Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Gave out free keys during beta. Wondering if I can get new STEAM keys (it appears that it's just GOG for now so I want to make sure)

stranger
stranger
Pimp - you can't right now but they are working on it. Currently, you can only destroy keys for GOG keys. You will be able to revoke alpha/beta steam keys for another steam key at some point soon hopefully.

stranger
stranger
Also, FYI I'm basing it off this verbiage when you click to destroy your key:

You can destroy an Alpha Steam key if you want to trade it in for a GOG key. If you are really sure, click the link below. Do not click the link if you do not need to destroy the key. We can NOT undo this. Do not click this by accident. There is no way back.

It's possible that it's wrong and you can get another steam key if you do it, if anyone knows..please let us know.

Last edited by Azureblaze; 02/07/14 09:29 PM.
stranger
stranger
Ok, I just tried it because I saw a few people that thought you could.

I can confirm, that after you destroy your key it gives you a drop-down for STEAM OR GOG where you can see your keys displayed, and it DOES give you a different Steam key if you select Steam again!

Woot!

K
stranger
stranger
K
Is this 113% sure?

Support
Support

Yes.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Has anyone seen the game disappear yet from Steam after doing this? Any idea how long it takes?

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Deadfolk
Has anyone seen the game disappear yet from Steam after doing this? Any idea how long it takes?

I don't think it'll disappear if you've used it.

addict
addict
If you destroyed the Steam key, it should eventually be removed from your game list by Valve, once Larian sends the key revocations to them.

Link Copied to Clipboard