Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
G
G
Yeah, seems to be a theme that Larian is being blamed for GOG shortcomings.
If you want DRM free etc and use GOG then yes there are some consequences to it.
GOG simply doesn't have as many users as Steam so it's system isn't as agile as steam and things will take a little longer... deal with it, it was your choice to choose GOG and not Larians.
Larian is doing it's best to get everything up and running so if you have to wait a day or two DEAL WITH IT. It's just a day or two... and I understand you all want to play the game etc, but the guys from Larian are already busy enough trying to fix and answer everything.. so take a breath, calm down and give the guys a chance to actually help you before going and flipping them off.

WeresheepVampire of Original Sin
WoOS - https://weresheep.net/doku.php
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Garod
Yeah, seems to be a theme that Larian is being blamed for GOG shortcomings.
If you want DRM free etc and use GOG then yes there are some consequences to it.
GOG simply doesn't have as many users as Steam so it's system isn't as agile as steam and things will take a little longer... deal with it, it was your choice to choose GOG and not Larians.
Larian is doing it's best to get everything up and running so if you have to wait a day or two DEAL WITH IT. It's just a day or two... and I understand you all want to play the game etc, but the guys from Larian are already busy enough trying to fix and answer everything.. so take a breath, calm down and give the guys a chance to actually help you before going and flipping them off.

Thanks for being super productive. Instead of mocking people with legitimate complaints maybe you should just ignore it since it doesn't affect you. Instead of coming here and telling everyone to "deal with it".

Larian made a choice to change the plan last minute with 0 communication until the day of. They deserve criticism on this. It's not an issue of GOGs lack of mobility.

G
G
Originally Posted by SniperHF
[quote=Garod]
Thanks for being super productive. Instead of mocking people with legitimate complaints maybe you should just ignore it since it doesn't affect you. Instead of coming here and telling everyone to "deal with it".

Larian made a choice to change the plan last minute with 0 communication until the day of. They deserve criticism on this. It's not an issue of GOGs lack of mobility.

You're misunderstanding me, I'm not "mocking" people with legitimate complaints, I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.
I'm saying, give Larian some time to fix issues for you which I do think is constructive.
I'm going to give Larian the benefit of the doubt here and say that they also didn't want to change plans on day 0 and would have loved to have a smooth easy roll-out with no issues. I think you can agree with me that Larian didn't change plans on a whim or without the best interest of the community out there.
With the term "deal with it" I'm talking about deal with the amount of time it takes stuff to fix, not that your issues and problems shouldn't be addressed in a timely fashion etc.

Also you keep saying Larian isn't communicating. If you check the kick starter they are communicating which folks have also re-posted here, if you check this thread they have communicated. Lots of folks posted that they have had responses to emails they sent to Larian.
If you are looking for a mass communication then sometimes there isn't something to communicate because things are still developing and everyone's issue can be a little different since the change so there isn't a one answer fits all they can post here, or that answer would simply raise more confusion (i.e. that D:OS will only be available in August where users were confusing Galaxy with D:OS)
Could things have been better... yes definitely... it's also a live and learn situation for Larian.

Last edited by Garod; 03/07/14 06:14 AM.

old hand
old hand
You can now turn your alpha/beta key in a GOG key. If you gave away a key, you can have that destroyed too and ask for a new Steam key. Please do inform the people you originally gave the keys to that their version will stop working. Especially if you sold an alpha/beta key. Please only destroy a key if it's really necessary. If you are happily playing with your Steam key, there is no need to destroy it and ask for a new one. This is just an option for people that played the Alpha on Steam and now want to move to GOG.

Tweeting @forktong
apprentice
apprentice
So was Larian Vault officially removed as an option? When I first made my selection I chose that, but only GOG and Steam have appeared during all the release issues.

My guess is they decided that GOG Galaxy gave anyone on the "no DRM" kick a better option and decided to deprecate the vault. I had picked it first because I wanted Larian to get the lions share of the revenue but GOG is fine by me, Steam too for that matter.

In any case, not a big deal for me but just wondering if I missed a post somewhere.

Originally Posted by bargeral
So was Larian Vault officially removed as an option?
Yes, Sven explains why here.

As for the GOG launch, it seems fair to say both Larian and GOG should have done better. Larian was slow on the keys (and initially messed up on the DVDs before offering a proper DRM-free option) while GOG's decision to limit D:OS to backers only pending their Galaxy launch was daft (and may have lost them as much as 1,000,000€ in sales if Eurogamer's figures are right, assuming GOG could have picked up 20% of them). GOG also had broken download links and a limited range of extras (not even the manual to start with).

However their problems seem to have been fixed - a full range of extras (including the Source Hunter DLC, artbook, design notes and soundtracks) are available (though only to KS backers at the moment) and people who choose GOG won't have to deal with an insecure client connecting to a compromised system, losing paid content due to account suspension or region locking. So no, not everything is greener in Steamland...

I
stranger
stranger
I
I just received the Kickstarter Collector's Box but I seem to miss out the physical artbook I was entitled too!?
Are they not yet available? As there was no note nor letter included in the package with a big thank you, kisses and so on to all Kickstarters + an apology why the artbook is not there yet, I can only guess . . . :-(
Please enlighten me, oh Larian_QA!

addict
addict
There was an update that the artbook was delayed, so they chose to ship them separately instead of delaying the CE boxes any further.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I do NOT have the DLC either and I paid for the $95 tier. Kinda troubling, want to make sure my friend also gets the DLC pack as well. How do we insure we get the DLC? Send our key to you?

D
stranger
stranger
D

I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.

Garod, you misunderstand me. The last comment under spoiler was target to the issue I have - Larian had changed the reward options to steam on 30th of June. I'm not the only one who had GOG listed at both options and got them switched to Steam at launch.
Second - Larian admitted that there were problems with Larian Vault not giving the option for GOG keys and that they fixed it the next day. My Steam key was an indirect result of said problem. Now, when I ask the Developer and Publisher of the product to change the key for other store they tell me - Well, you pulled it you tank it, we can't change it - This is a bad way to treat you customer, not just your backer.

Last edited by Das_qDr; 04/07/14 07:29 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Just received my physical copy of the game but didn't receive my weresheep t-shirt which I had as an addon. I haven't been following which rewards were delayed etc so are t-shirts something that were delayed and will be sent on a later date or has someone already received theirs?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Only things delayed are T-shirts and artbooks, IIRC.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
K
stranger
stranger
K
I still haven't recieved my Kickstarter pet, but apparantly some already have? could someone confirm this?

G
G
Originally Posted by Das_qDr

I'm telling them to take a breather before posting things like "f&#@& Larian" which in my opinion isn't constructive.

Garod, you misunderstand me. The last comment under spoiler was target to the issue I have - Larian had changed the reward options to steam on 30th of June. I'm not the only one who had GOG listed at both options and got them switched to Steam at launch.
Second - Larian admitted that there were problems with Larian Vault not giving the option for GOG keys and that they fixed it the next day. My Steam key was an indirect result of said problem. Now, when I ask the Developer and Publisher of the product to change the key for other store they tell me - Well, you pulled it you tank it, we can't change it - This is a bad way to treat you customer, not just your backer.

Hope the issue does get resolved for you, I think with the destroy key option now available things should be golden for you as well.
As I said in the beginning, I know everyone wants to play very badly right now, but 1-2 days doesn't make this a bad game, doesn't mean Larian is being dishonest or any of a number of comments people have made.
Just give the folks some time to sort through it. It's fine calling attention to an issue or explaining it, but everyone should count to 10 then re-read their post before clicking that submit button.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by kraeh
I still haven't recieved my Kickstarter pet, but apparantly some already have? could someone confirm this?

I got my pet and so did a few others, did you put the kickstarter backer code in your profile and was it accepted? Then you just have to use the summon pet skill from your skill list.

Personally I'm missing the engraving tool and a few digital documents such as the map.

Was the pet only for a certain tier?

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by nstgc
Was the pet only for a certain tier?

yes, I think it was 150$ and up, I put in my code and it says kickstarter backer on the main menu. I even have the DLC, the grail and underpants, but no pet and the message in a bottle also isn't there. I found a mysterious bottle on the beach, but all it says is thank you for backing.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I just have a question about the Kickstarter pet. When i summon him, I can't talk to him or anything. Is he just there to be there?. I mean I can talk to every other animal in the game with pet pal, but i can't talk to my own pet :S.

stranger
stranger
My KS code worked, I got the DLC and I see the pants in my inventory - so far everything is fine. The only thing that seems to be missing is the Engraving Tool. Is this tool still to come? Or is there something wrong with my KS code?

D
stranger
stranger
D
How do you guys get the kickstarter badge ?
I backed, have the same Email address on the forum than my larianvault account, but no kickstarter image in the image group...

OK,just realize the red dragon IS the kickstarter badge. Forget my question hehe

Last edited by DagonsLair; 05/07/14 08:38 AM.

Dagon - webmaster du Dagon's Lair
https://www.dagonslair.com
Le site des jeux de rôles PC
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard