Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
gbnf Offline OP
OP Offline
Have any kickstarter backers tried the potion, if so do any want to give hints as to what happens?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by gbnf
Have any kickstarter backers tried the potion, if so do any want to give hints as to what happens?

I haven't even found it (nor Zandalor's trunk), even though I activated my backer code.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Then I guess that they are far deeper in the game ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
addict
addict
What he's saying doesn't imply he's found them.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Sydius
Originally Posted by gbnf

I haven't even found it (nor Zandalor's trunk), even though I activated my backer code.

Zandalor's trunks should be automatically equiped if you entered your Kickstarter code. Instead of 2 choices for underwear, you'll have 3 choices, and Zandalor's trunks will be the default choice.

Ke se marei gola
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RiptoR

Zandalor's trunks should be automatically equiped if you entered your Kickstarter code. Instead of 2 choices for underwear, you'll have 3 choices, and Zandalor's trunks will be the default choice.

Yeah, I even selected it at character creation, but so far it does nothing. The thing I want to see is the potion, but I can't find it anywhere...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Are Zandalors trunks colored blueish with yellow stars and number 13?

If it is it would be much easier to spot if the name would say Zandalors rather than Underwear 1.

Last edited by Silencer_pl; 30/06/14 10:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Silencer_pl
Are Zandalors trunks colored blueish with yellow stars and number 13?

If it is it would be much easier to spot if the name would say Zandalors rather than Underwear 1.

Agreed. I was just going to chime in that I also haven't found the trunks, engraving tools, or the KS potion.

Maybe the trunks are those starry ones, and no one's gotten far enough to find the other 2 items? But I thought it was said that any KS supporter who starts the game starts with 1 set of special items in their inventory, and can decide to give it away if they liked.

apprentice
apprentice
Those starry underwear options have been around since beta. So I dunno if that is the supposed Zandalor trunks. I also have been using this for about 2 hrs in game and seen nothing of difference. So I don't think it is those. smirk

H
stranger
stranger
H
Yeah I'm 100% sure that those trunks were unlocked before I was able to enter my valid Kickstarter code unlocking everything.

veteran
veteran
Those undergarments in character creation have nothing to do with Zandalor's trunks, those are just cosmetic variants.

The real trunks are an actual unique item you have to equip in-game.

addict
addict
More specifically a belt-type item.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
journeyman
journeyman
There is a post on the Steam forum that said using the potion unlocks a Steam achievement. Is that all it does? I thought you started with the Kickstarter items? Are you saying we have to find them in the game? I haven't played yet because I want to redeem my Kickstarter key on GOG since I also bought the physical Collectors Edition which comes with two Steam keys.

If you do have to find them and the potion does more than unlock an achievement, just say so, but don't tell me where or what they do (use spoiler tags if you must). If you do have to find them, how does that work in coop if one player has the Kickstarter items and the other one doesn't?

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Afaik you supposed to have the items on your character after starting a new game.
I could enter my KS backer code and it got recognized but the items never spawned in my inventory.
On the steam forums some say it worked for them, some say it didn't.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Same here, i missing all my KS in game rewards...

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problem, either the trunks and potion are further in game or I'm missing my KS in game rewards

apprentice
apprentice
They'll be fixing the Kickstarter key rewards today. Initially they were supposed to be applied to the key, but for some reason they aren't. So they have to put in a workaround today.

Don't worry we'll see our goodies soon. smile

stranger
stranger
missing the items as well even though it said ks code was correct. Maybe get patched in later.

apprentice
apprentice
Trunks are supposed to be in your backpack as you start the game. Looks like there won't be kickstarter potions after all, as all they were supposed to do is add "Kickstarter Edition - you rock!" to the menu, but that was already added by entering the ks code. Unless they think of something else for the potion to do wink

apprentice
apprentice
So--just wondering if this has been addressed today?

I get the thing about the potion (so technically we all have it), but my other KS items are still missing. Anyone else?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard