Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shang Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
At the beginning of the game I have accidentally sold my golden chalice (not realizing what it was back then).
Is there any way I could get it back? or do I have to visit all merchants to see if I have sold it to them? Or will it be long gone already?

addict
addict
I know you'll get it on any new characters you create, but as for getting it back from the vendors, I couldn't say. It's not a major issue, though, as all it does is increase the value of items you sell. Unless you're seriously strapped for cash (in which case, you can simply rob the place blind and sell everything back to them), it's not really essential.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Shang
At the beginning of the game I have accidentally sold my golden chalice (not realizing what it was back then).
Is there any way I could get it back? or do I have to visit all merchants to see if I have sold it to them? Or will it be long gone already?

You have to buy it back from the merchant you've sold it. It costs 1500G or something like that.

Now playing: Earthbound | Last Game: The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD
MAL | MML
apprentice
apprentice
Just steal all the overpriced paintings of men and women then sell them, you don't need the chalice to be rich for quite a while:)

They really need to reduce selling price of paintings, it's fun but it's ridiculous

Shang Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
My mage is wearing an ugly babyblue robe... I want a golden one wink

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
The colour of sky is prettier than the colour of pee wink

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Godot.

You have to buy it back from the merchant you've sold it. It costs 1500G or something like that.

I noticed that most of the things I sold to vendors remains in their stock, even after 30+ hours of play and traveling to the second area and back. So I think it's pretty safe to say that the vendor you sold the chalice to will still have it in his inventory (you might even be able to pickpocket it if your skill is high enough).

They don't keep everything though, only stuff that you might want to buy back later on. Paintings, cutlery and other "crap" usually disappears after a while.

I'm not 100% sure about this though, it's just something I noticed while playing.

*edit* fixed a typo

Last edited by RiptoR; 07/07/14 09:13 AM.

Ke se marei gola
Shang Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by RiptoR
Originally Posted by Godot.

I noticed that most of the things I sold to vendors remains in their stock, even after 30+ hours of play and traveling to the second area and back. So I think it's pretty safe to say that the vendor you sold the chalice to will still have it in his inventory (you might even be able to pickpocket it if your skill is high enough).

They don't keep everything though, only stuff that you might want to buy back later on. Paintings, cutlery and other "crap" usually disappears after a while.

I'm not 100% sure about this though, it's just something I noticed while playing.

*edit* fixed a typo

cool thx for the info! Now only to find the guy that bought my chalice! I bet he knew it was worth more than I asked for it! smile

veteran
veteran
You're only out of luck if the person you sold it to became unavailable (due to being locked up and loosing their sale option for example)...
But yeah, good luck hunting everyone to find your item back.

Shang Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
yeah can't find the person I sold it to... thinkin I sold it to someone that has fled town...

Link Copied to Clipboard