Next Thread
Print Thread
#509526 05/07/14 06:23 PM
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
This is the first brick wall I've encountered thus far (beyond the horrible pixel-hunting puzzle that preceded it). It's completely hopeless. Doesn't help that my entire party is level 12 (2 levels below the monsters), but what can I do? I've cleared most of the forest, save for the troll cave because I haven't figured out how to pass the blockage.

Anyway, I start the fight, run into the little room, teleport mangoth inside, and position my guys in such a way as to keep a monster at the doorway, preventing the others from getting in. Easier said than done, because they resist almost every CC I throw at them. My melee fighters have less than a 50% chance to hit any of these guys so nuking is impossible.

I'm only playing on normal too. 2 fighters, crossbow ranger and support wizard. They've been tearing things up until now, so I'm really stumped.

Last edited by artemis42; 05/07/14 06:23 PM.
stranger
stranger
I was in much the same position, I cheesed it by blocking off either side with chairs and candles, and also the stairway on one side so the 3 different groups (Mangoth, left demons, right demons) were seperated. When he teleported i ran into the small room and killed him away from the demons, before breaking the barricade on one side(need to telekinesis, as chairs are immune to all damage for some reason) and took the demons out one by one that way.

The boss fights have really been really disappointing to me thus far, with it either being monsters tping out of nowhere or rekilling old bosses, so I feel no shame in cheesing them if i have to.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Were you also level 12? I can't help but feel that I've missed something, but I thought I had been pretty thorough.

stranger
stranger
Yup, after killing Margoth i saved up all my AP to dash back into the room everytime i went out and moved a chair/took a shot or cast a spell. I had three spellcasters though, so i was casting boulderbash/small fireball/blitz bolt and ice shard regularly and doing a good 300 damage each turn to a demon.

It took me a really long time to do it this way. Once i was down to two demons i charged my 2h warrior out and stomped on the fiery demon with the rest supporting her and drawing a bit of aggro from the other.

Make sure you are regularly healing, if you have the companion mage just keep spamming healing whenever he has a bit of spare AP on whoevers most likely to take damage next.

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Derry
Yup, after killing Margoth i saved up all my AP to dash back into the room everytime i went out and moved a chair/took a shot or cast a spell. I had three spellcasters though, so i was casting boulderbash/small fireball/blitz bolt and ice shard regularly and doing a good 300 damage each turn to a demon.

It took me a really long time to do it this way. Once i was down to two demons i charged my 2h warrior out and stomped on the fiery demon with the rest supporting her and drawing a bit of aggro from the other.

Make sure you are regularly healing, if you have the companion mage just keep spamming healing whenever he has a bit of spare AP on whoevers most likely to take damage next.

It turns out I missed the item that allows me to lower the force field around the witch's cabin. I always assumed the item was to be found later.

This game needs a better fog of war system so you can clearly see exactly what you have cleared.

Link Copied to Clipboard