Next Thread
Print Thread
#507923 04/07/14 08:09 AM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
I'm feeling kind of stuck right now. All my four people are lvl 3. I think I've done pretty much everything within the city walls of the first town (opened the grave etc). The most obvious next step is to visit the apprentices hideout on the on the beach to the north west (according to quest log). However, I can't get there with my group, as the group of lvl 6 orcs on the beach will destroy me every time. I can't really find any good place to level up to prepare either. Any suggestions to what to do or where to go?

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
take the Upper West Gate.
You will find Undead Level 3-4

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Yes the west undead are good to go for if you are careful, make sure you have a henchman (or henchwoman) if you are going though.

At first this game confused me! Being 'numbed' by years of World of Warcraft and Diablo I thougt it was going to be all about killing things quickly, how wrong I was!
What I did not realise is how much actual roleplaying there is in the game even early on. This is how roleplaying games should be (if you can even call WOW a 'role-playing' game at all). I think D:OS is about as close to Baldur's Gate and Ultima as I have been in many years of gaming.

I realised after a few days that there is a lot of experience to be earnt from just completing tasks around the village and even just talking to your party members sometimes. For example speaking to the Legion Commander and being asked to explore the murder scene gained me several thousand experience points without fighting a thing! Subsequently, I was 5th level before I explored further afield.

Basically, well worth exploring the town very thoroughly before venturing out.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Just noticed a very similar thread here....

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=507939#Post507939

What he said smile

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Not much help in that link. As mentioned I have four people, and I think I've done pretty much everything within the town walls. There might be some guards in the camp I haven't spoken to, not sure, but pretty much done it all. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't asked to get the two suspects jailed (don't really feel like it at this time). I've been at the north-west gate. The first small group of zombies was no problem, but further away from the town the groups seems to be way larger.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Missed the bit about 4 people sorry.

Hmmm, perhaps the experience is getting spread too thinly across four party members then? Have you travelled to the Homestead place after talking to the Imp fella? Following that quest chain pretty much got me to 5th level with three party members. And have you spoken to the Legion Commander about the Lighthouse and Church, etc? Sorry to state obvious as I know you said you've done almost everything within the walls.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Yes to all. The only thing I can think of is that I might have done some investigations before being told to do so. Might have lost some xp that way maybe. Not sure. I'm not far from lvl 4 though. Guess I'll have to search for easy mob pulls..

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Actually there's a guys out to the right of the west gate somewhere who you can guide back to town for some XP, don't think you have to fight many undead for that one. He stands in a broken down building moaning about the undead!

G
stranger
stranger
G
Ive asked a similiar question, But i also only have 2 companions, I went to add Johan to my party but I cant get both in my party? Its either him or the warrior chick! wth??

Last edited by gvilleuncfan; 04/07/14 12:56 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
If you chose lone wolf for your character s/he can't have companions/henchies

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
And to answer the OP's question, have you dug around the town graveyard? There are a couple of quests there

Link Copied to Clipboard