Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
stranger
stranger
The "L" option does not save all tbh. When we use this i get pulle out to make choices. I dont get to see the last piece of text as i am instantly pulled into the dialouge screen. And here is the annoying part: It does not log what my wife said to get me into the screen. I feel i am missing a piece of the dialogue.

So funny to see there are several couples having the same issue!
I actually activated my account just to be able to discuss this issue wink

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
The dialog list in the journal does show partner responses. And the pop up dialog window when the second player must make a choice shows the other players response at the top.

Still would like to see the option to display this more smoothly, but it seems functional as a workaround for now.

Ideally, a screen that looks just like the journal dialog list, but also contains the interactive options so you can do it all from that one screen would be best.

apprentice
apprentice
*ba-bump*

H
stranger
stranger
H
This issue seems to be slipping away. I would urge the developers not to forget to implement a solution to this.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Sloppy work arounds dont make up for the frustration this causes me and my gf when trying to play co-op.

Would be nice to hear some sort of response/status from the devs on the planned solution or improvements they have in mind. Why? Because we want to make sure that their time and effort is being spent on an improvement that will actually IMPROVE this, not just add a new, but different method of frustration.

Plus, as of right now, it seems like all these complaints about it are going unheard by devs.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zewks
Sloppy work arounds dont make up for the frustration this causes me and my gf when trying to play co-op.

Would be nice to hear some sort of response/status from the devs on the planned solution or improvements they have in mind. Why? Because we want to make sure that their time and effort is being spent on an improvement that will actually IMPROVE this, not just add a new, but different method of frustration.

Plus, as of right now, it seems like all these complaints about it are going unheard by devs.

well...i'm sure i read something about this from devs but can't remember where.
anyway the coop major problems are :

1) Nudity bug (friend connects and he can't see armor)
2) Double dialogues must have a sort of visible and not invasive popup for the players who didn't started the dialogue so they can follow the story without the annoying "L" -> "Dialogues" -> "Craziness"
3) Companion changes his hair color when friend connects (yes i put this in the major problems because the game is rpg centered and if someone wanted to hire a gay blonde archer , well , if it turns its hair to dark black , the roleplayer could suffer seizures.)
4) Not very Coop related but Larian please , add a minimal tutorial for crafting/blacksmithing (popup) because new coop players feels a bit confused how to craft (me too) so they wont "cheat" and come here to see the recipe list spoilering all the stuff and playing DOS like Diablo 3 rushing the game for ingredients and blabbering about OP weapons.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Would just like to add my support to getting this issue resolved.

Purchased this game to experience a true role-playing game (not action RPG) in a co-op scenario with the missus. We had every intention to reading all the dialog and really soaking it all up, until..

Well, the fact that half the game experience is currently one person reading and the other person waiting around not know what the fuck is going on - then trying to explain what happened. It is borderline game breaking for us. We're holding off on our first play through until this issue is resolved.

Anyhows, registered with the forum just to post this, hope the devs read it and give it the attention it deserves.

All the best.

Cheers.

E
stranger
stranger
E
+1.

The game is awesome, but it's on hold until this gets fixed.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Onions
Would just like to add my support to getting this issue resolved.

Purchased this game to experience a true role-playing game (not action RPG) in a co-op scenario with the missus. We had every intention to reading all the dialog and really soaking it all up, until..

Well, the fact that half the game experience is currently one person reading and the other person waiting around not know what the fuck is going on - then trying to explain what happened. It is borderline game breaking for us. We're holding off on our first play through until this issue is resolved.

Anyhows, registered with the forum just to post this, hope the devs read it and give it the attention it deserves.

All the best.

Cheers.

When was the last time you tried? With the first official patch it made it now doable for me where I was pretty much in your shoes. The lower right dialog box just displaying dialog is much better, however don't confuse that with me not wanting better. But we can follow along with each conversations. The next minor boo boo is when in coop I have to scroll up to see what the other player did.

I know Swen likes/wants to play games like this with his missus. Did he not try his own game out? It does stick out like a sore thumb, or at least really did prior to the first official patch. I can only think he didn't as if Mama ain't happy, ain't no one.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I hope improvements to co-op dialogue get patched soon when Larian devs get back from vacations. This is an area that has the potential to make a very good game simply great.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Still silence from the devs about this.

If this keeps up, I cant see how they expect people who bought this game for co-op, to spend any money on DLC or sequels. It seemed like the devs were active and on top of issues in the beta.

Very disappointed.

E
stranger
stranger
E
My friend and I are playing another game until it's fixed. We NEED to be able to read each others dialogue in a proper way.

D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Originally Posted by Zewks
Still silence from the devs about this.

If this keeps up, I cant see how they expect people who bought this game for co-op, to spend any money on DLC or sequels. It seemed like the devs were active and on top of issues in the beta.

Very disappointed.

Larian literally just got back from their vacation today. They haven't been responding to anything because they haven't been at work.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Ah, hopefully they are rested and refreshed then, and ready to improve upon this asap :P

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Yeah this issue also killed the coop game with my wife. Still been playing solo when I have a spot of free time, however, so I didn't rage uninstall. I would like to play this one with the wife, though, as it is pretty much the only non-Mario game she has enjoyed. She is still dying to know who killed Jake.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I too hope that they improve the coop-dialogs with the next patch. Thats the only complain i have about the game.

Me and my wife play it in coop and we having a blast, but it was hard to follow the story, even if you can read the dialogs in realtime in the logbook. Thats why we rearrarnged our PCs, so we both could read the dialogs on both monitors.

old hand
old hand
Patch Notes of first official patch:
- Dialog banter filter in the combat log

What this means is they added another filter in the dialog box, this is where all PC to NPC conversation go to. So we no longer have to go into the Logbook to see what our coop partner is doing, it will show in the lower right dialog box. What I do is just un-check all other filters and leave this checked. All conversation in game happens in this box, it is better. Perhaps there is an exception or two. I assume this was their fix. I did mention a bug with it in another thread in terms of chronological order.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
It doesn't seem the best fix.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Made a forum account just so I could respond in this topic: please make co-op dialogue work the way any player would expect!!

Me and a friend are dying to take a week off and play this game in co-op nonstop, but the current state of affairs surrounding dialogue in co-op ruins the immersion. Make both players be in the conversation plix!

Until then we're gonna hold of playing. We've been dying to play non-mmo rpg's together for years: they are very rare. Guess we'll just have to wait for "soon" (tm)!! smile

Last edited by Arrahant; 06/08/14 10:41 AM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
@Arrahant
Its worth the wait! Although iï½´m not the youngest gamer, i never played a non-mmo rpg in coop (i know that this was possible with BG, NWN, but i never tried it). But me and my wife love to play PnP-RPGs and divinitys coop feels like playing PnP. May it be the diskussions about what to do next, how to solve a quest or what action would useful in a though fight....

PS: Sry for my english. Its not my first language

Last edited by Lantros; 06/08/14 11:03 AM.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard