Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
I
stranger
stranger
I
Two days and four emails later and I still can't change the Steam key to a GOG.com key. To be honest I really don't care about having my name in the credits and in-game items, I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME! Also, a little bit of communication from Larian would've gone a long way in mitigating frustration if you ask me.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
GOG should update the game client and then inform you on their website (a "game updated" will appear below your library dropdown menu). Do not know if it will be a delta update or full update of the client. Once they have their galaxy service up and running, updates will be automatic (if you choose to use it).

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Inazuma
Also, a little bit of communication from Larian would've gone a long way in mitigating frustration if you ask me.

Believe me, I want a solution to my issues as quick as anybody, but consider that Larian is in Belgium and they probably only started working for today in the last one or two hours.
I'd expect some update (either infos or patches) in the next couple of hours.

Last edited by El Zoido; 02/07/14 07:42 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
Originally Posted by El Zoido

Believe me, I want a solution to my issues as quick as anybody, but consider that Larian is in Belgium and they probably only started working for today in the last one or two hours. (...)
That's no reason for not giving us an update yesterday (their time-zone).
Many of us still cannot play the game at all because they are not getting keys from Larian.

P
stranger
stranger
P
This was posted on the kickstarter page about an hour ago, I waited if it would be posted officially here on the forum but as that hasn't happened:
-------------------------------------
Larian Studios LLC about 1 hour ago

We definitely haven't forgotten about it and are busy with it. The problem here was that we needed to align three constellations but that's almost done. Everybody who didn't use their Steam key can already get their GOG version, and everybody who used their Steam key can already play via Steam. The only problem left on this front is the transition. But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.

Apparently Larian still hasn't realised that the people who gave away their alpha/beta keys to promote the game cannot play at all. Or maybe they really think "it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days." Which is just unbelievable.

I
stranger
stranger
I
"The only problem left on this front is the transition."
No it's not. I am still unable to exchange my Steam key to a GOG key. And I've heard nothing from support, what about a goddamn automatic email response even. Just so I know whether my questions have been recorded somewhere??

R
stranger
stranger
R
If your DLC is still not working. Go to the "View Downloadable Content" window and look up it's there. If it's registered you should try to deactivate and then reactivate it.

For me the DLC only worked after I did this.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Inazuma
"The only problem left on this front is the transition."
No it's not. I am still unable to exchange my Steam key to a GOG key.

Uh, that's exactly what the "transition" is. Us exchanging Steam keys for GOG flavoured ones wink

stranger
stranger
I'm also having issues with my kickstarter items. My code was accepted, I got the "you rock" thing, but nothing else.
I found the mysterious bottle near the shell, but all it says is: "Thank-you for backing us on KS". I filled all the information required on the Vault, i checked multiple times. I'm really sad about it because I wrote a special message for my son with who I play this game. So is there a way to fix this ? The other items I don't care much, but this message in a bottle thing must be fixed.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Kisi85
So is there a way to fix this ?

I'll check on that, but I would assume the proper message will show up when the rest of the kickstarter rewards are sorted out (like the engraving tool, etc).

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I'll check on that, but I would assume the proper message will show up when the rest of the kickstarter rewards are sorted out (like the engraving tool, etc).

I hope you're right. Thank-you for your reply.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Steam just downloaded a 1.2GB patch for my Divinity: Original Sin and my KickstarterRewards/Manual/DLC whatever is now activated.

I got the "you rock", message in a bottle, zandalor trunks and golden chalice. They just appeared in the inventory of my char when I loaded the last save.

So....golden chalice is just for selling I guess ?
I will hold on to it for now, who knows wink

Last edited by anton_es; 02/07/14 04:11 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by anton_es
So....golden chalice is just for selling I guess ?
I will hold on to it for now, who knows wink

It's for enhancing the value of items you sell.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
The larianvault shows now a "This Steam key can be destroyed" bellow the Steam key and it's followed by a number, but how can I activate on GOG the game since that number doesn't work as a redeem code.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

I wanted to add further information to this Raze. I did find my correct message in the bottle, so my Kickstarter rewards seem to be working correctly (other than I haven't found the engraving tools yet). smile

stranger
stranger
Now the the mysterious numbers are gone also the message that the Steam keys can be destroyed. The way I read it now in my vault is as if I did make a choice for Steam, that is never and will never be the case! I want my GOG keys, I asked for them, I want them. When do get them?

And by the way I don't care about Galaxy or multiplayer so you guys may skip that part.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Your message with numbers disappeared? I still have mine.

And you'll get your keys, the same way as all of us will. Larian is a small team dealing with a shitstorm of bugfixes, localizations etc. and not on just one platform either. I imagine they haven't slept much in the week before release and they're not robots. They're also working on our problem. So relax, take a deep breath and just wait some more. In the best case scenario we'll get patched up game with our GOG keys...

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Piran Jade
But the save games that you make with your Steam version are compatible with the GOG version, so once we're done (which I hope is today), you'll be able to make transition smoothly. We prioritised the people who didn't use their Steam key as we figured that if people were already playing on Steam, it wouldn't be that much of a problem to wait a few more days.

I have specifically not been using my current steam key because there was no way to be sure of this. GOG.com can often be behind multiple patches.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Larian now provided a link to click to destroy the steam.
"I know Larian cannot undo this and I want to destroy this key.. "

Which makes me get this error if I click on it:
---------------
Not Found

The requested URL /ks_destroykeyconfirm.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at www.larianvault.com Port 443
---------------

In short: It doesn't work.

EDIT: IT WORKS NOW! The keys are there! YAY!

Last edited by Piran Jade; 02/07/14 07:14 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, Jade, is it not obvious they're still working on it? laugh Of course it doesn't work! laugh

But it is progress and I can almost smell the in-game pizza dough :3

EDIT: it works now. GO GO GO!!!

Last edited by Wrshp of BAAAH; 02/07/14 06:56 PM.
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard