Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#501419 25/06/14 07:48 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Just a laundry list of minor things I've run into with this latest patch and playthrough. Nothing that crashes games or anything, just issues like quest things or glitches. I'll edit to add more here as I run into them:

Quest: Arhu's Failed Experiment
-After defeating the robot and saving the 3 guys in the cave, they return to town. In the journal, the active quest entry says, "perhaps we should see how they're getting on." In town, they are nowhere to be found to complete this.

Quest: Cecil's Mighty Staff
-After killing Dietmar and retrieving the Staff of Pergamon, there is no dialog option to return it to Cecil, the mayor. He will talk about it and give quest details, but cannot acknowledge you retrieved it.

Man-at-Arms Skill: Phoenix Dive
-Despite the fiery visuals, no spot of fire is ever left behind when you teleport away as the skill implies it should.

Forcefield Under the Church
-I'd never retrieved the hexagonal thing to disable this forcefield, but stumbled into this area early. I found you could toss any teleport pyramid through the blue barrier, and just warp past the forcefield.

Vargo the Dog
-I take it he wants me to follow him, but he simply disappeared. Joined me for a fight against a pack of wolves, didn't die, and ran off. I might just be missing him, but I scoured the area thoroughly, and no luck.

Unreadable Parchments
-I've found 3 pieces of parchment that say use or right click to read, but this isn't possible. Could not be double clicked, put into the skill bar to activate, or anything to read. One is found in the cellar of the lighthouse, on the desk with the ghost. Another is in Black Cove, right beside the orc that dies when you approach.

Invisible Trait
-The last trait unique trait I got for my characters was Forgiving-Vindictive. This one made the list large enough that you need to scroll down to see it. But when I do on either character, it flickers, vanishes, and the scroll bar and all the tabs above disappear too (Equipment, Abilities, Talents, Traits). I can still mouse over where they should be. This last bar for Forgiving-Vindictive loses its text too, so it's just a blue or purple bar.

See an image of this here:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018969737/screenshots/?appid=0

Changing Appearance
-After tweaking your appearance in the living area of End of Time, the character model immediately reflects any changes, but not the portrait. If you change the portrait, it only seems to show this after a save or load.

Party Formation, Linking, and Order
-This little detail remains from last patch--saves do not save the order you arrange your characters or followers, the linking (or lack thereof) between them, and the formation always defaults back to the square. Every load links all characters back together, changes the formation, and I dunno how it determines their order.

Victoria is Very, Very Loud
-The orc librarian--strangely, I can see her dialogue in the lighthouse's cellar. You see it when you turn on dialogue in the log window.

Last edited by cilantroll; 26/06/14 07:37 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
For #1:
Actually... he's found in the Prison now guarding the Legion Treasure Room. HINT HINT

Forcefield: Yeah that is pretty bad. You get the the thing to disable the field from Evelyn

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Ahhh, interesting! Thanks. I guess then, my complaint would be that there is very little indication (like none) of where the player might go to speak with them. So not a bug per se, but maybe things could be clearer?

EDIT: Just did it. But there's a minor bug in talking to the guy. First dialogue option is simply, "You"

Last edited by cilantroll; 25/06/14 10:19 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
The unreadable pieces of parchment are the same as blank pieces of paper. Combine them with Pixie Dust, and they become a blank earth scroll, ready for whatever it is that turns blank scrolls into spell scrolls.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually the vault guard's identity is more complicated than that. It depends on two quests: what - or how well - you do, and what order you do them in:
  • the cowardly guards at the lighthouse - if you do this first, and cooperate with them, the male guard ends up on vault guard duty. And you have a friend.
  • the three guards at the mine - if you do this one first, and a specific guard survives (dunno if all three have to survive), he ends up on vault guard duty. And you have a friend.
  • if you do the lighthouse first, but refuse to lie, the cowardly guards run to the lighthouse. If you follow, they run back out, run away, and disappear from the game. Then you can d the mine quest and as noted above.
  • haven't tested this, but presumably if you do the mine quest first and they all die, you should then be able to do the lighthouse quest as noted and get a friend on vault guard duty.
  • if you blow off the lighthouse guards and let all three guards die at the mine, the generic unfriendly vault guard never changes.

And yeah, this is all informal - no log entries or anything. I kind of like that, actually. Feels more like a live world.

Link Copied to Clipboard