Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#503464 30/06/14 06:05 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks Larian, been looking forward to this for a long time!

Although I have a few of issues... First being neck seams/colours - neck colours don't match most heads and the seams are more visible than they should be as if the head is floating slightly.

Second is the inability to choose facial hair and face paints separately... I mean even Skyrim has better character creation and yet one of this game's features is an in-depth character creation system.

Third is the lack of hardware anti-aliasing. Is there no way to allow hardware forced anti-aliasing without causing all these major graphical glitches? What's the difference between this game and others that makes it so difficult?

Also jet black hair is nowhere near jet black, it's brown and it annoys me that there's only a handful of character images for you to try and match your character with.

Sorry if I seem like I'm being picky but all these issues here affect immersion and customisation, and I think the extra effort would go a long way.

Thanks again guys, I know you need to rest but I just wanted to highlight these problems.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, if someone wants to move it they can feel free. Also others should feel free to assert their post-release issues in this topic.

B
stranger
stranger
B
My issues

Far Out Man talent is not giving me the extra 2m. In beta I'd get 17m spell distance, but the release is only giving me the 15m default.

Also a few annoyances I hoped would be fixed before release but isn't:
- The combat/dialog etc window doesn't stay where I put it. After conversation or reload it moves elsewhere.
- Ambient repetative chatter clutters up the dialog window. I'd think the dialog window would only show important chatter or do so only once.
- I like audible voice has been added, but ambient repetitive chatter is distracting when I'm trying to read conversation text. I'd like it if chatter was sileced when in a dialog.

I hope the Far Out Man talent gets fixed quick. Also, if it does get fixed, am I going to have to restart the game? I don't want to continue playing now if I'll have to restart again.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Yes to the neck seam problem - it looks terrible and needs to be fixed. Also disappointed with the character creation...I can't even give my character black hair which is incredibly lame. The black hair issue has been reported a number of times yet it hasn't been fixed. hopefully they'll get around to it eventually.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I'm consistently crashing to desktop every save / auto save. The game loads back up OK so it is saving, but kinda frustrating!

stranger
stranger
I'd be happy if we can get an option to mute ambient chatter or reduce the volume and frequency while in dialog windows. Speaking to Therylon and having Evelyn repeat herself while a couple guys groan in my ears isn't pleasant.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
BUMP

Link Copied to Clipboard