Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#506235 03/07/14 12:10 AM
Elsunny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just want to say that this game is awesome. I have been looking forward to it for a long time and the release version is more than I had hoped for!

With that out of the way: I'm completely stuck at the "end fight" against Braccus.

So I enter his chamber (tried luring him away into other places as well, with varying but equally disastrous results), and go through the dialogue.
After that he one-shots pretty much my entire party, and those that are left standing get finished by the Twins and/or the Lighthouse Thing.

There's practically no info on this anywhere, but what I have read it's pretty much "freeze this, freeze that" and "let the fire elemental tank" etc.

So I'm currently level 9 (everyone in my party is) and there are absolutely no more places I can level anymore - I can't even get out of Cyceal without finishing this fight.
I play a fire/earth mage and a fighter, with the usual companions (Jahan and Madora).
Jahan has all the crowd control spells I could find (but no Ice Wall, because I haven't even seen that spell anywhere, ever) and we have enough immune and resist scrolls/potions/spells to inoculate the whole damn world.
I have tried gearing for resistance as much as possible, but that didn't seem to make much difference.

And all that doesn't really do much good anyway when you get one-shot at the start of the fight. Even if I stay alive enough through the first round (a rarity) they pull their one-trick thing time and again, or otherwise just whittle me down with devastating elemental attacks, crippling, stunning and all that fun stuff.

So I'm wondering if I actually have to start the game completely over again, because it requires some set combination of player classes, talents and abilities?
Is there something I have missed? Can I level a bit elsewhere? Is there some required spell/gear/ability (which would suck even more, since there's nothing more to be found or bought anywhere)?

Kindly asking for help, me smile

By the way, trolls that feel the need to validate their toxic existence by stating I need to "play better", "for me it was really easy lol" or "filthy casual I hope you die lol!!1!1" need not apply. "Lower the difficulty" would just be more of the same (and the game itself does a pretty good job of that on its own, anyway).
I don't see becoming more "hardcore" will solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Homo homini lupus est
Elsunny #506249 03/07/14 12:31 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
This fight held me up for a good hour trying to figure out a tactic here.. I only survived with pure dumb luck to be honest.

So you need (imo)

Medium! Potions and healing scrolls for healing on warriors
Rain (cast before the combat begins)
Regeneration
Strong Regeneration
Knock Down Martial skill on both your fighters
Fire Elemental (no way around that, if you don't have it on your mage, scrolls, but I honestly wouldn'd know how to deal with 3 bosses without at least a fire-elemental being able to tank 1 of em)
Ice Elemental (yes, you read right) ;P

As for stuff to kill, the thing you want to kill first is the poison guy to the right, have your warriors (attempt) knock-downs on the skeleton dude and try to somehow stun braccus (though I still can't remember whether it was knock-down or stun or freeze..., SOMETHING stopped Braccus for a while and saved my behind) so you may have to test out to what he's weak. Once poison guy is down, you will notice things become much easier... since without poison clouds, the entire battlefield won't be on fire 99% of the time.

If you die on first attack then move your guys apart (unlink) and hope for the best, (sorry, no idea how else to do that ,p) it was pure luck that I only took 50% damage on that, I cast healing spells with mages and just slugged through

*Remember, time passes during dialog, so your protection and especially rain count down if you are slow*

And here I go and forget the twin fire elemental, try freeze or stun on him.

Basically, for me this battle only was a victory once i used EXCESSIVE attemps at stunning or interrupting these guys. KNock down, ice, electricity, and ice elemental to maintain control, I used ice elemental even more than the fire elemental (obviously that fire elemental is useless against braccus and twin) and again, you need to have some luck...

I haven't yet found a tactic here that would really make me confident though. When 4 bosses come at you things can go wrong very fast.... so yeah wink

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 03/07/14 12:39 AM.
Elsunny #506257 03/07/14 12:41 AM
O
stranger
stranger
O
There's some decent guidance on OP ice wall magic on the Steam forums.

Elsunny #506269 03/07/14 12:51 AM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
I would add the Piercing Ice Shard to the spells that could help, great freezing chances and, as the name suggest, it pierces through the ennemies.

I made the boss with my party as follow (your members should engage the fight far from each other to avoid a total annihilation from the Meteorite skill) :

My Scoundrel (Lone Wolf so maybe you will need 2 members here):
Started on the right side of the room to handle the Poison-ghoul right off the bat

My Wizard:
Engaged the fight, chaining Piercing Ice Shard to hit both the boss and the Fire-mountain thing

Madora :
Started on the left side of the room to tank the Bone-thing through the fight

As stated above : Rain is your friend here. The goal is to kill both the Poison and Fire bosses ASAP and chain on the boss.

Hope that help a little, good luck !

Elsunny #506329 03/07/14 02:07 AM
Elsunny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks everyone!

I finally did it; for me killing the ghoul asap worked, but I still feel there's an awful lot of luck involved.
Oh well, it's done in any case.

By the way, I reckon nobody knows how to open the "chest of the source king" without an unlock scroll yet? Been looking all over the place (both in game and online) but everyone seems stumped.

Thanks again! laugh

Homo homini lupus est
Elsunny #506848 03/07/14 02:05 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J
After trying multiple ways myself, I figured the same thing - take out the easy minions first.

If you move your party into the right wihtout engaging, you can pull the boss from range.

If you do this near the poison guy you can get yourself a round or two without anyone else nearby.

I've also found it extremely helpful to create summons into the other area to slow down the bosses without having to use your control spells.

Elsunny #506977 03/07/14 03:32 PM
old hand
old hand
Ice walls do a wonder for that fight. Braccus was also very susceptible to poison, atleast in the beta. Summons and buffing party members etc, etc...

It is hard the few first times but then you start seeing chinks in their armors.

smile

Elsunny #507439 03/07/14 09:08 PM
T
stranger
stranger
T
One other trick my friend tried was summon a fire elemental in front of the Twin and that will keep him occupied. Since the only damage he does is fire, the fire elemental should be immune and stand there for a good amount of time while you work on the other 3.

Elsunny #508665 04/07/14 08:51 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
It seems you might be massively underleveled. I just finished Freeing the White Witch, and I'm level 11 or so. Not sure how you missed out on so many levels, did you only do the main quest?

Rigaudon #508679 04/07/14 09:03 PM
Elsunny Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Rigaudon
It seems you might be massively underleveled. I just finished Freeing the White Witch, and I'm level 11 or so. Not sure how you missed out on so many levels, did you only do the main quest?

Not really; in fact, my level was as high as it could have been at the time, and there was nowhere else to level, except finishing that quest :P

As for right now: I haven't even freed the witch yet and I'm almost level 13. So I agree that leveling versus content might be a bit off here and there.

Thanks for replying!

Homo homini lupus est

Link Copied to Clipboard