Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
hi guys.

considering purchasing this game but i cant find any reviews from a known source for this game, is there a reason for that?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by huber
hi guys.

considering purchasing this game but i cant find any reviews from a known source for this game, is there a reason for that?

The game was released just yesterday, the reviewers need some time to play it to make a good review.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by madPav3L
hi guys.

The game was released just yesterday, the reviewers need some time to play it to make a good review.

That's part of the story. But the other part is that this game has a substantial Day 1 patch and didn't have a "gold" period where the game was done and waiting to be distributed in a completed state.

Impossible to have reviews ready on day 1 for a digital release that was finished at the last minute.

Also, the big name sites are probably busy reviewing Call of Duty 15 or Grand Theft Auto 7.

veteran
veteran
because it's too soon, tbh. let them enjoy the game, as I believe they have forgotten how tabletop rpgs feel.

H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
to say "its to soon" is simply not true. most games that get Released will have reviews ready the day of the Release(some of them sooner). the developer usually gives a copy of the game several days before the launch so thy will have time to play it and write and Release a review in the intended Release date. apparently larian studio choose not to do that for some odd reason and its a shame, a good review will go a long way in helping the sales of the game.

here is an example from another "small and unknown" rpg game that had plenty pf reviews on the release day:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/critic-reviews

anybody can disagree that if a game this huge can have reviews ready on Release day there is no excuse for other rgp games not to have them?

Last edited by huber; 01/07/14 03:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
to say "its to soon" is simply not true. most games that get Released will have reviews ready the day of the Release(some of them sooner). the developer usually gives a copy of the game several days before the launch so thy will have time to play it and write and Release a review in the intended Release date. apparently larian studio choose not to do that for some odd reason and its a shame, a good review will go a long way in helping the sales of the game.

here is an example from another "small and unknown" rpg game that had plenty pf reviews on the release day:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/critic-reviews

anybody can disagree that if a game this huge can have reviews ready on Release day there is no excuse for other rgp games not to have them?

Bethesda:
Guys, you must be ready with the game 2 weeks before release. Everything that is not ready will be cut, shipped bugged or we just hire more people to somehow work on it *winks with bills*. Oh, and you get fired if you don't meet the deadline. We are big AAA gamey developer and we can't risk to not having rewiews ready for release day. We need to make all our money in the first two weeks after release to justify marketing costs! We chose the release date because of marketing.

Larian:
Guys, let's pack into this game as much as possible. We want to make the best game possible even if that means that we have to work right until release. There is not point to give out release copies to the press before release because we work on the game intensively until the last day and we continue to work on it after release date. We believe that quality sells in the end and we think that our gamers value our work and dedication more than the availability of (half-assed) reviews. We have a release date because we had make some contracts, but it's not a marketing scheme. Our game speaks for itself and we hope reviewers and customers will understand.

WOOS
Support
Support
apparently larian studio choose not to do that for some odd reason

They were still working on the game. Review codes didn't go out until a day or two before the release. That's on a 50-100 hour RPG, where reviewers will have to play for 20 or more hours to get through the area that was known from the beta.

old hand
old hand
This game was being worked on right up until release. Any review would have been a preview and there are some of those.

veteran
veteran
I hope they are still working NOW on the game.
Not RIGHT now, obviously,but after vacation smile

Last edited by Dark_Ansem; 01/07/14 04:16 PM.
H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
so delay the release a week, give the reviewers time to prepare them. whats the hurry? whats a week in a lifespan of a game development?

and btw - even if thy worked until the last minute of the release, what kind of change that will effect the game so much can you make in one week when it takes 1-2 years to make a game?

i appreciate your comments, but i don't accept them as real reasons - thy are all just things that could have been taking care of easily. no offense meant, just plain truth.

Support
Support

If they could have pushed the release back further, they would have (though not just for reviews). It was already delayed several times.

Some how I can picture the development team slashing their arms and packing cocaine into the wounds in order to finish the game on time, because these guys are that hardcore.

[edit] So be kind to them, they could flip out at any second and start killing people.

Last edited by nstgc; 01/07/14 05:39 PM.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I can give a preview of a review:

IGN:
brilliant, fun, visual stunning rpg experience, etc
No questmarker

4/10
smile

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Knallfix
I can give a preview of a review:

IGN:
brilliant, fun, visual stunning rpg experience, etc
No questmarker

4/10
smile

You joke, but one of the reviews for Divinity 2 was pretty much this.

Divinity 2 had quest markers of a sort while on the other hand, the Mass Effect games didn't have any. Quest markers are just a fall back when people want to bash a game.

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
veteran
veteran
Co-optimus made a pretty good co-op review of D:OS:

http://www.co-optimus.com/review/1379/page/1/divinity-original-sin-co-op-review.html

Co-op score: 4/5
Overall score: 5/5

smile

WOOS
H
huber Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
H
those anyone know if this site is reliable?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1039/view/reviews/load/332/page/1

btw - there was a talk of day one patch in this thread, but i didn't see any patches for this game.

veteran
veteran
those anyone know if this site is reliable?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1039/view/reviews/load/332/page/1

btw - there was a talk of day one patch in this thread, but i didn't see any patches for this game.

There were several updates for D:OS since release...

I think the review is spot on but I can't understand the problems with the camera. Camera works just fine for me.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Co-optimus made a pretty good co-op review of D:OS:

http://www.co-optimus.com/review/1379/page/1/divinity-original-sin-co-op-review.html

Co-op score: 4/5
Overall score: 5/5

smile

thanks for sharing! we need a sticky thread with all the reviews.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard