Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I backed on KS in early 2013 and have been waiting in anticipation ever since. I chose to have my copy delivered via GOG and I sent my friend his via steam. He is now playing happily while I cannot even see the game in my GOG account. I redeemed my code and have the email receipt but I cannot see or download the game in GOG. To say that I am unhappy and p***ed off would be an understatement. Surely after backing the game and waiting in anticipation for its release, it is not unreasonable to expect to be able to actually play it!!!

veteran
veteran
The option to select and redeem GOG keys will be up tomorrow....patience, get some sleep and relax and we'll have the game before you know it.

J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks for the response but where does it state this? With regard to selecting and redeeming gog keys, I have already been able to do this. In my larian vault account my key shows as redeemed. So where is the game? Where in the emails or on Larian Vault did it inform me that I would not be able to play on release with the gog option? I am not trying to be inflammatory in the slightet but believe firmly that fair is fair. I paid my dues and now I want my just rewards. Thanks for the info.

veteran
veteran
They posted a comment in the comment section of today's update stating GOG will be up tomorrow and I'm still lacking the ability to select GOG as an option now....I had GOG selected but that all got screwed up and now it says Steam is selected but that I'll have an option to change it "very soon" and my duo key has no GOG option whatsoever.

There was an announcement. Check the email that is tied to your Kickstarter account.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
stranger
stranger
I sympathize with you jiraiya, as I'm in the very same situation. It appears that either GOG or Larian f'ed up a bit. Fortunately there's other games to be played, and the football world cup match to be watched.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by nstgc
There was an announcement. Check the email that is tied to your Kickstarter account.

Not about the GOG delay though....that is still only a comment in the obscure depths of the comment section on today's updates so those who want GOG still don't know what's what.

Now I'm confused as shit as to why some have to option to select GOG in the Vault while for me it's stuck on Steam land with wild promises of "very soon".

Bloody hell I want to at least select GOG now if only to no longer see that "S" word polluting my reward selection page.

J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Nope sorry guys, maybe some were notified but I most certainly was not. The last email I received was the "and to all a good launch" one in which there was no mention of a delayed launch. My options are all still set and redeemed in my larian vault and I have my gog receipt after I redeemed but no game. Again its really not right in my view. I am a developer myself and I can tell you for certain if I had a planned lauch which has been pushed back for polish a few times and then failed to deliver on launch day, things would not go so well for me.

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
The first sticky thread in this forum has all the up-to-date information on the GOG and other issues.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elwyn
The first sticky thread in this forum has all the up-to-date information on the GOG and other issues.

Not true, it lacks the confirmation the GOG release was pushed to tomorrow. Actually it says nothing at all of the delay.

Last edited by Darth_Trethon; 30/06/14 08:16 PM.
A
veteran
veteran
A
In RPGWAtch I read that it i9s indeed pushed towards tomorrow.

On the other hand : The earlier we get to sleep, the more fresh we are tomorrow for playing ... laugh

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Darth_Trethon
Originally Posted by Elwyn

Not true, it lacks the confirmation the GOG release was pushed to tomorrow. Actually it says nothing at all of the delay.

Yep, sorry, my fault. I was under the impression that it is there - apparently I read too many different Kickstarte/Steam forums/Twitter accounts/ Twitch TV Livestreams today...

E
stranger
stranger
E
still way easier to just pirate games really... i mean fuck this. kickstarter keys not working either. fuck you larian for pushing the release to a later date only to fuck up regardless. if this is how "polished" games look like i will rethink backing future games on ks.

Last edited by eNTi; 30/06/14 08:58 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
I just contacted GOG.com about this, hope to get a clear answer soon. I already managed to redeem a key via the larianvault.com site though. The game doesn't show up yet on the "my account" page, but I have an order confirmation so just referred to that...

Let's hope GOG.com users don't have to wait too long.

stranger
stranger
The GOG version will be available within 30 minutes!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post114

S
stranger
stranger
S
I'm downloading it now. It must be there for some users already. I had to redeem it though the Larian Vault.

Originally Posted by fijau
The GOG version will be available within 30 minutes!

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_divinity_original_sin/post114

This just got more confusing. The first post said that the game was being released Aug 31st, then they say 30 minutes?

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
N
stranger
stranger
N
The game will be available for purchase on Aug 31st for NON backers, but the backers get access now.

Also that link shows that Larian didn't have anything to do with this.

J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
BenV you seem to have went the same path as me, I contacted gog too. Waiting for a response fingers crossed eh!!

Last edited by jiraiya; 30/06/14 09:15 PM.
J
jiraiya Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
OK, I just checked and it's up now in my gog account.

Scratch that the game is on the shelf in gog but clicking on the links gives a 404 page not found error. Losing interest big time now.

Last edited by jiraiya; 30/06/14 09:18 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard