Print Thread
#501025 24/06/14 07:54 AM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hot damn! cheer

The day has arrived for the first shipment of the Divinity Original Sin packages to depart from Belgium.

Just a few questions:

* Any idea on the anticipated ship times?
* Will we receive a tracking number?
* Once package has been received I assume we could install but more than likely will not allow us to play until the 30th? Is that correct?

Thank you Larian!

rhiggins #501035 24/06/14 09:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
I'll try to answer your questions based on my previous experience:

* I think it depends in which country you live^^. So, in the EU I would expect the shipping times to be between 2 and 4 days (I would expect my parcel to be here by the weekend). If you are in the United States, then the shipping times could be longer - when I send a parcel to my friends it usually takes a week and more (also don't forget the customs!)

* I wouldn't expect to get a tracking number - at least I dont recall that people got a tracking number for the Dragon Commander (but don't quote me on this!)

* Yes, you will have to wait until the 30th. The game from the disc needs to be updated from Steam and this update will be avalaible only on the 30th.

rhiggins #501037 24/06/14 09:23 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I sure hope my package doesn't depart from Belgium... wink

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

It is a full moon night and ... bèèè! ... the Weresheep are out...
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by theBlackDragon

It does - I think Swen mentioned this during the last Twitch TV stream.

rhiggins #501040 24/06/14 09:27 AM
Support
Support

FWIW Dragon Commander took 2 weeks to get from Belgium to Canada. With the larger volume D:OS will likely ship faster (biggest blocks first makes packing easier), but it might be a bit optimistic to expect it this week... unless Larian is using a faster shipping method.

Elwyn #501041 24/06/14 09:29 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Elwyn

It does - I think Swen mentioned this during the last Twitch TV stream.

Ah, I missed the Stream. Do they use some shipping partner that first relocates everything to some abroad storehouse or something, because it'd seem rather odd that if the CE's are at Larian's HQ they'd go abroad before being sent back to Belgium.

* as usual this is imho (unless stated otherwise); feel free to disagree, ignore or try to change my mind. Agreeing with me is ofc also allowed, but makes for much worse flamewarsarguments.

rhiggins #501042 24/06/14 09:44 AM
Support
Support

I think Elwyn just missed the fact that you are in Belgium.

Raze #501043 24/06/14 09:49 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

I think Elwyn just missed the fact that you are in Belgium.

Ahh, ok, I thought my joke was obvious, guess not wink

rhiggins #501045 24/06/14 09:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Sorry, guys, but I am little slow today:

@theBlackDragon: Why would you think that the parcels would first go abroad before being sent back to Belgium?

Elwyn #501055 24/06/14 10:04 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

@theBlackDragon: Why would you think that the parcels would first go abroad before being sent back to Belgium?

Because you told me my package would go abroad, even though I live in the same city that Larian's offices are in wink

rhiggins #501057 24/06/14 10:06 AM
Lang leve Gent!

Yeah, and wouldn't it be great if the people who live in Ghent could just pick up their parcel at the office. wink

Join the Weresheep of Original Sin Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/WeresheepOfOriginalSin
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Because you told me my package would go abroad, even though I live in the same city that Larian's offices are in wink

Sorry, I do not mean to bit nitpicky, but I am just curious in which part of my statements you think that I told you that your package would go abroad? hehe

Originially, you wrote that "you sure hope that it doesn't depart from Belgium". To which I replied "it does" because some people on Twitch were wondereing whether it would be shipped from Belgium or from US. So yes, it departs from Belgium because it is shipped from there. Of course, if you are based in Belgium, your parcel will be shipped directly to you without leaving Belgium. So, why would you assume that my reply implies that it would first go abroad before going back to Belgium?

Again, sorry, I am really just curious which point I am missing here hehe

Last edited by Elwyn; 24/06/14 10:22 AM.
rhiggins #501122 24/06/14 03:59 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

wink

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
rhiggins #501126 24/06/14 04:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Yes, sure, I have already understood that this is meant to be some kind of a joke - my problem is however: I do not get the joke! I really still do not understand what is so funny in Black Dragons post and in my reply. So, since obviously everyone is laughing and I seem to be the only dumb person here I really would apreciate if someone would be kind enough to type two lines to explain this to me.

What am I missing? Is it some kind of a subtlety of the English language which I am not getting? (Btw, English is not my first language... so sorry for being so dumb...)

rhiggins #501132 24/06/14 04:40 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Sorry to go all meme on you Elwyn, I meant it in good fun wave

I can't speak for others, but I thought it was just a play on words. I'd be surprised if blackdragon actually thought that you thought the packages would leave Belgium before returning, it's just that what you wrote could be interpreted that way. It sort of read like that even though people would be able to read between the lines and know what you meant. Hence the tongue-in-cheek joke.

p.s. no need for self-deprecation, language is like that sometimes and we all miss seemingly obvious things sometimes. That's just the nature of communication. I was impressed that you simply asked (without any of the forum snark that appears to be de rigueur on the internet) when it wasn't clear, that's the opposite of dumb wink

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
rhiggins #501142 24/06/14 05:25 PM
veteran
veteran
I think we're all going to have to rely on each other posting an update to know when they star arriving (and where).

Gyson #501153 24/06/14 05:42 PM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Gyson
I think we're all going to have to rely on each other posting an update to know when they star arriving (and where).

Agreed. Has any of the other Kickstarter backers received any type of confirmation that the package has been shipped?

rhiggins #501202 24/06/14 09:09 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
The only thing thats been marked as shipped on my profile page is Divinity Anthology, which I ordered and received last year.
I can't wait to receive my signed collectors edition though, the 30th just happens to be my birthday and I'm a pc game collector - got a signed Fallout (1) as well smile

Link Copied to Clipboard