Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Support
Support
Originally Posted by RtM
Do I do this AFTER a crash or at any time?

Any time.

Originally Posted by Sir Weenald
Can't seem to find any Larian local files under My Docs???

It should be '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin'

Have you moved your My Documents folder somewhere other than the default? (different hard drive or NAS) In that case you would also find your profile not being saved when you restart the game, rather than 'just' crashing when trying to save.

R
RtM Offline
R
I feel like this issue is not high up on the to do list.

R
RtM Offline
R
Thanks I will do that right now.

R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by Raze
Originally Posted by RtM
Do I do this AFTER a crash or at any time?

Any time.

Originally Posted by Sir Weenald
Can't seem to find any Larian local files under My Docs???

It should be '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin'

Have you moved your My Documents folder somewhere other than the default? (different hard drive or NAS) In that case you would also find your profile not being saved when you restart the game, rather than 'just' crashing when trying to save.

Im having the same problem. Those files are nowhere to be found where you say they should be.

R
RtM Offline
R
Sigh forget it. The zip file doesnt show up in the folder. Cant find it. I followed the instructions I was given when I did this in Beta and nothing. I give up. Ill just have to hope they get around to fixing this problem soonish.

Support
Support

In Win7 it should be: c:\Users\<UserName>\My Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin

Opening up Windows Explorer, if the Navigation pane is showing, there should be a list of Libraries, the first of which is Documents, which will let you quickly get to My Documents for the current user.

The report.zip should be created in the same folder as the support tool. I saved the program to my desktop, and that's where the report ends up, anyway.

R
RtM Offline
R
That's the key there. To save the program to the desktop. Lol that would save so much time if you would tell others to do that so they won't have to go searching for that report zip. Thanks for the help.

stranger
stranger
Got a reply from support.

Hi,

We are aware of memory issues on 32-bit systems and are still looking into solutions.

Version 1.0.51 should improve this a bit, but not remove the problem entirely.

Please try lowering the graphics settings and shut down any non-essential programs running in the background.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hi all,

I have this issue on my work PC but not my home one and it's defintely got to be something to do with moving the My Docs folder I think. In fact as well as the immediate crash after starting I cannot save my profile at all as Raze mentions above so every time I restart I have to create the profuiel again!

My machine is Windows 7 64 bit.

However, weird thing is, if I change my video settings, the graphicsProfiles file in the Documents\Larian Studios folder immediately updates so the program is well aware of where I moved my 'My Documents' to! (I have mentioned this before on another thread so sorry to repeat myself). Also the playerProfile file updates to whatever profile name I create when starting the game. But it never creates the associated folder for that profile name.

Today I copied the complete Larian Studios folder to the Documents folder from my Dropbox backup. I then kept the Larian Studios folder open on my second screen while the game started up. It did not see the files I had copied there even though I made sure I have full control permission and that I was the owner of the newly copied over Larian Studios folder. I also set the EoCApp.exe file to start as Administrator.

I then created a new profile after restarting the game and called the profile the exact same name as the folder I had copied from Dropbox, as I clicked OK to this the profile folder I had copied from Dropbox disappeared from the Larian Studios folder but a new one was not created!

Sorry if that was a bit complicated, not that easy to explain smile
So, no good news but just though that might save others a little time finding out smile

Last edited by Mrrockitt; 08/07/14 10:30 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Sometimes my Quick saves vanished...

When I go to \Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\[...]\Savegames\
I see directories, but nothing (except Cyseal.lsb and Homestead.lsb) into for QuickSave_1, QuickSave_2, QuickSave_3, QuickSave_4. So the game can't load these files smirk same thing for AutoSave_1 until AutoSave_4 ; Empty directories.

Fortunately, I make backups.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hi,

well, thanks to Raze's suggestion I have now got it working!

I simply created another local profile, linked it to my Steam account and hey presto, it saw my profile and imported saves!
It then crashed when I selected my latest save and no matter what permissions and administrative rights I changed it would not work, tried reducing video and audio quality but no better. However, used the save before that and worked!

So, not perfect but if you wish to play it that badly then creating another profile for the game seems a minor inconvenience to me!
Also, it saved fine on either autosave or my own.

Hope that helps and thanks to all for advice smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
As a work around to the issue of crashing at save and losing profile, etc...it's definitely a network path/permissions issue for me due to the way My Docs location/path is established on the work laptop/network. As a work around, with Windows running, logged in as Administrator, launched Steam, started game (similar work around to those that suggested creating new Windows user/login). No problems with saving game data, profiles, etc.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
no Steam patch/update today I see? Hopefully that means they are working hard on a fix for this issue. Hopefully tomorrow...

X
stranger
stranger
X
let's hope tomoorrow indeed. I'm eager to explore this game lol...

stranger
stranger
Are they addressing the fix for this? I know that they're pretty busy, but it would be nice if they can sort this out as it makes the game unplayable. Ive sent a few emails to supportdos@larian.com along with the diagnostic tool results as well.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Just want to chime in my 2c.

The save crash appears to be caused by my documents not using the default locations. I play at work, and found that when on my domain account that redirects my docs to a sever location. I never get the Larian folder created in to the my documents folder. Causing the save crash\having to recreate a profile every time I launch.

The having my docs redirected only appears to affect this games ability to save as I have plenty of games installed that have no saving issues.

To test it a bit further I created a local user account on my pc and logged into it. I launched the game created a profile started a game and saved on the beach successfully. Exited the game and came back in to find my video settings intact and profile still in place. Checked the my documents which on the local account is in the default windows location and found the Larian folder along with its appropriate contents.

Last edited by caracarn; 09/07/14 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling
stranger
stranger
2 caracarn

People already wrote about it and it is not the main reason. In my case Larian folder is where it should be, and the game saves my profile, but crashes on save or goes into infinite loop.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by caracarn
Just want to chime in my 2c.

The save crash appears to be caused by my documents not using the default locations. I play at work, and found that when on my domain account that redirects my docs to a sever location. I never get the Larian folder created in to the my documents folder. Causing the save crash\having to recreate a profile every time I launch.

The having my docs redirected only appears to affect this games ability to save as I have plenty of games installed that have no saving issues.

To test it a bit further I created a local user account on my pc and logged into it. I launched the game created a profile started a game and saved on the beach successfully. Exited the game and came back in to find my video settings intact and profile still in place. Checked the my documents which on the local account is in the default windows location and found the Larian folder along with its appropriate contents.

I am having this same exact issue. I have even went so far as changing my work's network server based MyDocuments folder, to my local C: drive. It's still crashing to desktop when I save at the beach, even after changing the MyDocuments folder path, rebooting, and re-installing Divinity.

Please fix this soon! None of my other Steam games have this issue.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
same here. I just went through the entire process of creating a new Windows user profile and logging in with that profile. Setting up admin privileges and running as admin and its still crashing and not saving anything.

No patch today? That's two days for a new game with issues. Disappointed.

stranger
stranger
The new patch did something, but has not fixed the issue.

[Linked Image]

It seems the game checks to see if it can access saves right away now, and then errors out with:

Savegame load failed. Error code(s):

Contact Larian Support if this keeps happening.

It keeps happening.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard