Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#503859 30/06/14 11:31 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hello Larian Studios!! First of all I wish to congratulate you with release of Divinity Original Sin,thanks all of you for creating such masterpices of game art,I hope the sales will be incredible!

But how you could see,there are lot of bad reviews from Russian people,because of absense of Russian localisation,I realy didn`t want such reaction from people,even in my worst nightmares.
I`m not going blame you for that,in fact I really don`t know whose is fault,maybe it yours Larian or 1C`s(our distributor) or both sides partially can be accused.
It is a pity that such reviews negatively affect on your reputation,it`s unthinkable because I saw how much labor and love you put in game.
Don`t get these reviews too serious the game itself is really really good,I`m sure when Russian language will available,many of reviewers will re-write it.
In my honest opinion- I`m ready to wait another couple of months,and I don`t want another scandal about Russian version(do you remember Beyond Divinity?) when my country-mates were spamming there about quality of Russian version of the game
I hope you will manage solve this problem and will go to big holiday which you deserved

Last edited by James 540; 30/06/14 11:32 PM.

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
The problem with people writing bad reviews because of lack of localisation is that they are not writing a review of the game, but a review of the lack of localisation. They have not played the game, so how can they write a review about it.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yeah certainly,but imagine some wanted to buy D;OS and then quickly looking for rewiews and of cource person notices a lot of negative ones-such things decreases Larian reputation,I don`t want this,maybe it`s Larian fault who knows

Experience is a hard master but a good teacher-Proverb of RPG player (c)
old hand
old hand
Clint Eastwood Says: "Then they should have shipped it with Russian Localization". Problems they get to worry about.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It seems to me like Larian weighed up the value of making the game better vs potentially upsetting some people and chose to put the game first, in the hope that people would be generally understanding. I agree with their decision, though I have a lot of patience and would prefer a higher quality game later. I would rather a better game eventually than a lesser game now. I can certainly appreciate people feeling dissapointed and upset though, and can see how they perceive themselves to be slighted. I just think that Larian's focus was actually to make a better game for them.

"Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that" - Leunig
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
...or they could realise the world doesn't revolve around them and learn English like 550 million people did, rather than be upset at the fact the game didn't release in their language. How self-entitled can these people get?

Bit off topic here, but what is it with some of these countries and their unwillingness to adapt? Is it their culture, education, technology, government? It's a vicious circle I've noticed in online games, particularly Russians,they only hang out with each other Russians and kill everyone else resulting in everyone else hating them and fighting back, leading to them being more isolated.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kurochi
...or they could realise the world doesn't revolve around them and learn English like 550 million people did, rather than be upset at the fact the game didn't release in their language. How self-entitled can these people get?

I only speak english (with a little spanish lingo, as Rush would say), but that's over the top. It's not out of line for them to choose to play the game in their native language. It is out of line for some of them to go on a tirade because the translation was delayed, however.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Jito463
I only speak english (with a little spanish lingo, as Rush would say), but that's over the top. It's not out of line for them to choose to play the game in their native language. It is out of line for some of them to go on a tirade because the translation was delayed, however.

I speak 6 languages, perhaps I am too ambitious but I do feel that demanding the game to be released in Russian along with the English release is self-entitlement and arrogance. Maybe I have an old-school view... back in my day things were either in their creator's language or English, you can either adapt or don't play, still holds true for a majority of Japanese games. One thing is for sure, I would never go on a rant about how a Japanese didn't cater for me.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Kurochi
One thing is for sure, I would never go on a rant about how a Japanese didn't cater for me.

Great way to put it. I have never broken down over such a thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard