise and you'll be fine.

E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Glamour
Unlike xcom, D:OS doesn't use a grid or anything alike for combats, making misclicks possible.
Just switch to tactical view whenever you need to be precise and you'll be fine.

I'll definitly give it a better try.

old hand
old hand
I also dont like all that reading. I think it should be removed or made an option i can tick off in main game menu.

And the thought of a journal with even more writing and notes and notes and all those quests and quests not a nary of a quest co0mapss in sight also makes me cry. And cry and cry and cry. And cry.

Which is why i think the devs should do something about it. Because it makes me feel bad. So much i actually cry. Which is important feedback i must give to you.
Because the devs should pay attention to emotional states of their players. Because otherwise it would make me cry.

Which is not good for the game. And the game is then not good.

I also dont like that i have to read all those skills and attributes descriptions and the do all that with those points and skills and stuff. All in writing and text and numbers.
And then i explode while just walking on some beach which is just bad and makes me cry and cry and cry.

I think the game should be more open to its audience and not block them from playing the actual game, instead of all that stuff getting in the way. Like that alt key that makes you think about when to use it. Which is totally illogical! Thats like the writing.

O
stranger
stranger
O
This is the second bullcrap comment of Hiver I read in this forum. While trying to be ubercool cynical and oldschool he almost forgets that this is a beta forum and beta players are supposed to give feedback in this forum. If players find out that chars with black hair have brown hair ingame, thats a bug and its perfectly fine that it gets adressed here. No need to pity anyone.

And regarding this thread, I agree with most of the points the op made. These things make things complicated and complicated doesnt mean the same as difficult to me. so troll elswhere...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Etdashou
Originally Posted by Raze

I tried. It does help but not perfect. But it is sad that we need to do this to prevent missclick frown.

But thank you for the tip.

I believe that is the reason they added the straight top-down toggle. That way it's not a 3d dimensional type of thing going on buy and X/Y thing.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 26/06/14 12:58 AM.
E
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
That was not necessary Hiver.

I played a lot the BETA in the previous days and I must say I can't wait to play the full version. The graphic are very nice and the whole concept is fun to play. I don't really like the minimal information provided on the minimap and in the Journal - but it does give a better feeling when you play. You don't feel like going from Point A to Point B and then C, then D, etc. the whole time. Overall perhaps more information of where is "This guy name" we already saw could help, isntead of manually typing everything.

For the fights, the top-down view definitly helped and thank you for the tip. I prefer however to keep the "3d view" as it gives a nice overview of the fight and the animation - so mixing both in the fight is not optimal but I play with the key 'b', being a quick keyboard shortcut. I don't know if clicking like "XCOM" is impossible to add as an option, but I think it would be great.

Overall small annoyances here and there that sometimes forced me to Quick save very often because losing an attack or moving your character instead of attacking can change the whole fight. But thats it.

I hope you guys will consider some stuff I mentionned and I definitly think you have a great game!

Link Copied to Clipboard