Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I have a friend that uses the GOG version while I'm using Steam. Our only option to co-op right now is direct connect. This is easy when inviting to an existing game because I can cut and paste my server id from the connection menu in game but that is not available when starting a new game. I would like my partner to be able to create her own character when beginning a new game. How can I do this using direct connect?

Thanks.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
M
stranger
stranger
M
+1, Same problem here. Just getting gray hair over trying to join a game with a friend who uses the GOG version. A dialog to show the Server ID during character creation should be an easy fix, I hope?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Uhm...

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Give them your IP?
I connect to my friend like this over direct connection...

Support
Support

If you have problems connecting by IP address, you may need to set up port forwarding in your router (or try connecting directly to your modems, at least for character creation).
Copied from another topic:
The game's client will try to assign a port in the range 23243-23252, the server in the range 23253-23262. While forwarding these ports on your gateway might help, there is no guarantee the gateway will assign an external port in this range when connecting to our NATPunch server (this is the port that will be assumed to be the external port for all connections).

Hopefully the Server ID will be added to the character creation screen, but until then (or GOG Galaxy is released), the only options are IP address or LAN in combination with VPN software (like Hamachi or Tunngle).

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard