Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hi. I am having issues with getting Linked characters to follow. I deleted off my old beta installation, and my save stuff under Documents\Larian and did a refresh install but same thing. My characters are showing linked however they don't follow each other.

I also get an error The files mod Main and/or it's dependencies are invalid upon loading. Any ideas?

Support
Support

I assume you un-linked / re-linked the portraits?

That error message can also be caused by a missing configuration file. Try starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file by right clicking and running as administrator. Then change some sound or graphics settings, exit and restart.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and renaming the 'Divinity Original Sin' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version).

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Thanks, yes tried un-linking and relinking, also did a complete removal of the game including the Larian folder under Documents and still no luck. Reinstalled fresh and ran direct from the EoCApp with same results. Full admin rights and no go. Guess I will have to report it via the tool. Thanks.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same here - on my laptop I get the same message and same issues. Nothing helps. frown

B
stranger
stranger
B
This is a strange one. I fired a Process Monitor and checked which files Divinity is trying to load. There were many PATH_NOT_FOUND messages and all of them were for files in steamapps folder, which is the default Steam installation folder in Program Files. However my folder was named SteamApps as Steam names it, when you specify a different library location. The problem is that Windows' NTFS is not case-sensitive, so this shouldn't really matter. As strange as it sounded, I still decided to reinstall D:OS in its original location in Program Files (x86)... and voila - the game works and characters follow. smile

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. I also cleaned up the D:OS folder in Documents.

Last edited by Bundyo; 04/07/14 04:33 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I had this problem as well (Purchased through Steam). I had the beta/alpha versions installed before the final release, but my follower stopped following when the final build came out on the release date.

I tried everything I could think of to fix the problem, including re-installing the game completely, but it didn't work. I noticed after I uninstalled the game that there were still game files in the '\Steam\steamapps\common' folder.

I deleted the game folder under the Steamapps folder, then went in to '\My Documents\Larian Studios' and deleted the 'Divinity - Original Sin' folder as well, and finally re-installed the game.

After doing all of this, my characters were following me as they should. I hope this helps anyone else with this problem.

stranger
stranger
I had this problem since updating to 1.0.72, then I fixed it by copying the two .lsx files from another computer, but now the problem is back on the latest patch (1.0.78) and the workaround I had before doesn't work anymore.
The error message doesn't exactly say mod Main, but rather: "The files of mod '' and/or its dependencies ..."
Does anyone have any working workarounds for this? Is there a way to downgrade to the version before 1.0.72 so we can continue playing? (Installed on Steam)

stranger
stranger
I seem to have re-discovered my workaround:
A) Divinity seems to be moving its profile folder. When I first installed it, it created "Larian Studios" directly on C:/. After updating to .72, it correctly created it in the Documents folder. Now, at .78, it creates it in Program Files (x86). Is this intentional?
B) Instead of the modsettings.lsx file, it creates a FOLDER of that name, which is of course empty. Deleting the folder and copying modsettings.lsx fixes the problem, presumably until next update. This is definitely not intentional - should I report it? Where?
Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard