Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: Jun 2014
C
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
C
Joined: Jun 2014
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? You have a serious attitude problem. Literally every post you make is discourteous and rude, you are like a cancer on these boards. Why don't you do us all a favor and stop being so damn hostile towards everybody?

Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Hiver
Are you people completely stupid?

Are you not capable of reading something thats not a malfunctioning thought in your skull?


On that note, I wonder if the forums support an ignore list. I haven't needed one thus far, but now I'm thinking it might be necessary to start using it. Not that I'm referring to any specific poster.....noooo, not at all.

Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Hi Jito, hows your weather over there? Today I have Sunny and 99, but low humidity, pretty nice day. Hows bout you?

Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by Cameron9428
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? You have a serious attitude problem. Literally every post you make is discourteous and rude, you are like a cancer on these boards. Why don't you do us all a favor and stop being so damn hostile towards everybody?


+1

Joined: Jul 2014
S
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
S
Joined: Jul 2014
Originally Posted by Hiver
...

Simulacrum, Youve found a way to make the game horrible and boring for yourself! Congratulations!
But do complain about yourself someplace else! ("after a while" - phah!)

...

Ironic coming from the guy who complains constantly.

Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Hi Jito, hows your weather over there? Today I have Sunny and 99, but low humidity, pretty nice day. Hows bout you?


About the same. Weather gadget in Win 7 shows 95 and sunny. A bit warm for my tastes, but tolerable.

So, how about them <insert random sports/team>?

Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Originally Posted by Jito463

On that note, I wonder if the forums support an ignore list. I haven't needed one thus far, but now I'm thinking it might be necessary to start using it. Not that I'm referring to any specific poster.....noooo, not at all.


They do! smile I just checked...someone's...profile, and there's an option to do so.

Joined: Jun 2014
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by Fellgnome
After a certain point, you simply need stronger skills and lower CDs more than you need more skills.


Your whole post was good, not saying I totally agree. But the last sentence is sort of the Cliff Notes version wrapped up in a sentence.

All or most powers scale, so the first Flare you get, gets stronger as you go, correct?

So that makes hybrids totaly more viable, if they didn't scale, it would kill hybrids mostly.

But the big point is, yes you need to figure out what skills you want to cover the bases, more than that isn't needed and then you are best getting AP up and CD down.

The game is pretty darn good in combat, you can stay focused on a few and really max the ability in terms of power, AP usage and CD. Or you can sacrifice some of that for having many more tricks in the bag. Since the game imo, once understood isn't terribly difficult, you can easily go with the more "tricks in the bag" approach for diversity/perhaps fun if you like and still have a great time.


You misunderstand. Certainly, all skills scale with level, but attributes improve them in important ways that favors stacking one primary damage stat over others.

Str/Dex/Int(I'll call these primaries) will reduce the number of turns related skills go on CD, reduce AP costs, further increase damage/potency, and increase chance to apply control/damage over time effects.

And even if you have plenty of one of those primaries, you're better off with more points in speed/con/per (probably in that order) to use more of the skills those attributes affect than putting points into another primary.

So generally the max attribute points you want to put in another primary attribute than your "main" is 3 to get the 8 needed for 100% success with lower level skills.

Last edited by Fellgnome; 06/07/14 08:58 PM.
Joined: Mar 2014
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2014
Originally Posted by Cameron9428
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? You have a serious attitude problem. Literally every post you make is discourteous and rude, you are like a cancer on these boards. Why don't you do us all a favor and stop being so damn hostile towards everybody?

I think, on the other hand that people like you who cannot read or comprehend simple sentences are a cancer on humanity.

Ive written in big colored letters and you people still dont get it.
So excuse me for telling you the obvious.

You want me to do you favors?
Why dont you all do me a favor and jump of a cliff somewhere?
You would do me and humanity a solid.



Joined: Jun 2014
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Hiver
Originally Posted by Cameron9428
Dude, what the hell is wrong with you? You have a serious attitude problem. Literally every post you make is discourteous and rude, you are like a cancer on these boards. Why don't you do us all a favor and stop being so damn hostile towards everybody?

I think, on the other hand that people like you who cannot read or comprehend simple sentences are a cancer on humanity.

Ive written in big colored letters and you people still dont get it.
So excuse me for telling you the obvious.

You want me to do you favors?
Why dont you all do me a favor and jump of a cliff somewhere?
You would do me and humanity a solid.




Consider that some posters are probably reading but just ignoring your rules. You don't get strict control of where the discussion goes just because you made the initial topic. Just let people do their own thing and respond to the posts that you do have an interest in rather than ranting at those you don't.

Last edited by Fellgnome; 06/07/14 09:37 PM.
Joined: Mar 2014
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2014
Ever heard about concept such as off topic or spamming?

And it seems that common sense, reason and logic are also unfamiliar territories for you. You tell me i dont get to "control" where the discussion goes - because you havent been able to understand a few simple sentences and now youre going to cry because you think spamming off topic posts is your god given right? - and then tell me what i should do or not in my thread?

You tell me?

With that avatar so ironically fitting for such an intellect?


silly ouch



Joined: Apr 2013
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Apr 2013
And....a certain individual (who shall remain nameless) has now been added to my ignore list. Congratulations, you're my one and only ignore on here.

Joined: Jun 2014
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Hiver
Ever heard about concept such as off topic or spamming?

And it seems that common sense, reason and logic are also unfamiliar territories for you. You tell me i dont get to "control" where the discussion goes - because you havent been able to understand a few simple sentences and now youre going to cry because you think spamming off topic posts is your god given right? - and then tell me what i should do or not in my thread?

You tell me?

With that avatar so ironically fitting for such an intellect?



We're in the general section. And we are fairly on topic since we're discussing builds, just not in the very specific way you want us to be. If anything most of spam/off topic stuff is stemming from you flinging insults around over nothing.

Also, you don't seem to understand the word "ironic". If my avatar looks stupid and I'm stupid, that is the opposite of ironic since it would be suiting and what you might expect.

Although the more reasonable conclusion is probably just that I simply enjoy a comical looking avatar.

Joined: Mar 2014
Hiver Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Mar 2014
The ironic thing is that it isnt comically looking but idiotically and moronically looking. Which fits your intellectual capacities, which you are proving with every sentence.

ouch

And you are too stupid to understand that, As well as being too stupid to understand a notion of reading and understanding simple posts and keeping on topic instead of finding idiotic excuses for your off topic spamming.




Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by Fellgnome
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Originally Posted by Fellgnome
After a certain point, you simply need stronger skills and lower CDs more than you need more skills.


Your whole post was good, not saying I totally agree. But the last sentence is sort of the Cliff Notes version wrapped up in a sentence.

All or most powers scale, so the first Flare you get, gets stronger as you go, correct?

So that makes hybrids totaly more viable, if they didn't scale, it would kill hybrids mostly.

But the big point is, yes you need to figure out what skills you want to cover the bases, more than that isn't needed and then you are best getting AP up and CD down.

The game is pretty darn good in combat, you can stay focused on a few and really max the ability in terms of power, AP usage and CD. Or you can sacrifice some of that for having many more tricks in the bag. Since the game imo, once understood isn't terribly difficult, you can easily go with the more "tricks in the bag" approach for diversity/perhaps fun if you like and still have a great time.


You misunderstand. Certainly, all skills scale with level, but attributes improve them in important ways that favors stacking one primary damage stat over others.

Str/Dex/Int(I'll call these primaries) will reduce the number of turns related skills go on CD, reduce AP costs, further increase damage/potency, and increase chance to apply control/damage over time effects.

And even if you have plenty of one of those primaries, you're better off with more points in speed/con/per (probably in that order) to use more of the skills those attributes affect than putting points into another primary.

So generally the max attribute points you want to put in another primary attribute than your "main" is 3 to get the 8 needed for 100% success with lower level skills.


Perhaps it is just my writing, I'm in agreement with all of that in a very solid how to approach, though I still leave room for some exceptions to it as I've read a couple of takes outside of that which seem interesting and been stated to have success.

Joined: Jan 2011
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jan 2011
Originally Posted by Jito463
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Hi Jito, hows your weather over there? Today I have Sunny and 99, but low humidity, pretty nice day. Hows bout you?


About the same. Weather gadget in Win 7 shows 95 and sunny. A bit warm for my tastes, but tolerable.

So, how about them <insert random sports/team>?


With a lot of good offseason moves, I think they have a shot at it this year, you never know!

Joined: Jun 2014
C
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
C
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Hiver
The ironic thing is that it isnt comically looking but idiotically and moronically looking. Which fits your intellectual capacities, which you are proving with every sentence.

ouch

And you are too stupid to understand that, As well as being too stupid to understand a notion of reading and understanding simple posts and keeping on topic instead of finding idiotic excuses for your off topic spamming.





We all enjoy the same game, man. There's no need to treat us like lowbrow knuckle-dragging cavemen.

Anyway, back on topic. I'm currently running a lone wolf duo comprised of a pure mage and a pure two-handed melee. It is harder than a full group, but it's still a cakewalk on hard mode. The leech talent is just too strong right now, and it's too easy to reach godly levels of resistances so that elemental attacks acutally start to heal you (my melee has 110% resistances against everything except poison and tenebrium). A hasted flurry combined with oath of destruction + rage/lower resistances can make short work of all mobs. The first 10 levels are pretty rough when you don't have enough willpower/body building to shrug off most of the CC being thrown at you, though.

Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Jul 2014
Location: Australia
Originally Posted by Hiver
I think, on the other hand that people like you who cannot read or comprehend simple sentences are a cancer on humanity.

Ive written in big colored letters and you people still dont get it.
So excuse me for telling you the obvious.

You want me to do you favors?
Why dont you all do me a favor and jump of a cliff somewhere?
You would do me and humanity a solid.


If we're a cancer, that's a good thing. It means we're adaptable, powerful and practically unbeatable. The kind who outlast and destroy self-entitled crusaders like you.

I feel so empowered, thank you.

Originally Posted by Hiver
Ever heard about concept such as off topic or spamming?

And it seems that common sense, reason and logic are also unfamiliar territories for you. You tell me i dont get to "control" where the discussion goes - because you havent been able to understand a few simple sentences and now youre going to cry because you think spamming off topic posts is your god given right? - and then tell me what i should do or not in my thread?

You tell me?

With that avatar so ironically fitting for such an intellect?


silly ouch


This is neither off-topic nor spamming. We're in the General forums, anything goes...as long as it directly relates to the game and come to think of it, you were the one to first go off-topic by your definition so you only have yourself to blame for derailing it. To quote the description: "The place for in-depth discussions, arguments and dissections of Divinity - Original Sin."

As for spamming, there's been none of it, as no one has constantly said the same thing over and over to fill the thread with empty blocks of text.

Originally Posted by Hiver
The ironic thing is that it isnt comically looking but idiotically and moronically looking. Which fits your intellectual capacities, which you are proving with every sentence.

ouch

And you are too stupid to understand that, As well as being too stupid to understand a notion of reading and understanding simple posts and keeping on topic instead of finding idiotic excuses for your off topic spamming.


All you are is yet another Keyboard Warrior with the delusion of superiority. Do yourself a favour, as well as us, and remove that pole you have firmly jammed up your rear-end. You're not making any friends with your idiotic raving and moronic expectations.

As for the topic at hand, I will have something to add once my game arrives.

Last edited by Teknykk; 07/07/14 12:06 AM.
Joined: Jun 2014
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Jun 2014
Originally Posted by Hiver
The ironic thing is that it isnt comically looking but idiotically and moronically looking. Which fits your intellectual capacities, which you are proving with every sentence.

ouch

And you are too stupid to understand that, As well as being too stupid to understand a notion of reading and understanding simple posts and keeping on topic instead of finding idiotic excuses for your off topic spamming.





Speaking of reading...

Originally Posted by Larian



Board Rules
-- Rules of Conduct on these Message Boards --

You agree not to do any of the following while on our message boards:

Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.

Trolls - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum users is not welcome. You will be banned (possibly without warning depending on the severity of the issue) if you persist in this
behavior.




http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=boardrules&v=1

Last edited by Fellgnome; 07/07/14 12:43 AM.
Joined: May 2014
J
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
J
Joined: May 2014
Lol, posting in a Hiver thread...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5