Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elwyn Offline OP
Moderator Emeritus
OP Offline
Moderator Emeritus
After reading some very negative posts (mostly on Steam forums) from people complaining that Larian had to cut some features for the release (although they will be patched later into the game!), I thought it is about time to thank Larian for all the AMAZING features D:OS has!

A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU, DEAR LARIANS, FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!

We would like to thank you for:

- status effects like drunk, chilled, heated, stunned...
- the witchcraft magic school
- the rogue "class"
- the enabling of the 360 camera angle
- pouches and bags

Last edited by Elwyn; 28/06/14 11:51 AM.
veteran
veteran
Yeah, the game looks really great and there's a lot of exciting stuff in there.

old hand
old hand
I had not played for a patch or two. There is a significant difference in the level of polish. Looking great, and my wishes to you on a very successful release and refreshing holiday break from all the hard work.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
journeyman
journeyman
I also add my call of approval. This is one of the best games I've ever played and its not even out of beta. I can't wait to see the rest of the game. The ride was fun, and still is!

I'm also known as Tovarah.
stranger
stranger
Yes I agree !

I am a veteran of this kind of games, and it seems to be the best of all !!

I hope there will be a lot of other good campaigns !

Merci (yes I am french ! )

mOnocle
veteran
veteran
Shouldn't we wait with the praise until the release version is finally out?

Ah, doesn't matter, I love you, too, Larian! claphands

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Sven and team, I know you're all heads-down trying to get this thing out and we appreciate the hard work. Personally, I'm so glad to finally be playing the type of CRPG I've always wanted: turn-based, co-op, Ultima-style world interaction, and a great modding engine. Fantastic! I supported via Kickstarter and, after playing some of the beta, could not be happier with the results.
You also seem like a great bunch of people. Good luck on your impending launch. smile

veteran
veteran
I came for a good, fun, co-op RPG with turn-based combat - and got that and then some. Thanks for all the hard work and love put into the game. smile I hope it's a huge, well earned success!

old hand
old hand
Bottom line as Swen alluded to, play it and then judge it. It only matters to very unforgiving players if a check-box goes unchecked but everything still is very enjoyable. Now if you don't like it after playing it, you're wrong! lol

All they need to do now is support the game properly after release.

Cromcrom agrees! smile

Last edited by Horrorscope; 28/06/14 05:14 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I'll throw my hat in as well, game looks outstanding and can't wait until full release smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
FANTASTIC idea for a thread!!! claphands

Larian deserves a HUGE CELEBRATION party for this release. If nothing else... for simply going classic-style turn-based cRPG before it was popular again; not to mention their legendary kickstarter campaign; incredible responsiveness to backers (and their feedback) afterwards throughout development and informative, entertaining updates; how about Swen's candour, transparency and genuine care; let's appreciate Larian's decade-long mission to go independent so they could make something like this and potentially something even better one day; so what about all the extra game features and box goodies they selflessly added at the cost of their own bottom-line; pause a while to reflect on all the fun we've had so far (hell, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth already and I haven't even played the game yet) throughout this whole journey; just consider the epicness of the cow simulator modding trailer for a moment; the promise of as much support and additional content as this game's success will merit, and lastly but certainly not the least, their sheer unbridled passion to create a wonderful RPG with a powerful editor for us to enjoy.

Yes, in perspective, complaints about soon-to-be-added content make me laugh out loud in astonished joy.

Bravo Larian, bravo.

*rises to give a standing ovation*

The quality of the game will be judged on its own merits. For now, all I have to say is this...Larian Studios Update Song

thankyou

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
enthusiast
enthusiast
LA-LA-LA-Larian!!! thankyou horsey

Last edited by James 540; 29/06/14 01:53 AM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
journeyman
journeyman
I've had the most fun in years playing this game on co-op and I really look forward to its release. 6/29 is going to be a looooong day.

And while we're thanking people, thanks to all the people on this forum who helped shaped the game up until now. I only found it about two weeks ago so you've all been working hard.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade
And while we're thanking people, thanks to all the people on this forum who helped shaped the game up until now.

Yeah, thanks peeps. Seriously, I'm really grateful that so many people did the whole beta thing so others like me could choose not to. I'm also kind of envious too. Thanks for helping make Original Sin become all it could be hug

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Robcat
FANTASTIC idea for a thread!!! claphands

*cut*

thankyou

Excellent post; not much I can add to that. I had a blast playing the beta co-op with my friends. I hope no one worries too much when tomorrow rolls around and I'm AWOL for a solid week...

old hand
old hand
And don't forget about their toolset. That's awesome and well worth buying the game alone for besides the actual campaign.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I wish Larian the best. I've only backed two KS campaigns and both have been with experienced devs who are breaking away from publishers and establishing their Independence. There's no greater cause to support in this industry. I hope the game turns out great, DD is one of my favorite of all time so it has a lot to live up to. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard