Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
In the beta it was in Arhu's lab but I can't find it for love nor money now and I can't get past him without it.

Midget Soothsayer robs Bank! Small Medium at Large!
veteran
veteran
Still there...

C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
No it isn't. At least in my game. I just spent the last half hour in the lab combing over it and it is not there. Like sighsville, Scooby. Is there a console and command I can use to load it up? Is it possible to beat the Sparkmaster without it? If not I'm screwed and I won't be a very happy camper that.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Have you tried talking to Arhu about the robot? I brought it up in conversation with him and he gave me the controller.

C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
I don't seem to have the option. So something is missing/borked here.

apprentice
apprentice
The Fabulous Five guy in front of the Crab Inn gives you a mission to get rid of Arhu's robot. After I did that I then went to Arhu and talked to him about his robot and he gave me the controller.

C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C
That may be it because I declined to join the FF. If that's the case Larian needs to fix that.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Why does Larian need to fix it? There's a clear way to get the controller, even if it's one you don't want to take.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Steerpike
Why does Larian need to fix it? There's a clear way to get the controller, even if it's one you don't want to take.

This. Its not broken. Its a wonderful way to provide alternative paths and consequences for your decisions, in this case joining the fab five gives you access to the controller (which I couldn't figure out how to get to work anyway, even though I had it, I just killed him the normal way in the end).

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Bluestone

This. Its not broken. Its a wonderful way to provide alternative paths and consequences for your decisions, in this case joining the fab five gives you access to the controller (which I couldn't figure out how to get to work anyway, even though I had it, I just killed him the normal way in the end).

To control it, read the manual you get with the controller. Weaken it and/or set it to happytime to still fight it or make it self destruct (which option removes it from battle immediately but means you don't get XP for fighting it).

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
C
Cutter Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
C

Because then it's not a CRPG. I shouldn't be forced to play a specific way in order to do the 'right' thing. As it turns out you don't have to join them, just chat with the guys in the cave then go talk to Arhu. It's inelegant but it works.

Unfortunately I'm starting to see how more and more of this game was made by the designers to be played the way they think it should be played. Now that I'm past my initial excitement and looking at it with an objective, critical eye this game has a great many flaws. The saving grace is that the community may address them with the editor.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is no "right" thing to do in this particular quest. If you refuse the FF you have literally no other motivation to kill the robot apart from "it's in your way" and you can only know THAT once you talked to the people in the cave. (Which if you do, you can still get the controller)

And the controller denies you the kill XP... so using it is certainly not the "right" thing wink

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen

To control it, read the manual you get with the controller. Weaken it and/or set it to happytime to still fight it or make it self destruct (which option removes it from battle immediately but means you don't get XP for fighting it).

The combinations in the book seemed to have no effect on it when I did it.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
[quote=Peter Ebbesen][quote=Bluestone]
The combinations in the book seemed to have no effect on it when I did it.

Interesting.

Using save/reloading I tested several of the combinations from the book back when I was at that stage, and they definitely worked for me.

AAS - self destruct (what it says, denies you kill XP)
SSH - weapons deactivation (stops it using the worst of its weapons)
HHH - party time (made it turn around and was an easy kill - I'm not sure what it was actually doing, but it wasn't focused on fighting me, certainly

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I got my controller directly from Arhu through dialogue.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I simply killed the robot, never had the remote and don't think I ever even spoke to Arhu, not even sure where he is as I never read guides:)

Link Copied to Clipboard