Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Naj Offline
stranger
stranger
N
OP is a scrub tactician.

Lets have a mod that deactivates all NPC abilities to stfu these shitty players.

stranger
stranger
not everything he says is correct, but the fights are very unbalanced at the beginning.
miss,miss, immun, miss,immun, miss,miss...
it is very annoying.

i'm playing now on easy ( normally i'm never playing on easy ), because the combat system sucks.
I don't know when i last saw/played such a unbalanced, class depending game.

but thats the problem if you can create every possible "class".

and everybody who thing this is bullshit. play a poison/bleeding group at the beginning. hf

Edit 110% blind (+10% bonus) misses ...

Last edited by Stalkingwolf; 04/07/14 07:03 PM.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
The difficulty on normal is just right, enjoyed every single hour of my so far 35 hours played. Unfortunately there will always be people buying a game who expect something else than what they're getting, then they'll complain that the product is not the game they expected. That doesn't mean theres anything wrong with the game, only the expectations of the player.
I expected a throwback to oldschool rpg's and thats exactly what I got - Ultima VII vet here smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Tanist
Originally Posted by Jito463
Options -> Game -> Difficulty "Easy"

There you go.

That might hurt his ego. Can't have that in the "Participation Trophy" generation.

I do recall the beta thread on that, one about the name Easy is insulting, don't change anything but just the word to "Casual" I do believe it was.

This is why Pride falls under Deadly Sin.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Zaxth

I expected a throwback to oldschool rpg's and thats exactly what I got - Ultima VII vet here smile

i played/beat Chaos strikes back with one char.
Thats says nothing.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Stalkingwolf
Originally Posted by Zaxth

i played/beat Chaos strikes back with one char.
Thats says nothing.

Well, I beat the original DM as well, but Chaos Strikes back was a step back on many levels, but lets not turn this into an e-peen contest right smile
Besides those games had, apart from being rpg's, nothing in common with D:OS. Ultima VII has.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by Kaelis13
Honestly what were you thinking? The game is not difficult it plain cheats. I have played Baldur's Gate, NWN, and every other game like this and I have yet to see one so poorly done.

The game is not just difficult it cheats, the AI is saving against everything, I am saving against nothing, even leveled, with points in defenses. I am permanently CCed, I am missing attacks with 77% or better chance to hit 75% of the time. r

You can click the ground next to an enemy by MISTAKE so easily its not even funny, your character will walk around wasting movement points. The game is atrocious as it is.

I am going to call off my friends on buying this one. Not sure what happened during development but this is really really terrible.

When you buff up enemy saves....I mean wild hogs....resisting every CC imaginable....mages NEVER getting physically knocked down...when you do this is breaks the game in every believable way. It becomes a point where the abilities and skills DO NOT WORK!!

And it only is a big insult when the AI can pull off every spell with no way to miss or have a failure. This game is downright horrible. I cannot begin to express by frustration and disappointment at this game. Good lord I am going to write steam about this one.

"Skyrim casual plays a cRPG"

Back2Skyrim m8

apprentice
apprentice
I feel this is a classic case of remembering the exceptions. Gambler's fallacy? Maybe not the correct term exactly, but pretty much.

You miss "all the time"--do you really? Or is it because like everyone else, it's easiest and most significant to remember the exceptions? For every time you missed, you probably hit just fine many, many times.

Truly random doesn't mean perfect distribution, but it is commonly mistaken to be so. Instead, there are many clusters of seemingly improbable events.

i'm playing now on easy ( normally i'm never playing on easy ), because the combat system sucks.

and everybody who thing this is bullshit. play a poison/bleeding group at the beginning. hf

And yet, countless players seem to be doing just fine on normal. And it's probably important to remember--110% of something I think means, given no resistances, you will, absolutely without question, apply the status. There's a difference here: it means you don't fumble. When someone has less than 100% success at casting something like Fortify on themselves, you will every so often see, "Fumbled on applying Fortify" or something.

100% means on your end, you will cast it successfully. But why is your blindness being resisted, then? It's like D&D--saving throws. Your foe has Bodybuilding or whatever, that gives him X% to not be affected. That's what you're encountering, failure at the other end. Again, you are guaranteed a successful cast, but you are never guaranteed successful application to another person.

N
stranger
stranger
N
To the OP:

I absolutely adore the game. Easily the best game I've played since Arcanum. It does things that make me smile at least once every 10 minutes or so.

That said, I guess it's to each their own. I'm sorry you can't find a way to enjoy this kind of game, but lucky for you there are tons of action RPGs floating around that will probably be more up your alley.

slç–‚nte

addict
addict
Why do you guy always fell obligated to respond to obvious trolls?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.Just ignore the thread and it will go away.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by dlux

We're masochists.

Oops, I did it again... oops

WOOS
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
This just seems to me like a classic case of QQ Noobism.

Only thing i can prescribe is ignoring it and it will go away.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
not everything he says is correct, but the fights are very unbalanced at the beginning.
it is very annoying.

I miss a bit in the early stages, but not excessive. I haven't played on anything but hard. Judging by my performance on hard, normal seems like it would be easy. /shrug

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by dlux

Trolls are very susceptible to fire. Notice how the OPs thread has burst into flames!

stranger
stranger
I have to agree with the TC. They really overdid it on the difficulty level. Most of the time you face more than 4 enemies who have more AP, more skills and more CC than your party. Skeleton archers are for me the main cause of frustration as they can easily fire off an AoE or a CC shot and then attack normally in the same turn. Certain melee skeletons can move and attack three times, taking off 75% of your party member's health, which is unhealable. If you're lucky, you may CC two enemies in your first turn, but that leaves you with 3 more pounding on you.

I get what Larian was trying to achieve, but they made the game punishing instead of difficult, because enemies apparenlty play by different rules than the player characters.

D
stranger
stranger
D
The game on normal is... just normal, I would even say easy, and with qs available all the time there is no irritation with repeating the combats (Blackguards...). I can't believe all of you are complaining about difficulty. Tank with 2h weapons, archer(archer+water mage(healing)) and fire mage - this trio make the game friendly even for casuals.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
???

I'm deep in Luculla and I have no trouble charming monsters or knocking them down. As for the miss-clicking (which IS a problem), if you suspect that it could happen, use the NPC cards at the top of your screen; problem solved.

stranger
stranger
I think it is a fantastic old school RPG!

Nowadays the most RPGï½´s are designed for a maximum playerbase, with a lot of help functions and simplified skill systems. The motto is "more playing, less thinking".

Playing is not wrong, it is a game. But when there is no challenge because there is nearly nothing you can do wrong, no choices and no necessity to know the gameworld, the foes and the playable and non playable characters it is more like an interactive movie.

So the decision to make the game "oldschool" was absolutely right in my eyes, and a lot of people waited for a game like that, and supported it to reach a final status (I am no backer, so thanks to all the people who spent money for that!).

So to answer the thread question; Goddamn NO! ;-)

veteran
veteran

Check combatlog... notice lvl of "willpower" of target... profit.
It's not that hard a skill to learn people. Not even takes RL-skillpoints wink

stranger
stranger
it is very annoying.

Ever played with 1st level characters in D&D? Now, THAT's a miss-fest.

Problem is, I can't even complain nor defend D:OS, because it's still only available on stinkin' steam... frown

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard