Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stuck at source temple door puzzle #511728
07/07/14 12:53 PM
07/07/14 12:53 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
K
kain30 Offline OP
stranger
kain30  Offline OP
stranger
K

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
hi!, what the title said, iエve been stuck in the door puzzle of the source temple (almost end of the game, i think) for 4 hours, and itエs starting to be frustrating. can someone help me?

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #511777
07/07/14 01:28 PM
07/07/14 01:28 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Poganin Offline
stranger
Poganin  Offline
stranger

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
I assume you managed to enter the central room with the three statues of self-awareness?

Anyway, I was stuck on it last night for 2 hours. Here goes:

1) stand on the floor button in front of the huge head. As you step off it the door on the right should open. Go there and stand on the next floor button to open the door on the left and enter the next chamber. Don't stand on the floor button here because it releases a cloud of gas (if you do, use the dragon head to disable it). Instead, look for a wall button to open the next door (at least I think there was a button there). From there go on the broken bridge and toss a pyramid over the gap. Teleport to it and open the wooden door behind some rubble, which should unlock a teleport point. Teleport there (Source temple vault) and destroy the correct statue. If you destroy the wrong one, you will be teleported back to the beginning of the temple.

2) Toss a pyramid into the treasury on the left and teleport to it. Go through the mirror and pick up the Earth key. Teleport to central room and go up the stairs a bit until you're between two doors. There will be a wall button to the left of the door on the right. Press it and go down the left corridor (Perception test may be needed; if you don't discover it, you can probably toss a pyramid into the room on the right from the north and use a floor switch to open the doors; this will require you to leave a character standing on the switch until you open the Earth door - more pyramid teleporting). Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key. Teleport back to the central room.

3) Stand on the floor switch in front of the huge head again, go right, leave a pyramid here. Stand on the floor switch there, go left to the room with poison trap. Stand on the floor switch in the poison room, then teleport to the pyramid. The door leading to the Air door should be open. Proceed forward through the Air door and a corridor to reach the hatch maze. Go through the hatches until you end up in the centre of the maze with a room behind a portcullis on the left. Toss a pyramid through, teleport, discover a switch on the wall (need Perception test). Press the switch to reveal a passage south. Go through the hatch there and destroy the correct statue. Teleport to the central room and all three statues of self awareness should be lit up with books in front of them. The books tell you how to do the candle puzzle.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Poganin; 07/07/14 01:32 PM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #511794
07/07/14 01:41 PM
07/07/14 01:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
F
FalsePrism Offline
stranger
FalsePrism  Offline
stranger
F

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
I can't find hide nor hair of this floor button in front of the head. We're talking about the same head, right? Just before the stone bridge, with the wolves?

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #511796
07/07/14 01:41 PM
07/07/14 01:41 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
K
kain30 Offline OP
stranger
kain30  Offline OP
stranger
K

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 4
thank you!! it helped a lot!! smile

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: FalsePrism] #511798
07/07/14 01:43 PM
07/07/14 01:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Poganin Offline
stranger
Poganin  Offline
stranger

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by FalsePrism
I can't find hide nor hair of this floor button in front of the head. We're talking about the same head, right? Just before the stone bridge, with the wolves?


That's Temple of the Dead, a different dungeon.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: Poganin] #511806
07/07/14 01:47 PM
07/07/14 01:47 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
F
FalsePrism Offline
stranger
FalsePrism  Offline
stranger
F

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
Oh yeah, duuuh. Jumped to conclusion, didn't check the title.

Still, while I'm here.. Any tips on that?

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #511811
07/07/14 01:50 PM
07/07/14 01:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Poganin Offline
stranger
Poganin  Offline
stranger

Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Not sure what exactly your problem in the Temple of the Dead is. The stone bridge there is raised by clicking a skull on top of a pile to the left of it. If you speak to the people imprisoned in trees in Phantom Forest, they will give you some hints regarding the Temple.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #511813
07/07/14 01:55 PM
07/07/14 01:55 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
F
FalsePrism Offline
stranger
FalsePrism  Offline
stranger
F

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 15
Well, at the stone bridge, there's this big head. And beyond that, the rest of the map. the only other offshoots are a small area with lab notes regarding how to raise perception, and the other leads to a big alchemy room with an ingredients vendor. And of course the end of the level with the blood stone.

I assume the whole thing involves having high perception, but my crafting is at 3 and isn't high enough to make the perception potion (eye+flask+augmentor). Perception is at 11 though so I don't see how it should be such a big problem. Anyway, tl;dr dunno how to get past the skull.

Last edited by FalsePrism; 07/07/14 02:07 PM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #512436
07/07/14 09:58 PM
07/07/14 09:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
A
Actionhanz Offline
apprentice
Actionhanz  Offline
apprentice
A

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Lava traps are so ridiculous with + 100% fire resistance laugh

edit: ok thx to this thread i was able to beat the riddle. The only step i totally stuck was the part with the wodden door behind the crushed rocks... the rest was normal doable...but srsly, in the whole game you never had to open a door through stuff to get a waypoint...and now this, sometimes they overdrive with their riddlepassoin smile

Last edited by Actionhanz; 07/07/14 10:22 PM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: Poganin] #514521
09/07/14 07:16 PM
09/07/14 07:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 76
D
Diabolus_Musica Offline
journeyman
Diabolus_Musica  Offline
journeyman
D

Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by Poganin
Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key.


Great post, thanks a lot. For the quoted part, there's a door blocking me before I get to those statues (right after the two sentry statues). How do I open that door? There's a pressure plate in front of it but when I step and and off it it clicks but the door remains closed.

Thanks

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: Poganin] #518296
13/07/14 01:57 PM
13/07/14 01:57 PM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,801
Germany
LordCrash Offline

veteran
LordCrash  Offline

veteran

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,801
Germany
Originally Posted by Poganin
I assume you managed to enter the central room with the three statues of self-awareness?

Anyway, I was stuck on it last night for 2 hours. Here goes:

1) stand on the floor button in front of the huge head. As you step off it the door on the right should open. Go there and stand on the next floor button to open the door on the left and enter the next chamber. Don't stand on the floor button here because it releases a cloud of gas (if you do, use the dragon head to disable it). Instead, look for a wall button to open the next door (at least I think there was a button there). From there go on the broken bridge and toss a pyramid over the gap. Teleport to it and open the wooden door behind some rubble, which should unlock a teleport point. Teleport there (Source temple vault) and destroy the correct statue. If you destroy the wrong one, you will be teleported back to the beginning of the temple.

2) Toss a pyramid into the treasury on the left and teleport to it. Go through the mirror and pick up the Earth key. Teleport to central room and go up the stairs a bit until you're between two doors. There will be a wall button to the left of the door on the right. Press it and go down the left corridor (Perception test may be needed; if you don't discover it, you can probably toss a pyramid into the room on the right from the north and use a floor switch to open the doors; this will require you to leave a character standing on the switch until you open the Earth door - more pyramid teleporting). Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key. Teleport back to the central room.

3) Stand on the floor switch in front of the huge head again, go right, leave a pyramid here. Stand on the floor switch there, go left to the room with poison trap. Stand on the floor switch in the poison room, then teleport to the pyramid. The door leading to the Air door should be open. Proceed forward through the Air door and a corridor to reach the hatch maze. Go through the hatches until you end up in the centre of the maze with a room behind a portcullis on the left. Toss a pyramid through, teleport, discover a switch on the wall (need Perception test). Press the switch to reveal a passage south. Go through the hatch there and destroy the correct statue. Teleport to the central room and all three statues of self awareness should be lit up with books in front of them. The books tell you how to do the candle puzzle.

Hope this helps.


Hm, how do you know which is the correct statue? They are both identical. I can also destroy both without being teleported back to the entrance. No matter what I do there appears no book at the tables in the central room...

I begin to think that this is bugged. frown


Edit: It works now after I reloaded the whole level from a previous savegame. But the statues were definitely bugged with the other savegame...


Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 02:14 PM.

WOOS
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #520445
16/07/14 02:02 AM
16/07/14 02:02 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
J
johnrxx99 Offline
stranger
johnrxx99  Offline
stranger
J

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
How the devil do you "toss" a pyramid through a wall/gates?

Whoops, done it but now can't find the button between the 2 heads up the stairs, lol.

Last edited by johnrxx99; 16/07/14 02:55 AM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: johnrxx99] #520570
16/07/14 05:23 AM
16/07/14 05:23 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
J
johnrxx99 Offline
stranger
johnrxx99  Offline
stranger
J

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 8
Several hours on I realise it's all about perception.

Mine is 12 and with a large potion 15 but still can't reveal the switch in the central room, through the grill, the third Self-awareness statute puzzle. It had a chest in it which I couldn't lockpick so I bashed it and nothing was inside. Was that a bad move?

Last edited by johnrxx99; 16/07/14 05:25 AM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #521898
17/07/14 12:26 PM
17/07/14 12:26 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
V
ViruZz Offline
apprentice
ViruZz  Offline
apprentice
V

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
One way to easily get through the hatch maze is by tossing a pyramid up on the highground right next to the middle chamber on the far right side.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #522007
17/07/14 02:33 PM
17/07/14 02:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
D
Deste Offline
apprentice
Deste  Offline
apprentice
D

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
What is up with the candles riddle. I have the two first phases but the last with 3 candles only does not work. I destroyed all the right statues and collected all books so I am confused.

Edit:

Found it, I was doing the sequence in the wrong order.

First all but the one in the middle
Then the one in the middle only
FInally 3 only

Last edited by Deste; 17/07/14 02:50 PM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #522609
18/07/14 05:29 AM
18/07/14 05:29 AM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
A
Adam_Nox Offline
apprentice
Adam_Nox  Offline
apprentice
A

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
Ok how do you open the door to the air key statues? Can't get past.

There's a 'pit' between two sentinels, it says there must be a way to disarm it, if that's related. No idea.

No one ever mentions the door blocking the path to those statues past the 2 sentinels, so I'm not sure if my game is borked or what.

Last edited by Adam_Nox; 18/07/14 05:48 AM.
Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #522885
18/07/14 01:24 PM
18/07/14 01:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
V
ViruZz Offline
apprentice
ViruZz  Offline
apprentice
V

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
Use invisibility and run past them and stand on the pressure plate to open the door. Simple as that.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #522890
18/07/14 01:27 PM
18/07/14 01:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 109
L
lordfiSh Offline

member
lordfiSh  Offline

member
L

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 109
Cast Dead Knight Ban (or something) and just destroy them. Simple as that.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: ViruZz] #522966
18/07/14 03:19 PM
18/07/14 03:19 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
A
Adam_Nox Offline
apprentice
Adam_Nox  Offline
apprentice
A

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by ViruZz
Use invisibility and run past them and stand on the pressure plate to open the door. Simple as that.


My door wouldn't open when standing on the pressure plate.

I got lucky and was able to glitch throw a pyramid on the left side of the door.

It seems weird that they'd just put 1 pressure plate to open a door right in front of you, I wonder if we are all missing a piece to that, like if other plates need to be pressed too.

Oh well, I'm done now.

Re: stuck at source temple door puzzle [Re: kain30] #523003
18/07/14 04:39 PM
18/07/14 04:39 PM
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
V
ViruZz Offline
apprentice
ViruZz  Offline
apprentice
V

Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 26
did u use a companion or one of your main characters? Somehow the door would t open for me when i used a companion but once one of my main characters stepped on the pressure plate it opened just fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.2