Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#509987 06/07/14 03:25 AM
M
OP Offline
M
I don't want any spoilers, but from what I've seen, there really aren't that many locations in DOS, at least not as many as in BG2. I spent months playing BG2, doing every single quest, picking up every single item. I really hope DOS is a lot like that, but some say there are only 2 big towns where you can sell your items, one of which is Cyseal...

I was hoping for snowy mountains, dry deserts, humid swamps, bushy forests, underground caverns, underwater dwellings, and of course inter-dimensional existences / space.

In trailers I saw mostly Cyseal-like environments along with snowy ones and some underground-like ones, but that is it... even Dragon Ages: Origins was bigger than that!

Anyway, I wish someone would post 1 screenshot from each different environment in the game, so I can assess its size that way!

veteran
veteran
Well, for what it's worth, I'm more than 45-50 hours into the game and haven't even visited the last big map. There are four big maps in the game of the size of Cyseal and a few big dungeons as well on top.

So it doesn't have the size of BG2 (I think that no game will ever be that big again) but nevertheless it's big for a modern video game. I would say 80 hours at least if you don't rush and try to explore and enjoy and read the dialogues and stuff. But it could be 100 hours as well. A lot less if you rush.

Larian is a rather "small" indie developer so it's pretty understandable that theycan't create content for several hundert hours anymore (we don't have the 90s with garage companies anymore...). But I think that if sales are good (and it seems they are) they will make a lot of new stuff for the game in the coming months and with the mod tools released to the public there should also be a lot of user created stuff (think NWN) soon. smile

WOOS
K
stranger
stranger
K
I don't think those are reasonable expectations you have there, nor valid means of comparisons.

Granted I don't have the game yet, I've long since learned those are not standards games can be measured with, so I didn't even stop to think about how much fun I will be having with this game based on the map count.

Also, from what I've seen, it's more about freedom and each playthrough being unique thanks to the many ways you can approach quests, and not about the size. I'd rather compare this game akin to Arcanum than to BioWare games anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard