Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm not sure what to call this properly or how to search on it so I apologize if this already covered.

While playing the game you can hold control while hovering over a unit in combat. It pulls up a bunch of stats, all of which have question marks in them for me (that is, no information given, all ???? for answers).

My question is: How do you improve this display? Is it perception -based? Some other skill? I had 6 perception for the first fight (so +1 from base) and I didn't get a scrap of information from the enemies.

stranger
stranger
Hello!

It's not perception, if you hover over perception it will tell you what that does in game.

It's called "Loremaster" it's under Abilities > Craftsmanship.

Hope this helps!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thank you! I thought that was just for identifying items, good to know it has more uses.

The other guy in our co-op party started with one point so I'll ask him if he sees any stats next time we play. If so I think the effect ought to works for the party in co-op, and not just for him. Otherwise maybe it would be cool if the info he saw could be put into chat (say by control-double-clicking the mob) when he wants me to know something.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Level 1 Loremaster lets you know the enemy's current HP. As you level up that skill, you begin to see more details like their AP, max HP, etc. And I like the fact it's only for one person. It leads the players to communicate more and lets them be individual a little more as well. I grabbed Pet Pal and Loremaster for instance, so I'll chat up some animals to help with quests and let my friend know how much HP certain monsters have so he knows what to focus, and at least for the Loremaster part, it means we have to talk about things more. Which I enjoy more than just hitting a button to let him see, or worse, him getting the ability because I grabbed it. It adds flavour and character, for me.

Link Copied to Clipboard