Print Thread
#501755 27/06/14 01:43 AM
J
Jjiinx Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Is there ANY way to force Anti Aliasing that isn't SMAA or FXAA, if not then what about Downscaling?

I've tried every known AA compatibility flag to force AA in game and none of them work, then I tried creating custom resolutions and the game doesn't detect them, I also tried editing the config to render at a higher resolution and it still defaults to the desktop resolution.

Jjiinx #501757 27/06/14 02:02 AM
old hand
old hand
I use AA in Sweet FX, perhaps you can try that, it's a 3rd party app.

Jjiinx #501758 27/06/14 02:11 AM
stranger
stranger
I too would love some proper hardware anti-aliasing. Is there no way we can petition to the devs for it to be included post-release?

EDIT: By included I mean the game configured to allow hardware AA, I don't expect anyone to go adding their own hardware AA unless it's easier.

Last edited by Raztaman; 27/06/14 02:24 AM. Reason: no double post
Jjiinx #501807 27/06/14 07:28 AM
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Have you tried using your GFx card controller to over rider the game anti aliasing?

vyper0509 #501808 27/06/14 07:49 AM
J
Jjiinx Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Yeah, I've tried the default AA compatibility flag and all the other available ones and none of them worked

Jjiinx #501824 27/06/14 09:04 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Jjiinx
Is there ANY way to force Anti Aliasing that isn't SMAA or FXAA, if not then what about Downscaling?

I also tried editing the config to render at a higher resolution and it still defaults to the desktop resolution.

GeDoSaTo
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Tool to upscale with DX9 intercept, works with (nearly) all DX9 games. Worth a try wink

But be warned, the GUI likely will become unreadable.

Ps.: If someone figures out how to run REAL AA then please share that info... ^^

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 27/06/14 09:07 AM.
eRe4s3r #502024 27/06/14 07:22 PM
J
Jjiinx Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
J
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r
Originally Posted by Jjiinx

I also tried editing the config to render at a higher resolution and it still defaults to the desktop resolution.

GeDoSaTo
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?tag=gedosato

Tool to upscale with DX9 intercept, works with (nearly) all DX9 games. Worth a try wink

But be warned, the GUI likely will become unreadable.

Ps.: If someone figures out how to run REAL AA then please share that info... ^^

Yeah I've tried GeDoSaTo as well, it seems D:OS won't recognize the higher resolution that GeDoSaTo creates

Jjiinx #503166 30/06/14 02:43 PM
stranger
stranger
As far as I can see, any and all hardware anti-aliasing results in major graphical glitches. For example, the far background in the main menu gets cut out in a weird way. Obviously HW AA is not intended for this game but surely something can be done about that. I don't know any other way of using AA other than downsampling or post process and both are unfavourable when compared to HW AA.

Raztaman #503174 30/06/14 02:50 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raztaman
As far as I can see, any and all hardware anti-aliasing results in major graphical glitches. For example, the far background in the main menu gets cut out in a weird way. Obviously HW AA is not intended for this game but surely something can be done about that. I don't know any other way of using AA other than downsampling or post process and both are unfavourable when compared to HW AA.

I use AA in Sweet FX and it doesn't mess with screen output quality negatively.

stranger
stranger
What on earth is the point when the game already includes SMAA? Not to mention radeonpro is easier for me as an AMD user. I want HARDWARE anti-aliasing, not silly post process AA that just blurs out jaggies...

Link Copied to Clipboard