Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#504983 01/07/14 08:55 PM
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Would appreciate some patch notes for v1.0.41.0?
I know this is not a mmo, but seeing a lot of us play via Steam, a heads up *before* patching would be nice. In fact, exactly because this is not a mmo (& a lot of us play solo + no drm/we can launch the game via the executable bypassing steam altogether), we should be given the option before patching. (Yes, I know I can disable updates via Steam, which I have now done).

My main concern here is savegames breaking, major changes to class balance, etc, which should be our risk & our informed choice to make with an offline game. I personally prefer to read some notes & feedback about updates before taking the plunge. Been burnt too many times with similar games in the past (I'm looking at YOU Blizzard! smile.

I mostly come at night...mostly.
Nostromo #504986 01/07/14 08:58 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I'd say the "savegames breaking" comment is a valid concern, especially with this patch. Since that's exactly what it did to me.

stranger
stranger
You can always check this link

- Fixed: Crashes on saving
- Fixed: Dialogs locking up when talking to certain npcs with two players
- Fixed: Extremely big pool of blood
- Fixed: Cloud artefacts
- Fixed: Crash during unlearning active skills
- Fixed: Steam cloud saving (the Steam from Valve that is, the Steam cloud in game was already working smile )
- Fixed: German and French translation artefacts. You still need to manually activate the subtitles in the options screen. We'll make it automatic on the next update.
- Fixed: Corruption caused by video playback on Mac

For our Kickstarter backers - we've located the reason why you're not getting the DLC and are working on a solution.

Last edited by A600; 01/07/14 09:09 PM.
Nostromo #505000 01/07/14 09:07 PM
C
stranger
stranger
C
Still nothing about the echoing sound effects for some people. Dang. I was really optimistic.

Link Copied to Clipboard