Print Thread
A
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A
Hello,

I've got a few pretty basic questions :

nowhere within the handbook or the installation process is *any* hint - not that I'd remember any - that tells me where the Editor files are - and they don't show up in the programs menu, too. Only "Steam" -> "Divinity : Original sin". Shouldn't be there an programs menu entry for the Editor as well ?

Secondly, there is no hint to how i do start the Editor. Is it really an .EXE file I can start ? I almost assume that it is located within the DOS directory - but why are there no programs icons and desktop icons for it ?

That's all I want to know for now. Thank you.

Alrik

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hi Alrik,

In Steam, don't look under 'games' or 'market' but under 'tools', where you should find The Divinity Engine.

A
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
A
Ah, okay, thank you.

Then it isn't locally installed, even when I had bought the game on disc (the Collector's Edition) ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
And where exactly do I find the "tools" item in Steam? I haven't been able to find it.

enthusiast
enthusiast
When starting Steam in online-mode, there are 4 tabs above, choose Library->Tools. There are currently 73 applications to install, one of which is The Divinity Engine. Good Luck!

D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Read the guide on how to get started with the editor. You can find it on Steam -> Community -> Guides.

But be aware, that these are the basic steps - and they are easy. The editor is fairly complex.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Thank you very much!

Link Copied to Clipboard