Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
This vid shows how to do it:

Helps with Turnbased Combat speed as well.

Runs your system a little hotter, hits the FPS a little.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Awesome, thanks. I tried a few different settings and found that, like the guy in the video said, 1.75 or so is perfect.

old hand
old hand
That video makes me cringe. Oh, this hopeless generation. ouch

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Windemere

+1
You know, they are used for CODs and Action RPG only where is everything very fast...
There was one guy who said it's a game breaking bug...

Last edited by madPav3L; 01/07/14 11:14 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Ain't nobody got time to bumble around!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by madPav3L

+1
You know, they are used for CODs and Action RPG only where is everything very fast...
There was one guy who said it's a game breaking bug...

two things - first Thanks TS I hope that this will at least make the game semi-tolerable to play.

Second, the movement speed is absolutely a game breaking bug. Whoever thought that the movement speed was appropriate needs to be banned from game design for life. It is horrifically disrespectful to Larian's customers and demonstrates an utter disregard for people's time.

Movement should not be the primary time-consuming activity. Time is money, and I want to spend my currency on entertaining activities like combat, dialogue and exploration. Assuming the dev's quoted completion time of 60 hours is correct, 45+ of that had to be devoted to crawling about the screen and maybe 15 devoted to actual activity.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Ok, watched the video. I will definitely implement that. I think will go with 3-4x. 2x was tolerable. However, either you sped up the video or something is wrong with my setup as your 1x was probably close to 2 times as fast as my baseline experience.

So for proper context to my statements, imagine if your video was running at half speed. That is what I experience. If that is true, then my bug statement hold technical water in addition to game design.

Last edited by ramses01; 01/07/14 12:23 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
OK - having tried it out 4x is right for movement, but I have to lower it to 2x to interact with moving things, like animals. So it looks like 4x it is for traveling, 2x for interacting.

old hand
old hand
LOL, good luck with traps and finding things with your perception while exploring. *facepalm*

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
R
stranger
stranger
R
LOL, good luck with traps and finding things with your perception while exploring. *facepalm*

Why would this be a problem? Are you cognitively impaired and unable to process data at an acceptable rate?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ramses01
Second, the movement speed is absolutely a game breaking bug. Whoever thought that the movement speed was appropriate needs to be banned from game design for life. It is horrifically disrespectful to Larian's customers and demonstrates an utter disregard for people's time.

Thanks for speaking for me, but I can take it from here. I'm one of Larian's customers and I could not be happier. They made exactly what they promised, getting away from all the modern (and frankly crappy) action RPG Diablo wannabes. This game is about living in a world - not running through it.

Also, generally not a good idea to go nuclear in you accusations for things that are at best mildly annoying - we are talking about a parameter that took you all of a day to find a way around. Good on you, mods and hacks FTW. "horrifically disrespectful" my left foot.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E

Indeed its hopeless, and its getting worse with every year.

A bit more on topic. I really appreciate the slower movement speed. You get to see more of that beautifl enviroment and it really brings me back to the old days of Albion, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate and Icewind Dale.

Divinity Original Sin is in my eyes the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate in modern times (somethign really remarkable and special we have not had the pleasure to experience in a long time)

(I am also waiting for Torment which might be the ultimate successor to my most favourite game.)

Last edited by Eldiora; 01/07/14 02:00 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
To the negative nillies... First I love each and every last one of you.

I've used this for years, if you haven't you aren't speaking with any experience, also I'm far from alone otherwise it wouldn't exist. On top of that my game doesn't affect yours.

It is interesting as some say my 1x looks twice as fast as their base speed, if so something is going on and in that case there could be an issue. So when someone says "this is deplorably slow" perhaps they are witnessing a different experience. Then in that case would you like to see your speed halved?

Come to think of it, I can play this game at 1/2 speed and then look down on you and your fast 1x speed arcade game. smile I would have even a more realistic experience, you try running around all day in armor? Not fun.

The speed doesn't really change the games main points, it just speeds up A to B and rounds in combat playing out faster. Since dialogs stop action and since it is TB, it still is very much the same game. This doesn't turn this into a Diablo clone in any way. I haven't played COD since #2 and rarely play FPS's, so ones cliches are swings and a misses, we sure do assume a lot as a race negatively. It is the same game, I've played beta both ways. I'll even go to say, I'll match anyone's Turn Base Exp for 2013 and 2014, I've played around 8 now, enjoying each one, I'm more slanted as a TB player in general.

So I'm not saying one should or shouldn't use it, it is your option, I'm just putting this out there. I doubt we will see Larian make a change here (I'm not asking either) nor a mod soon'ish that changes game speed. To me in a lot of games travel becomes the time eater. I like this game a bunch, but that said, I'm all for shaving off some hours ultimately as my Steam backlog is not getting any shorter.

As for traps, they still detect and yes you have to be careful, but this isn't uncontrollable. To note this doesn't affect game sounds, they play at normal speeds, dialogs included.

This also works in coop. You just need to have both parties set at the same speed.

This hasn't corrupted a single save (someone mentioned it would elsewhere out of inexperience and negativism) in this game or others for me. Every so often there is a game this doesn't work for, some obscure engine/techniques used.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/07/14 03:07 PM.
old hand
old hand
My comments weren't directed at people who simply want to increase the walking speed a bit, it was more at the level of absurdity spouted by the person in the video. People can absolutely play the game any way they wish, I'm happy they're supporting Larian. People can also use a priceless antique as a coaster for their coffee, but it doesn't mean I won't facepalm and shake my head about it. wink

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
My comments weren't directed at people who simply want to increase the walking speed a bit, it was more at the level of absurdity spouted by the person in the video. People can absolutely play the game any way they wish, I'm happy they're supporting Larian. People can also use a priceless antique as a coaster for their coffee, but it doesn't mean I won't facepalm and shake my head about it. wink

Every joke was Internet Sarcasm, it should have been picked up.

1000's hours, crab walk, Be done before Star Citizen Ships, Master Race, 5x benny hill music, heard it on internet must be true... To me it was obvious. Perhaps the person just likes to have some fun while they do things. Remember you love it when Larian lays down a funny.

ADHD Boy even pokes fun at the person using this.

I know this because I did the movie last night to help some out that disliked the movement speed. Trying to help a brother out. I'll put my positive words I've used to describe this game over the months up against anyone's. All I ever wanted was a PnP exp on the PC, which means TB/Coop, Larian delivered.

Last edited by Horrorscope; 01/07/14 03:16 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by ramses01

Movement should not be the primary time-consuming activity. Time is money, and I want to spend my currency on entertaining activities like combat, dialogue and exploration. Assuming the dev's quoted completion time of 60 hours is correct, 45+ of that had to be devoted to crawling about the screen and maybe 15 devoted to actual activity.

I've no serious qualms with people who want it sped up. I disagree with you, but that's your business. But you are way out of line condemning Larian for their development decision in this matter. "Banned from game design for life"? That's some major hyperbole, right there. They obviously thought this speed was appropriate for the game, and - quite frankly - I agree with them. So don't go trying to shove words in the mouths of the rest of us, because I absolutely do not agree with you.

Stick that in your tailpipe.

Originally Posted by Horrorscope

I caught on to your sarcasm, but I can understand that some people may find it difficult at times.

Last edited by Jito463; 01/07/14 03:22 PM. Reason: Added reply
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by Horrorscope

I caught on to your sarcasm, but I can understand that some people may find it difficult at times.

Yeah it is that printed word deal, hard to tell tone etc.

In real life I have a job and for my hobby it is games and talking games... Not that anyone could know, but I treat forum chat most of the time like two dudes at a bar talking sports. Really not meant to get to heated over, pretty liberal fun loving on my end, but again not that anyone could inherently know. You have to let it roll off ya.

I really don't hate the game speed either and get when people say "it gives it weight", "more realistic", I never argued that, I just personally like to get a little giddy up going.

veteran
veteran
I'm glad there are options out there for people who want to go faster than the designers intended, but the results in that video make me cringe, and even more happy that the developers at Larian chose the more realistic movement speed we currently have in the game. It was literally the first thing my friends and I commented on (in a positive way) after taking our first steps in the game back during the alpha.

Don't get me wrong, I can't move fast enough when I'm running around in a game like Diablo farming for legendary/set drops - but that is because the goal of my gameplay has changed by that point (from "having an adventure" to "generating treasure as fast as possible").

I actually spent half of my D:OS adventure yesterday walking my character instead of running.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I think movement is too slow, but it's not a huge deal. I will use the hack and be happy about it, but I don't think it's game breaking or anything similarly overdramatic. For some that are experiencing super slow movement, it COULD be your system/settings. If you have the graphics settings too high, it can appear as if movement is slow when in reality it's your system not being able to keep up with the graphics. In my experience with this game (through Alpha and Beta, now release), it's a good idea to set the graphics settings one step below what the auto-detect determines. I had performance issues with it set on their recommendation, but bumping it down a notch works great (and I have a very powerful/fast machine).

Question about the hack. Do I need to keep Cheat Engine running in order for it to work? Or does it apply the setting permanently?

Also, a warning...Cheat Engine comes packaged with spyware/adware Conduit, so if you aren't careful and don't uncheck for it, you'll have some fun surprises coming your way.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Gyson, MBrown... true.

This isn't a permanent thing in any way. You run cheatengine in the background. Doesn't matter if you start it before or after starting D:OS. Then simply click the (EOCAPP.EXE) process, check the box, apply. You can also just hand type the speed in the field below the checkbox.

I'll see if I can find a spyware free version and share the link, mine is from years back without any extra poop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard