Next Thread
Print Thread
#510749 06/07/14 07:05 PM
Z
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Z
Hi guys its me again , anyone know the timing that the merchants take to reset their stock ? thanks !

GAMING since i was 5 years old
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
I may be wrong, but it seems to be when your main hero levels up (the one on the right side of the character creation screen).

H
stranger
stranger
H
Which means in the entire game you'll only have 20 merchant reset, this plus teh fact that each merchant inventory is random (no problem with that), if you have bad luck, you can have some hard time finding good stuff.
Meaning save/reload before trading is almost mandatory.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Has anyone confirmed this yet?

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by realmain
Has anyone confirmed this yet?

Well, I only realized it about halfway into the game, but after I started exploiting it it worked for me every time. From then on, as I levelled up I'd always go to my homestead and buy new tomes from the secret lady, then head straight to the skeleton vendor in the phantom forest to savescum his merchandise until I got at least 2 items I was happy with.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Is it really only every level? I feel like it's been reset after some time away from said merchant some times.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Apparently saving and reloading will reset the inventory. I haven't done it personally, but people are doing it to reroll for the skill books they need.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Brian Wright
Apparently saving and reloading will reset the inventory. I haven't done it personally, but people are doing it to reroll for the skill books they need.

Just tried that. Doesn't seem to work.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Brian Wright

Saving and reloading the game does not reset vendors.

What we mean is that when you have reached a state that triggers the inventory being rerolled next time you talk to the merchant, then we save before talking to him, talk - and if we don't like what we see, we load the save we just made and talk to him again... and continue doing that load/talk until we get what we are looking for or conclude that this vendor at this particular point of progress is not going to have the skill we are looking for regardless of how many times we force it to generate an inventory for us.

For the easiest example of how this works, save immediately before talking to a merchant for the first time and do the load/talk dance from there.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
As kind of an aside, the same works with a lot of (if not all?) containers too. That is, loot is only rolled when you open it for the first time, so you an save before opening it, look at the loot, then reload the save if it doesn't suit your fancy. I rolled the final chest a bunch of times too, until I got an item I could actually use out of it.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I had to go to level 4 without minor heal, and it was getting to be a pain. When I dinged 4 I went to the market and saved, and there was no heal at the enchanter or the healer in the house. So I loaded and tried again and there it was. I can easilly see myself sucking some fun out of the game if I start abusing this to get exactly what I want. At the same time some skills are so warranted they should be guaranteed.

I think the whirlwind skill can always be found in a basement outside of town. Maybe the heal book could be in the Mayors library, together with maybe the rogues invisibility or whichever skill people find they very much but need haven't taken and now can't get.

Link Copied to Clipboard