Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I am not a music buff and normally I don't care for game music. As a matter of fact I can't think of a single game I haven't quickly disabled music on... Until this game.

A few songs in particular stick out to me and I was wondering if anyone might know of similar work that is easily accessible. Such as on YouTube.

In no particular order:
- Bittersweet Regrets
- Medieval Tears (Alt)
- Power of Innocence
- Flutter of a Butterfly (after the 45 sec intro)

Thanks. smile

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah I agree, this game has an AWESOME sound track smile

addict
addict
Thank Kirill for that, he's the mastermind behind the brilliant music found in ALL Divinity games.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
G
stranger
stranger
G
My all time fav from Mr. Pokrovsky is probably "song of the wind" from the first Divine Divinity, followed by "The Princess and the Dragon", which you can heard in the 3 last Larian games afaik.

R
RtM Offline
R
Agreed. Sometimes I stop playing to listen to the music in game.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I don't know if it's the best, but it's certainly up there. Right next to Marty O'donnel's work in Halo and Jeremy Soule's work in Elder Scrolls.

I
journeyman
journeyman
I
Yup, i loved the OST. Hits all the right notes and accompanies all the right atmosphere.

veteran
veteran
I can only recommend watching Kirill's live piano concert which he gave during the kickstarter again. Good times and great talent... smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dStHe6h_Xg

WOOS
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Agree completely, the only other RPG that comes close soundtrack-wise is FFVIII.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Falcus
Agree completely, the only other RPG that comes close soundtrack-wise is FFVIII.

Gothic games (Kai Rosenkranz) are pretty epic as well. And not forget BG2... smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 07/07/14 04:03 AM.

WOOS
apprentice
apprentice
I have to admit I loving it so much. So glad I got the OST as well. smile It just feels very fitting for the game for me.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Katreyn
I have to admit I loving it so much. So glad I got the OST as well. smile It just feels very fitting for the game for me.

Yeah I am kicking myself now for not getting it. Will "patiently" wait for the release heh.

veteran
veteran
The music is, like always ... Great !
I'm so happy to have the CD with 22 sound tracks from Kirill !
Yeah !! laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
I
stranger
stranger
I
In one of the last kickstarter updates Swen told us that Kirill has fallen seriously ill and he couldn`t finish his work on soundtrack to the end (but it is still amazing!)
Any info on how is he going now?

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Falcus

Yea, some tracks do resemble FFVIII oddly enough. Inspired by, maybe? I know there is one other track in this game, introduced first in Divinity 2, that has a total ripoff section from one of the Fifth Element movie tracks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti9XWBKvzJg

K
stranger
stranger
K
Actually I don't agree smirk It's a good soundtrack, and the fidelity fits quite nicely with the style of the game, but I was hoping for more. Of course, Swen's blog explained why and my thoughts are very much with Krill. In an ideal world we'll see an extended edition (free) update some way down the line with the soundtrack this game could have had smile

For reference, other games with soundtracks I rate highly include Gothic 3, The Witcher (1), Daggerfall, Another World, and most recently, Child of Light.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I can only recommend watching Kirill's live piano concert which he gave during the kickstarter again. Good times and great talent... smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dStHe6h_Xg

Thanks for pointing that out. wink

"Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - RogueDeus
enthusiast
enthusiast
This is a real selling point of this game, honestly. The first time I walked out on the beach leading up to the Black Cove I had to stop for a moment and take in the glory of what I was listening to. The only other RPG music I've heard which comes close, in my mind, is the Tristram theme from Diablo... but in this soundtrack we've got multiple pieces of roughly the same tier. To speak analogously, I still think Tristram is the best single, but I consider D:OS the better album.

Link Copied to Clipboard