Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mazoch Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I seem to be stuck at the ominous black gate in the black cove. I've found and pressed the button behind the picture in the 'office' but the door is still locked. I've also tried the lever in the same room but I wasn't able to spot any effect... the gate is still locked.

Is there something else I need to do to open the gate? If I'm not able to get the door open, does it gate my progress in the game?

I'd appreciate any help.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
You'll need a key. You'll get the key from a specific, named skeleton that you probably haven't found yet. Go to the room with a bunch of buttons you can press, and explore. You'll find your way.

Edit: if you don't know what room I'm talking about, then you'd want to go explore that office room with the button that was behind the picture. There's something there you may have missed, also.

Last edited by OneFiercePuppy; 05/07/14 03:48 AM.
M
Mazoch Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Gotcha thanks for the pointer. Much appreciated.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Sooooooo.... I have a similar problem....

Though instead of waiting for my other characters, I moved off the trap, died, and my team mate revived me. Now, theres no picture frame, but theres a button on the floor. I've pulled the lever already in the priates office, I"ve scoured the place for anything, but I haven't found anything.

And the Black gate won't/can't be opened now?! Help???

Last edited by K-Money; 05/07/14 01:09 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by K-Money
Sooooooo.... I have a similar problem....

Though instead of waiting for my other characters, I moved off the trap, died, and my team mate revived me. Now, theres no picture frame, but theres a button on the floor. I've pulled the lever already in the priates office, I"ve scoured the place for anything, but I haven't found anything.

And the Black gate won't/can't be opened now?! Help???

After you pulled the lever in the office the picture on the wall in the office just besides the lever should become interactive/movable. Behind the picture is another button which reveals a trap door. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 01:49 PM.

WOOS
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by LordCrash

After you pulled the lever in the office the picture on the wall in the office just besides the lever should become interactive/movable. Behind the picture is another button which reveals a trap door. wink

Even with unlocking the camera I see no picture near the lever. Nor do I see a fireplace although a friend suggested that the picture was above a fireplace.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by madmarcus
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Even with unlocking the camera I see no picture near the lever. Nor do I see a fireplace although a friend suggested that the picture was above a fireplace.

Here you are smile

[Linked Image]

You can see the trap door that becomes visible by clicking on the button behind the picture on the left side as well. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 05/07/14 05:46 PM.

WOOS
M
stranger
stranger
M
Never did see a painting there but I found the button.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Can someone please point out the location of the button used to disarm the exploding room after you step on the pressure plate? I can't for the life of me find it. Someone mentioned it's under a rug, but I can't find a moveable rug anywhere.

addict
addict
Divinity: Original Sin - Tutorials/Gameplay/Playthrough/Walkthrough/Boss Battles - Cinematics
PLAYLIST - GUIDES and TUTORIALS (Tips and Tricks)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeusrXH_hwph41o65WJLTG_jfDCTtJWpv

A
stranger
stranger
A
That guy never finds the button, he teleports his man out of the room. Not really helpful for me frown

R
stranger
stranger
R
Do you mean the place with all the button that explode and stuff and where you find the General raze Doll? i've clicked ALL the switches and I've killed everything that's there, including Pontius Pirate, but i found no key.
Apart from the ominous black gate which i cannot open and one chest i cant open.
i cant find any key or anything else at all!

nevermind one of my players did have Pontius' key. just NOT my lead character, I never noticed the character with the particular key in their possession has to be the one to try the lock before.

Last edited by ryko; 07/08/14 05:11 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard